SRP_DeadSector

Started by Silver Knight, 27-01-2010

Dark Angel

Keep it up! But please don't leave the map limits so visible like in srp_chernobyl.

Put a fence around like in real stalker maybe?

Spawnmax

Limansk maybe?

Royz

Quote from: Dark Angel on 31-01-2010
Keep it up! But please don't leave the map limits so visible like in srp_chernobyl.

Maybe a simple 3d skybox?

Plunger

Do a better layout then Hostel did.

This is the current maps layout.

O = Border
B = Base
- = Nothing
S = Swamp

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O-----------------O
O-B-------------B-O
O-----------------O
O-----SSSSSSS-----O
O-----------------O
O-B-------------B-O
O-----------------O
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jazer

I recommend at least decompiling my map and using the fog entity I have, it's perfect for the skybox. 

Silver Knight

Quote from: Dark Angel on 31-01-2010

That requires more resources, which is a total waste, no one cares if you can see the sides of the map.

Quote from: Layton on 02-02-2010
Do a better layout then Hostel did.

This is the current maps layout.

O = Border
B = Base
- = Nothing
S = Swamp

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O-----------------O
O-B-------------B-O
O-----------------O
O-----SSSSSSS-----O
O-----------------O
O-B-------------B-O
O-----------------O
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So far it's got a base, roads, outpost and barns as well as a tunnel, im very creative with what i can fill spaces with, so you don't need to worry about that!

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Aresty

Great work, Can't wait to play on the map.

deluxulous

Okay, PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE optimize it and nodraw props that are at a distance.

I can't even play on redemption any more :(

Silver Knight

Quote from: PistolKid on 03-02-2010
Okay, PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE optimize it and nodraw props that are at a distance.

I can't even play on redemption any more :(

Redemption did has props that faded at a distance, and no draw'd textures, it was just flawed by design, and the spawn place was rather foolish, since you rendered the whole of section two when you spawned.

Genesis

I can't wait for this new map, Deadsector. I think its gonna be kickass. I rly want more areas for Loners and STALKERs to chill.

Silver Knight

I plan on working on it throughout this coming week, i have a week off college, so potentially, i can get it up to speed, to be version 1.0 alpha or something, and put it on the server, but no promises, when i get stuck in, i work hard and fast, but we will have to see how things go.

Lucidius

Quote from: Last.Exile on 12-02-2010but no promises, when i get stuck in, i work hard and fast, but we will have to see how things go.

Read whilst looking at your display picture.

You should get some ingame references for heights and general dimensions form STALKER if your remaking anything. srp_chernobyl felt really disporportionate when it came to walking around.

Also, for RP you don't need a huge epic map with tonnes of running, alot of time is spent typing anyways, just gotta keep them out of Line of Sight (bases).
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Silver Knight

Alpha test 0.4

Alpha, without any real props around it, im now working on the gas station in COP, its about 80% done, so ill post images in a few days.

Welek

Map at 88 mph silver.

Aresty

So, We'll soon have it on the server ?

Silver Knight

Alpha test 0.5 - Gas Station

KingArthur

Hawt
EDIT: Any due date on the alpha release?

Radek

I WANT IT KNOW!!
It looks sooo good.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Aresty

Gas Statio is mine ! NOBODY TOUCH IT !.
Great map, Can't wait for the alpha !.

Tempest

Looks superb. Cannot wait till it's released for our pleasure - heh.
Adrian Ukhtomskii - Alive

Silver Knight

Alpha test 0.6 Armory/Vehicle Storage/Entrance hut

Goose

* Goose gets down on one knee
Will you marry me :3 epic ness
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Plunger

Can we have a map thread that doesn't involve /me abusing, and actually suggest stuff.

I.E. I suggest a place in the middle like Yanov Station. You start in the bottom, minimal props just some beds and lockers. Then branch out from there. Once the bases are established SilverKnight can probably add the dynamic spawns for factions.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Layton on 16-02-2010
Can we have a map thread that doesn't involve /me abusing, and actually suggest stuff.

I.E. I suggest a place in the middle like Yanov Station. You start in the bottom, minimal props just some beds and lockers. Then branch out from there. Once the bases are established SilverKnight can probably add the dynamic spawns for factions.

That's an interesting idea, a neutral safe place, where players can enter, i don't like lobbies too much, but then again, it might create meta gaming if everyone was to spawn in a place like that, we shall see.

Strelok Holmes

Quote from: Last.Exile on 16-02-2010
Quote from: Layton on 16-02-2010

That's an interesting idea, a neutral safe place, where players can enter, i don't like lobbies too much, but then again, it might create meta gaming if everyone was to spawn in a place like that, we shall see.
Silver, i've bugged you over teamspeak to make a train station...  Yanov would be perfect. Simply because it's neutral territory (In other words Loners) so anyone who spawns there (sides mono and military) would be releativly safe.

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive