SRP questionare

Started by Gokiller, 25-06-2013

Gokiller

Well, Fire away people.

Knife_cz

It was discussed many times, HGN doesn't do any adverts anywhere, people don't really have any way to see this server, unless they encounter it in game ( And seeing it 0/45 doesn't help anyhow)

Tom

Advertising never helps. People just flame us away because.

HGN
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Knife_cz

Quote from: Tom on 25-06-2013Advertising never helps. People just flame us away because. HGN
How did we even managed to get such a horrible reputation?

nKe

Quote from: knife_cz on 25-06-2013How did we even managed to get such a horrible reputation?
Because e-drama and lack of leadership.

Gonztah

Developing the script instead of STURR WURRSSS RP

Silver Knight

Vote was biased as it did not include admins being inactive as the cause of srp's issues.

Proof: Rarr and reorp got on and other players got on yesterday.

Admins get off, players get off. See the correlation of that trend? Blaming the lack of "updates" to the script as a reason why you won't do your job is sheer lazyness. I am willing to work on the script if the admins stop moaning about "developing" the script as  a excuse number one priority issue of srp and get active.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Gonztah

Quote from: SilverKnight on 25-06-2013
Vote was biased as it did not include admins being inactive as the cause of srp's issues.

Proof: Rarr and reorp got on and other players got on yesterday.

Admins get off, players get off. See the correlation of that trend? Blaming the lack of "updates" to the script as a reason why you won't do your job is sheer lazyness. I am willing to work on the script if the admins stop moaning about "developing" the script as  a excuse number one priority issue of srp and get active.
When was the last time SRP got an update?

Bates

How about you follow some simple steps.

1) Develop the script further, no-ones gonna play with shit apart from Ethiopians. You want more players? Fix what you broke!

2) Advertise it more, how do you expect people to come and find out about your shit if you don't smear it across a couple of windows first?

3) Make it more accessible and less complicated. I'd have more ease of pick-up-and-play if I bricked a window, climbed through and fiddled with an infant whilst it slept.

4) Don't edit the polls because 'Oh, my public doesn't like it; I'll twist history'. Hitler did that, and you know what? He was a bad man. Fucking sort out your shit or go build a fucking Autobahn, Exile.

- My work here is done

Bates

nKe

Quote from: SilverKnight on 25-06-2013Vote was biased as it did not include admins being inactive as the cause of srp's issues. Proof: Rarr and reorp got on and other players got on yesterday. Admins get off, players get off. See the correlation of that trend? Blaming the lack of "updates" to the script as a reason why you won't do your job is sheer lazyness. I am willing to work on the script if the admins stop moaning about "developing" the script as a excuse number one priority issue of srp and get active.

I blame the not-so-appealing look of SRP.
Look at the top RP mods and shit, they have good looking menus, good maps, etc.

Look at SRP:
-Annoying SVN shit
-Welcome message from 2004
-The "raditation script" logo looks like it was put together from pieces of newspaper.
-current map's fucking shit, first thing you see after spawnarea is two fucking hills and a road.
-New people are treated like shit. I remember seeing non-geared peeps get kicked out from event because of circlejerk and gear huheuheu
-"Dont know anything about STALKER lore? Fuck you" - Server
-These forums
-No storyline

Hell, I currently enjoy Gmod cinema more than SRP, because it actually looks good.

Knife_cz

Quote from: SilverKnight on 25-06-2013Vote was biased as it did not include admins being inactive as the cause of srp's issues. Proof: Rarr and reorp got on and other players got on yesterday. Admins get off, players get off. See the correlation of that trend? Blaming the lack of "updates" to the script as a reason why you won't do your job is sheer lazyness. I am willing to work on the script if the admins stop moaning about "developing" the script as a excuse number one priority issue of srp and get active.
Look at the maps and promised Star Wars roleplay, its raining from the sky!

Silver Knight

Quote from: Bates on 25-06-2013How about you follow some simple steps. 1) Develop the script further, no-ones gonna play with shit apart from Ethiopians. You want more players? Fix what you broke! 2) Advertise it more, how do you expect people to come and find out about your shit if you don't smear it across a couple of windows first? 3) Make it more accessible and less complicated. I'd have more ease of pick-up-and-play if I bricked a window, climbed through and fiddled with an infant whilst it slept. 4) Don't edit the polls because 'Oh, my public doesn't like it; I'll twist history'. Hitler did that, and you know what? He was a bad man. Fucking sort out your shit or go build a fucking Autobahn, Exile. - My work here is done Bates

What makes you think the development i did on the script as a simple step? That's hours of blood, sweat and tears.

1. The scripts in a playable state and like previous scripts it can always have more work done. But right now i am considering if i should waste my time developing when srp might be on it's way to "flop" out like Crussaria ergo- wasting time on developing something no one wants anymore.

2. If you think advertising is and easy feat, why not advertise on our behalf.

3. Agreed but you do not backup your statement with suggestions.

4. The poll was biased in that it did not list admins as a root\core problem, which indeed, it very much is. Comparing me to Hitler is rather far-fetched and rude, you won't ear brownie points for that Terry Spicer.

Gonztah

Quote from: Bates on 25-06-2013How about you follow some simple steps. 1) Develop the script further, no-ones gonna play with shit apart from Ethiopians. You want more players? Fix what you broke! 2) Advertise it more, how do you expect people to come and find out about your shit if you don't smear it across a couple of windows first? 3) Make it more accessible and less complicated. I'd have more ease of pick-up-and-play if I bricked a window, climbed through and fiddled with an infant whilst it slept. 4) Don't edit the polls because 'Oh, my public doesn't like it; I'll twist history'. Hitler did that, and you know what? He was a bad man. Fucking sort out your shit or go build a fucking Autobahn, Exile. - My work here is done Bates

What makes you think the development i did on the script as a simple step? That's hours of blood, sweat and tears.

1. The scripts in a playable state and like previous scripts it can always have more work done. But right now i am considering if i should waste my time developing when srp might be on it's way to "flop" out like Crussaria ergo- wasting time on developing something no one wants anymore.

2. If you think advertising is and easy feat, why not advertise on our behalf.

3. Agreed but you do not backup your statement with suggestions.

4. The poll was biased in that it did not list admins as a root\core problem, which indeed, it very much is. Comparing me to Hitler is rather far-fetched and rude, you won't ear brownie points for that Terry Spicer.
1. Saying it is in playable state is like saying that atleast this food doesn't kill you. You can do better, others can and are doing better, so why waste time with this shit. It's going to hell because it's just plain bad

2. This is your job, you own this shit and you better run it, or hire someone else to do it. Telling people to do your job for free wont work, it'll make you look like an ass.

3. Make it more like the old script

4. It isn't the admins fault when our script is horrible compared to any other RP, we're at the same level as fucking darkRP scriptwise. (Except shit in there works usually. In here we have broken food and drink system, energy drinks don't restore energy, ammo doesn't save, the inventory is an unintuitive PoS, playerlist looks bad and isn't categorized like it used to be with faction members and loners separated etc. there's just so much of this stuff, instead of fixing THESE you made shit like DONATOR WEAPOOOONSSSS)

nKe

Quote from: Gonztah on 25-06-2013
1. Saying it is in playable state is like saying that atleast this food doesn't kill you. You can do better, others can and are doing better, so why waste time with this shit. It's going to hell because it's just plain bad
2. This is your job, you own this shit and you better run it, or hire someone else to do it. Telling people to do your job for free wont work, it'll make you look like an ass.
3. Make it more like the old script
4. It isn't the admins fault when our script is horrible compared to any other RP, we're at the same level as fucking darkRP scriptwise. (Except shit in there works usually. In here we have broken food and drink system, energy drinks don't restore energy, ammo doesn't save, the inventory is an unintuitive PoS, playerlist looks bad and isn't categorized like it used to be with faction members and loners separated etc. there's just so much of this stuff, instead of fixing THESE you made shit like DONATOR WEAPOOOONSSSS)

Sadly this is the truth. If everything we've got in the server right now was fixed, I would be more than happy to play. We don't need new features or weapons. We already have almost everything we need (Faction flags would be nice), but these features are either buggy, or just look hideous.

I dont want this thread to turn into "Bash Silverknight" thread, but the fact is that you deserve this. You abandoned the players, and started relying on admins.

