SRP Serious Discussion

Started by Dug, 04-05-2010

Dug

Lately quiet a lot of things have caught my eye when it comes to stalker roleplay. More and more it begins to slowly push me away as it lost it's shine in my eyes. All those who are gonna say, you whine, and give useless and pointless comments. Leave this thread , no don't read the rest if you are gonna spam. I'm just being honest here, it used to be the server I would play at all times, but it changed now.

First thing that has come to my attention is that there is hardly any fear rp and everyone roleplay as a badass. There is no normal human being, or stalker should I say. And even if there is. They are usually different than others as in being badass or something else that is simply rediciolus.

Second , I've seen a bloody ninja in srp. Now that is so uncanon it can't be described. Of all things, a ninja. I won't name anyone, but it's simply unbelievable and I think many of other players agree with me. No , I don't care about explanations, gtfo , ninjas are not present in the zone.

Third, there are too many traders, applications should be closed and roster cleaned up a bit. Having many traders raises the chance of people giving stuff from one char to other or glitching somehow. There should be a rule about how many traders can be present on one server. Faction traders should be assigned for all factions.

Fourth, everyone seems to be asspulling money out of no where. I've watched this closely, the server was really poor and suddenly it erupted with money, everyone wearing expensive armor and weapons. Basically most of the SRP roleplayers have all the gear they need and all the money. This was proven by a huge number of exos and fn2000s which have been moved back to applications, instead of everyone wearing them around.

Fifth, I believe there should be a wipe of characters and prices raised on everything, make the economy tremble to it's knees again. Lower paychecks. Major factions should spawn with default armor and weapon. Note it shouldn't be anything too powerful. I have learned that if you have less money and low classed armor or weapons it , or noting at all, it generates roleplay.

Sixth, artifacts should be really rare, I've seen people having simply too many artifacts that they are now a common thing. This is probably the source where all of the exos and fn2000s came from before. There is probably a way to get around this somehow. There should be different kinds of artifacts which should have their own spawning rate , rare, common etc. etc. If it's possible to do.

Seventh, now, about passive roleplay, some people do it , some people don't. I on my trader have done some excellent passive roleplay and if Exile has the log of it, he should post it as an example to everyone. Roleplaying with trader should be a bit more passive and not just "HURR DURR GIEF MONEY, ITEM KTYBAI." Also when it comes to passive, your char needs to rest obviously, you should rp being tired, hungry, thirsty, I have hardly came across this. I strongly suggest that not just admins should enforce, fear rp, passive rp, but the players them selves should make an example, attract the other player to do it.

Eighth, now when it comes to major factions leader, there shouldn't be like three leaders. That causes instability as people are different from each other and will cause arguments about decisions when it comes to the major faction. There should be two leaders who get on with each other. There should be an American and European leader, as that way both kinds of players can enjoy their faction. Like I've stated long time ago a leader has an aura which attracts other players, because all they want is to get up higher. Reach the highest rank they can. Other than that, there should be one leader and one co-leader who should work closely and make the faction what it's suppose to be. And remain active. I don't like people who gain leader and go fuck all. You gained leader for a reason, now go on and prove you are the right choice. Do your job ,  if you know a person is making your faction worse, talk to him or her, if nothing works, kick.

Ninth, when it comes to mutants, people should most of the time run like hell and not go, "OH LOOK A MUTANT; KEEL ET AND SEEL ET TO DA ECOZ! OR DA TRADARZ!" You should usually run away from the mutants, as you are not Rambo who takes down a fucking military base with one never ending ammo machine gun. Stop acting like bloodsuckers are fluffy pets who can get killed by one shot. In STALKER games they could kill an FN exo alone, especially in CoP, while taking 2 or more magazines on their chest, or 15 max shots in the head(this is all on normal).

