SRP Serious Discussion

Started by Dug, 04-05-2010

Zombiedance

^ totally what i mean! I remember when a fight broke out at a bar and people got mad when they joined in and got shot then they would break the nlr and go and try to get there stuff then they got mad when they got killed. It was fun until those people ruined it. Then after the fight they just wouldn't stop complaining.

Assassinator

First off, there appear to be only a certain kind of member that earns money quickly and continue to be a STALKER. In my days of being a STALKER I never could have imagined getting THAT much money THAT fast. Because this is a mutliplayer RPG everyone wants the endgame. If you play long enough, you get endgame. The only solution to avoid a large amount of players with exoskeleton's and FN2000's is that in the applications, you must have been with HGN and your character for "x" amount of time, such as three months, etc.

I prefer to roleplay rather then go do a trader mission. Most people do not. To them the server is their personal Call of Pripyat for them to go level and get items. The fact where people are complainingg of too many bandits or mercenaries, or faction members is because of the people who only care for items and gear. If you enjoy roleplaying, a STALKER is the best possible character you can have. Educating the server to learn that being a STALKER is GOOD if you roleplay CORRECTLY should be the focus now.

ICly, the idea is impressed that STALKER's are scum, losers, meat for killing, which is true, in an IC perspective. But then in OOC we should be encouraging STALKER's, recommending grouping, all the things everyone is saying on the forums, but fail to do in the server.

In the end, most of the item issues are because of people who prefer to get items, instead of roleplaying. Which is obviously incorrect. For those who may disagree, you can look at the server title and it will say, "STALKER Roleplay".

Steel

Quote from: Assassinator on 07-05-2010
First off, there appear to be only a certain kind of member that earns money quickly and continue to be a STALKER. In my days of being a STALKER I never could have imagined getting THAT much money THAT fast. Because this is a mutliplayer RPG everyone wants the endgame. If you play long enough, you get endgame. The only solution to avoid a large amount of players with exoskeleton's and FN2000's is that in the applications, you must have been with HGN and your character for "x" amount of time, such as three months, etc.

I prefer to roleplay rather then go do a trader mission. Most people do not. To them the server is their personal Call of Pripyat for them to go level and get items. The fact where people are complainingg of too many bandits or mercenaries, or faction members is because of the people who only care for items and gear. If you enjoy roleplaying, a STALKER is the best possible character you can have. Educating the server to learn that being a STALKER is GOOD if you roleplay CORRECTLY should be the focus now.

ICly, the idea is impressed that STALKER's are scum, losers, meat for killing, which is true, in an IC perspective. But then in OOC we should be encouraging STALKER's, recommending grouping, all the things everyone is saying on the forums, but fail to do in the server.

In the end, most of the item issues are because of people who prefer to get items, instead of roleplaying. Which is obviously incorrect. For those who may disagree, you can look at the server title and it will say, "STALKER Roleplay".

Superb Assassinator, i agree 100 percent with that.

Look at my loner?
I have a Sunrise and an AK74u.
Why?
I can afford other things, but i like being authentic.
And my loners been around alot longer than most of the ones on the servers with FN's and exos.

Zombiedance

I remember after the first time that i got robbed i would construct groups and we would go camp to camp when it rained or was dark and your visibility was poor we would stay at a building. Im glad people rob and kill it makes you have to do more than run around going weeeeeh instead you have to group up and stuff.

Bagelz

Here's a thought. Go RP a real stalker. I told this shit to fuck off and went to RP a real trader :). SELL SHIT ON EBAY YO YAY TRADER LEWL