SRP_DeadSector

Started by Silver Knight, 27-01-2010

Silver Knight

Last night i was considering making another delay map (Redemption isn't at it's best, and Chernobyl won't be edited anymore) , to help fill in the time difference between Chernobyl and The Zone. Even thought i don't play srp much, i can see that Chernobyl is pretty unfit for roleplay, due to lack of bases and features. It's a fucking sexy map and well made, but it lacks in providing suitable locations for players to use, and what places there are (Yantar, Hunters Lodge etc) are never used.

Even thought im already pretty busy with college and other projects, this is something i want to do, this may be done or this may never be finished, but i at least want to cook something up, if not just for an idea. This is aimed at being a somewhat small project, so do not expect too much of it.

So, as for a delay map, it would be something of small scale, it's a delay map after all, and is only meant to provide extra gameplay and an extra map for players to play on (Switch-aroo) between that and Chernobyl to keep it fresh.

So, that out the way, ill just list several idea's for this map.

The map will consist of being open, like Chernobyl, but will concentrate on less flat land and a more hazardous enviroment. There will be anoms which will auto spawn too, to help maintain this, just like Redemption.

Features Completed:
Outpost (The one in cordon before the teleport, can be used by any faction, but mostly military will want to take it, it's one of several ways into another part of the map, contains one main building, 2 floors, one by ladder and the other is a simple walk in, im thinking of putting down a tent like part too outside)
Barns (Two twin barns, like he ones in cordon, suitable for faction)
Compound (The same one from redemption, the ramp part is now a underground bunker place)
Gas Station (A look alike from COP, it contains the front lobby room, backrooms, a fenced off section with a small maitinence building in the enclosed area)

TODO:

Bases:
Raidenators Bandit base (It's a suitable base for anyone).
Warehouses (My Redemption base in Section 3, ill port that over into the map).
Village (Rural rundown village).
Small Industrial place (Kinda like wild territory, but on a much smaller scale).
Caved in Vehicle tunnel, with several vehicles, and a room on the side, a good base for either monsters or a small group of stalkers.
Two Barns, the ones that were used in clearsky as a base for stalkers.

Underground Places:
A Underground (Somewhat medium sized, consiting of various tunnels).

Unique Features:
Small water Radiated area (Like in Dark Territory) with that and a bridge with anoms, the only way across to the other part of the map.

Alpha test 0.7 Swamps/Gas Station/Outpost/General

Alpha test 0.6 Armory/Vehicle Storage/Entrance hut

Alpha test 0.5 - Gas Station

Alpha test 0.4 - Outpost

Alpha test 0.3

Alpha test 0.1 Screenshots (5-6 Hours work)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Dug

Sounds good I guess, as long as all the space is filled.
Chernobyl is a good map. it's made well but it seriously needs more buildings and features like you said. And most of the time it's just plain flat terrain.

Royz

Quote from: Dug on 27-01-2010
Sounds good I guess, as long as all the spacei is filled.
Chernobyl is a good map. it's made well but it seriously needs more buildings and features like you said. And most of the time it's just plain flat terrain.
I love the other map, but its soooo wide and flat with no filled space.

Goose

Yea but it would be cool if there was a small urban town in it and i mean small like a few houses  nothing big in chernobyl
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Steel

Quote from: Dug on 27-01-2010
Sounds good I guess, as long as all the space is filled.

I agree with dug there, My loner group struggled to find a place to "live"

Royz

Quote from: Goose on 27-01-2010
Yea but it would be cool if there was a small urban town in it and i mean small like a few houses  nothing big in chernobyl

If I saw that one village from the army warehouses in here, I'll <3 it

Aviator

Cool ideas, may I throw in a few of my own?
-A day and night switch feature for admins to use, the current night screen darkening effect isn't the best night simulator.
-A lab area, a big one, like in Redemption to use for quests and stuff.
-Pripyat Underground, like in CoP.
-Swamps with boat structures to freely use as bases and stuff, like in CoP. (Not the props, actual buildings that you can walk into and stuff)
I might add more later, but I doubt you will even read this.

Royz

Quote from: Aviator on 27-01-2010
....A day and night switch feature for admins to use, the current night screen darkening effect isn't the best night simulator...

I'd love it it wasnt a simple PP effect, but that the map automatically change, which means a position in the "sun"'s lighting.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Royz on 27-01-2010
Quote from: Aviator on 27-01-2010
....A day and night switch feature for admins to use, the current night screen darkening effect isn't the best night simulator...

I'd love it it wasnt a simple PP effect, but that the map automatically change, which means a position in the "sun"'s lighting.

Not possible to look good in lua/hammer, there's nothing you can use in source to accomplish it.

Finished porting the Compound from Redemption, and got a fair bit of terrain done, including the cordon like bridge over tunnel thing.

Assassinator

Cool idea but what about Fallout, Phoenix, and the unfinished Rad 1.5?

Silver Knight

Alpha test 0.1 Screenshots (5-6 Hours work)

Dug

Looks good.

Locke

Cool. We just pump out maps like crazy here, hm?

Silver Knight

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 27-01-2010
Cool. We just pump out maps like crazy here, hm?

Well technically this is my first  Stalker map from scratch, since i took redemption over after Hostel gave up on it to work on another SRP map. This is just another delay map until Hostels big project.

Mangoman

Well, looks awefully good for a map to just tie us over. :P

Silver Knight

Alpha 0.4 Barn update (Ill post some of outpost tomorrow)

Im still looking for more feedback from you guys! Im not sure if i should furnish the barns at all, or apply the broken walls onto the sides like in cordon.

Note: Im probably on alpha 0.7 now, so a few of these are abit more optimised, such as the bricks in the wall look better.

Strelok Holmes

Decent to say so far Silver... Here's hoping you can get a bloodsucker village in!

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Dark Angel

**Is confused**

What about srp_ch ?

Hotstarr

I'd like this map to be set during the night instead of the day. It'd make DeadSector a better filler map, since we haven't seen a night map in ages.

Dug

Quote from: Hotstarr on 31-01-2010
I'd like this map to be set during the night instead of the day. It'd make DeadSector a better filler map, since we haven't seen a night map in ages.

To be honest I'd like to see some snow, other than that the map looks good so far.

Assassinator

I'd really like to see a snow-night map, that would be really nice.

Royz

THAAAAANK YOU!

Also, why not have a night/day map and just cycle between the two every now and then.

Strelok Holmes

Quote from: Royz on 31-01-2010
THAAAAANK YOU!

Also, why not have a night/day map and just cycle between the two every now and then.
Because shitty overlays are the hip and lazy thing to do!

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Chaos

I thought I saw this map on another server..
It was srp_"something"
Anyways, it sounds good so far.

Radek

Looks Great :)
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"