Tenth, what's wrong with all the people avoiding being a stalker? I believe all factions should get a number of players and simply close down the applications and make people be forced to be a stalker. In the stalker games it's hard to get in a faction. It should be here too. And when I say stalker, I mean the cool neutral guy who is willing to help if you are in trouble. Now I'm not saying it's should be really hard, but I hope you catch my drift.
And why do people have a problem with wearing a sunrise and an abakan or AK74M?
They are just as good weapons and armor as any other. I remember Kieck being the only guy with a stalker clan, which was the brother wolves. It had excellent concept and it was simply sad to see him be the only member and hang alone at the underpass. I am simply sorry that I couldn't have helped him out develop it. And he actually had a sunrise and some mid classed weapon like an abakan. And that was simply great.

That's all folks. No hard feelings eh? Just pointing out things, that should be obvious but no one simply cares.

Now I know you read all this, before you post anything, think about what I said, think really good and then give your opinion. I don't want a flame war over this, I want a simple civil discussion.

lolKieck

Think of me as a postwhore. But the only words that I can use right now are Score ! or Touche. He talks about real problems of SRP, which make it a fail RP full of bs and whine, troll, which generates fail. The only people who could act as a badass are these who can actually be one. Stop trying to be someone who you are not and start playing as your normal self.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

deluxulous

I must agree with all of these points, although I have strayed from the SRP scene. I think the reason I don't play it much is because of the lack of RP that's generated anymore. I think it really boils down to that.

Dug

Other than that, reccs are given out too easily.

Pawx

Dug, Honsetly, All your raging I thought was bullshit, That's just my opinion.
A wipe? Really? If that ever happens, I preety sure as hell I'm done with SRP, others would agree with me on that. There's no bloody ninja, Stop dreaming. And there's no such thing as to many Traders, now we can buy anything with ease. Also Passive is done at a rate and One Leader is good enough, Three Max if it's doing bad, Which I agree with you.

Dug

Quote from: Pawx on 04-05-2010
Dug, Honsetly, All your raging I thought was bullshit, That's just my opinion.
A wipe? Really? If that ever happens, I preety sure as hell I'm done with SRP, others would agree with me on that. There's no bloody ninja, Stop dreaming. And there's no such thing as to many Traders, now we can buy anything with ease. Also Passive is done at a rate and One Leader is good enough, Three Max if it's doing bad, Which I agree with you.

I'm sorry mate but you will have to drop the word "raging" as this is not raging. I'm pointing out obvious facts which everyone is ignoring. I simply don't care if people will hate me for this, but all of these are simply true facts.

Paintcheck

Your complaints about the economy and about RPing as a normal STALKER unfortunately are exclusive. How do STALKERs make money? By artifacts almost exclusively, and artifacts aren't all that common so gee, I wonder why no one plays as a STALKER...oh right because it sucks to be poor and rob whored by Pawx's exo every 3 minutes. If you want more people to play as STALKERs artifacts need to be more common (or at the very least not get any rarer).

Wiping everything and then raising the prices will just cause this problem again in a few months. We need an economy fix that won't just delay the inevitable. I would point you to this idea of mine: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/suggestions-ideas/economic-overhaul-suggestion/ I think that would work better than just another wipe and reset of everything because it will actually fix the problem with the applications.

I do agree wholeheartedly on fear RP and metagaming. PLEASE tell me in server if someone is doing that and I will lay the beat down on them.

Oh and here's an idea: PK THE WEALTHY. Instead of raging for a wipe, kill the people with Exos and FNs. There you go problem solved. Most of them have enemies up the ass and we have this wonderful merc group called Black Rain that would be more than happy to fuck them up for you.  I'm sure 90% of those with Exos have players who would love to kill them.

Dug

I like your idea Paintcheck.

EDIT: However, to get rid of the current status there should be a wipe, otherwise things would just remain the same.
EDIT 2: And to be honest I roleplayed as a stalker and still do. Valentin Dragonov. With him I managed to get a stalker suit and an abakan + colt. Now correct me if I'm wrong but that's not poor. I might be low on money but I have everything I need. And I worked hard for it. If the whole server joined a faction and no one was a stalker I'm pretty sure me and Jackal would be the two permanent stalkers.

lolKieck

Quote from: Dug on 04-05-2010

EDIT: However, to get rid of the current status there should be a wipe, otherwise things would just remain the same.

He is right, people would take the high-valuable PK which lets them transfer the exo and FN. So not really Paint, PK isn't a good idea.
And Pawx, raging about losing an exo isn't like when you lose a sunrise and hard-earned money, which I sadly can't create like you. It is bigger pain when losing an exo, but knowing you'll get one in a month, rather than losing a Sunrise, knowing you'll get it in a few. Or a year.

Steel

The only people that will rage, are people that are nothing without their "Items".

I support this to the full.

Bielecki

I remember Kieck being the only guy with a stalker clan, which was the brother wolves.

Once we get moderation over 'The Sanctioned' thread, we will set up a nice stalker group.  ;)

Dug

No one is bothered to look at it, it's been there forever now.

lolKieck

Quote from: Welek on 04-05-2010
i thought it told you to go.

go play stalker and tell me stalkers run away from mutants.

NO. Because they are AI's.
Normal human wouldn't even goddamn try to kill it. NEVER EVER EVER NEVER.
STALKERs don't need attention from a fed bloodsucker which isn't trying even to attack. Would you attack it in real life, just for fun, with a sunrise and a shotgun ? I think no. This thing is about donators being unable to play bloodsuckers too Welek. I hate being shot while looking for a suitable prey. Because people have too much testosterone by FN, exo or anything high-grade.

Welek

Quote from: lolKieck on 04-05-2010

STALKERs don't need attention from a fed bloodsucker which isn't trying even to attack. Would you attack it in real life, just for fun, with a sunrise and a shotgun ? I think no. This thing is about donators being unable to play bloodsuckers too Welek. I hate being shot while looking for a suitable prey. Because people have too much testosterone by FN, exo or anything high-grade.

Please don't talk to me. If the creators of stalker wanted the AI to run away from mutants they would have done it.

Dug

This is what I asked for, not "pls go".
A discussion.

Steel

Stop turning this talking into flaming and focus on the subject at hand.
Welek, you obviously haven't got anything usefull to say, so dont post.

Celtic

1.  This is one of my least favorite qualities of SRP.  It's not only fear either, some character's don't seem to convey any emotion.  Much of the population is people that came from light RP so they're not very used to the idea that they are portraying a real human being, and instead concentrate on gear and rubles.

2.  I haven't met any ninjas.

3.  When I've been on the server I've seen about two - three traders on at a time.  Which is a good number in my opinion as long as they keep their distance.  I do think we don't need anymore traders and that closing the apps definitely wouldn't hurt.

4.  In Freedom's case where the combined amount of people pooling their paychecks together resulted in a very fast money profit I also think it seemed like an explosion.  Some Freedomers had be holding out too and had upwards of 10k.  Within a matter of weeks in Freedom there's around 5 G36's and another exo, added to the two that we already had.  As for the STALKER's who have Exo's and FN's, I have no clue as to where they obtain that much money, other than artifacts or becoming friendly with traders.

5.  Wiping the economy will put everyone back at square one.  Raising the prices will just make it take a little extra time to get back to where we are now.

Quote from: Paintcheck on 04-05-2010
We need an economy fix that won't just delay the inevitable. I would point you to this idea of mine: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/suggestions-ideas/economic-overhaul-suggestion/ I think that would work better than just another wipe and reset of everything because it will actually fix the problem with the applications.

Paint's idea seems brilliant in my opinion.

6.  I've found two artifacts in my time in SRP since September.  Some people are just luckier than others it seems.

7.  Excellent passive RP makes my day, and it is a shame when people just avoid it.  The main thing you can do is passive yourself and then other people will join you.

8.  I agree with one leader in the America's and another in the European timezone area.  The only problem, which you stated, is instability.  If there's two leaders that do not get along then the faction will be split against itself, although a civil war could be a bit of fun.

9.  This goes back to Fear RP.  The idea of an invisible humanoid creature that looks like it has an octopus for a head is not something I'd traditionally think of as game like a deer.  More people also need to realize bloodsuckers are very dangerous, not something you run towards.

10.  Believe it or not I've gotten harder on who I accept into Freedom but still most people resort to being a bandit or a mercenary.  Why?  Most likely due to it being where they think the money is.  STALKER's should work in groups and pool their money together.

Welek

First thing that has come to my attention is that there is hardly any fear rp and everyone roleplay as a badass. There is no normal human being, or stalker should I say. And even if there is. They are usually different than others as in being badass or something else that is simply rediciolus.

You guys need to scare stalkers more and less nomnom know what im saying. Thats a bloodsucker problem not ours im going to shoot first and ask questions later if I see you. You need to make fear rp.

Second , I've seen a bloody ninja in srp. Now that is so uncanon it can't be described. Of all things, a ninja. I won't name anyone, but it's simply unbelievable and I think many of other players agree with me. No , I don't care about explanations, gtfo , ninjas are not present in the zone.

Lol thats probably randoms who just jointed to fuck around dont write a paragraph about it

Third, there are too many traders, applications should be closed and roster cleaned up a bit. Having many traders raises the chance of people giving stuff from one char to other or glitching somehow. There should be a rule about how many traders can be present on one server. Faction traders should be assigned for all factions.

half the time there is never a trader on but if there are i would say 3 at a time max

Fourth, everyone seems to be asspulling money out of no where. I've watched this closely, the server was really poor and suddenly it erupted with money, everyone wearing expensive armor and weapons. Basically most of the SRP roleplayers have all the gear they need and all the money. This was proven by a huge number of exos and fn2000s which have been moved back to applications, instead of everyone wearing them around.

lol my fault

Fifth, I believe there should be a wipe of characters and prices raised on everything, make the economy tremble to it's knees again. Lower paychecks. Major factions should spawn with default armor and weapon. Note it shouldn't be anything too powerful. I have learned that if you have less money and low classed armor or weapons it , or noting at all, it generates roleplay.

no get out the stuff i got legit i worked hard for.

Sixth, artifacts should be really rare, I've seen people having simply too many artifacts that they are now a common thing. This is probably the source where all of the exos and fn2000s came from before. There is probably a way to get around this somehow. There should be different kinds of artifacts which should have their own spawning rate , rare, common etc. etc. If it's possible to do.

talk to silver not us lol

Seventh, now, about passive roleplay, some people do it , some people don't. I on my trader have done some excellent passive roleplay and if Exile has the log of it, he should post it as an example to everyone. Roleplaying with trader should be a bit more passive and not just "HURR DURR GIEF MONEY, ITEM KTYBAI." Also when it comes to passive, your char needs to rest obviously, you should rp being tired, hungry, thirsty, I have hardly came across this. I strongly suggest that not just admins should enforce, fear rp, passive rp, but the players them selves should make an example, attract the other player to do it.

if you want passive roleplay start it stop writing on the forums about it.

Eighth, now when it comes to major factions leader, there shouldn't be like three leaders. That causes instability as people are different from each other and will cause arguments about decisions when it comes to the major faction. There should be two leaders who get on with each other. There should be an American and European leader, as that way both kinds of players can enjoy their faction. Like I've stated long time ago a leader has an aura which attracts other players, because all they want is to get up higher. Reach the highest rank they can. Other than that, there should be one leader and one co-leader who should work closely and make the faction what it's suppose to be. And remain active. I don't like people who gain leader and go fuck all. You gained leader for a reason, now go on and prove you are the right choice. Do your job ,  if you know a person is making your faction worse, talk to him or her, if nothing works, kick.

no comment

Ninth, when it comes to mutants, people should most of the time run like hell and not go, "OH LOOK A MUTANT; KEEL ET AND SEEL ET TO DA ECOZ! OR DA TRADARZ!" You should usually run away from the mutants, as you are not Rambo who takes down a fucking military base with one never ending ammo machine gun. Stop acting like bloodsuckers are fluffy pets who can get killed by one shot. In STALKER games they could kill an FN exo alone, especially in CoP, while taking 2 or more magazines on their chest, or 15 max shots in the head(this is all on normal).

1 spas bullet on master can kill a bloodsucker. CS and ShoC 5 bullets can kill one in CoP

Tenth, what's wrong with all the people avoiding being a stalker? I believe all factions should get a number of players and simply close down the applications and make people be forced to be a stalker. In the stalker games it's hard to get in a faction. It should be here too. And when I say stalker, I mean the cool neutral guy who is willing to help if you are in trouble. Now I'm not saying it's should be really hard, but I hope you catch my drift.
And why do people have a problem with wearing a sunrise and an abakan or AK74M?
They are just as good weapons and armor as any other. I remember Kieck being the only guy with a stalker clan, which was the brother wolves. It had excellent concept and it was simply sad to see him be the only member and hang alone at the underpass. I am simply sorry that I couldn't have helped him out develop it. And he actually had a sunrise and some mid classed weapon like an abakan. And that was simply great.

Because if they dont join a faction they will have fuck all for cash because everyone is greedy as shit

Dug

Quote10.  Believe it or not I've gotten harder on who I accept into Freedom but still most people resort to being a bandit or a mercenary.  Why?  Most likely due to it being where they think the money is.  STALKER's should work in groups and pool their money together.

And that my friend is the idea me and Jackal have. See our two stalkers do that. They help each other out. Put their money together buy something, keep saving, buy something.

Edit:
QuoteSecond , I've seen a bloody ninja in srp. Now that is so uncanon it can't be described. Of all things, a ninja. I won't name anyone, but it's simply unbelievable and I think many of other players agree with me. No , I don't care about explanations, gtfo , ninjas are not present in the zone.

Lol thats probably randoms who just jointed to fuck around dont write a paragraph about it

It's quiet an old member.

QuoteBecause if they dont join a faction they will have fuck all for cash because everyone is greedy as shit

Then they are failing to roleplay as a human being.

no get out the stuff i got legit i worked hard for.

There are thing I worked hard for too , most of us have. Some of us are willing to let them go just to see if the rp will be better. Like Jackal said.
Quote from: The Jackal on 04-05-2010
The only people that will rage, are people that are nothing without their "Items".

I support this to the full.

if you want passive roleplay start it stop writing on the forums about it.

I do it all the time on srp.

KingArthur

What about more traders make jobs, instead of lessening them

And to solve this RP problem i guess admins need to step up enforcing it, AND make events ect.

Dug

Quote from: KingArthur on 04-05-2010
What about more traders make jobs, instead of lessening them

I remember when there was a time one trader would be present on the server but he would give out missions all of the time, the bar would be full always and everyone knew him. Everyone would come there. It was like a hive of passive roleplay.

Zstan

QuoteNinth, when it comes to mutants, people should most of the time run like hell and not go, "OH LOOK A MUTANT; KEEL ET AND SEEL ET TO DA ECOZ! OR DA TRADARZ!" You should usually run away from the mutants, as you are not Rambo who takes down a fucking military base with one never ending ammo machine gun. Stop acting like bloodsuckers are fluffy pets who can get killed by one shot. In STALKER games they could kill an FN exo alone, especially in CoP, while taking 2 or more magazines on their chest, or 15 max shots in the head(this is all on normal).

This is so true. EVERYTIME I'm on my bloodsucker I get hunted by a single person with a makarov. (Like you said) It should be "OH SHIT IT'S A FUCKING BLOODSUCKER RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LI-" Then he dies.

KingArthur

Quote from: Zstan on 04-05-2010
This is so true. EVERYTIME I'm on my bloodsucker I get hunted by a single person with a makarov. (Like you said) It should be "OH SHIT IT'S A FUCKING BLOODSUCKER RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LI-" Then he dies.

But he has a makarov, and his family was killed by bandits.

Paintcheck

He is right, people would take the high-valuable PK which lets them transfer the exo and FN. So not really Paint, PK isn't a good idea.
And Pawx, raging about losing an exo isn't like when you lose a sunrise and hard-earned money, which I sadly can't create like you. It is bigger pain when losing an exo, but knowing you'll get one in a month, rather than losing a Sunrise, knowing you'll get it in a few. Or a year.

PKs don't result in gear transfer. All gear is forfeit to an admin character.

Dug

Quote from: Paintcheck on 04-05-2010

PKs don't result in gear transfer. All gear is forfeit to an admin character.

Not much we can do when they got the high classed gear, or more people with them as guards.

EDIT: Other than that we need an IC reason for PK.