Knife_cz

What makes you think the development i did on the script as a simple step? That's hours of blood, sweat and tears. 1. The scripts in a playable state and like previous scripts it can always have more work done. But right now i am considering if i should waste my time developing when srp might be on it's way to "flop" out like Crussaria ergo- wasting time on developing something no one wants anymore. 2. If you think advertising is and easy feat, why not advertise on our behalf. 3. Agreed but you do not backup your statement with suggestions. 4. The poll was biased in that it did not list admins as a root\core problem, which indeed, it very much is. Comparing me to Hitler is rather far-fetched and rude, you won't ear brownie points for that Terry Spicer.
good idea, shut down everything and focus only on minecraft/terraria, because that appears to be the only alive thing here

You aren't even trying to make yourself look that you /care/ about srp, do you?

Silver Knight

Quote from: Nik3 on 25-06-2013
Quote from: Gonztah on 25-06-20131. Saying it is in playable state is like saying that atleast this food doesn't kill you. You can do better, others can and are doing better, so why waste time with this shit. It's going to hell because it's just plain bad 2. This is your job, you own this shit and you better run it, or hire someone else to do it. Telling people to do your job for free wont work, it'll make you look like an ass. 3. Make it more like the old script 4. It isn't the admins fault when our script is horrible compared to any other RP, we're at the same level as fucking darkRP scriptwise. (Except shit in there works usually. In here we have broken food and drink system, energy drinks don't restore energy, ammo doesn't save, the inventory is an unintuitive PoS, playerlist looks bad and isn't categorized like it used to be with faction members and loners separated etc. there's just so much of this stuff, instead of fixing THESE you made shit like DONATOR WEAPOOOONSSSS)
Sadly this is the truth. If everything we've got in the server right now was fixed, I would be more than happy to play. We don't need new features or weapons. We already have almost everything we need (Faction flags would be nice), but these features are either buggy, or just look hideous. I dont want this thread to turn into "Bash Silverknight" thread, but the fact is that you deserve this. You abandoned the players, and started relying on admins.

It's not my job to admin, never has and never will be. The script is not at a darkrp level, theres many serious rp features that we did not have in radiationscript 1 - 3. Your comparing this script i managed to develop in 3-4 months to nexus aka kuromeku shit which he has developed over 3 years (kuroscript, nexus, openaura, blueprint, clockwork etc). Not sure if i should be offended or happy with the comparrison.

Tom

At this rate nothing will happen and SRP will STAY at 0/45
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Gonztah

Quote from: Nik3 on 25-06-2013
Quote from: Gonztah on 25-06-20131. Saying it is in playable state is like saying that atleast this food doesn't kill you. You can do better, others can and are doing better, so why waste time with this shit. It's going to hell because it's just plain bad 2. This is your job, you own this shit and you better run it, or hire someone else to do it. Telling people to do your job for free wont work, it'll make you look like an ass. 3. Make it more like the old script 4. It isn't the admins fault when our script is horrible compared to any other RP, we're at the same level as fucking darkRP scriptwise. (Except shit in there works usually. In here we have broken food and drink system, energy drinks don't restore energy, ammo doesn't save, the inventory is an unintuitive PoS, playerlist looks bad and isn't categorized like it used to be with faction members and loners separated etc. there's just so much of this stuff, instead of fixing THESE you made shit like DONATOR WEAPOOOONSSSS)
Sadly this is the truth. If everything we've got in the server right now was fixed, I would be more than happy to play. We don't need new features or weapons. We already have almost everything we need (Faction flags would be nice), but these features are either buggy, or just look hideous. I dont want this thread to turn into "Bash Silverknight" thread, but the fact is that you deserve this. You abandoned the players, and started relying on admins.

It's not my job to admin, never has and never will be. The script is not at a darkrp level, theres many serious rp features that we did not have in radiationscript 1 - 3. Your comparing this script i managed to develop in 3-4 months to nexus aka kuromeku shit which he has developed over 3 years (kuroscript, nexus, openaura, blueprint, clockwork etc). Not sure if i should be offended or happy with the comparrison.
Never said it was your job to admin, you have people to do that, I said that you shouldn't tell people who have legit complaints to do it themselves, you're the one running this community basically. And like I said this script IS darkRP level, there may be serious RP features we didn't have before but it's a shame they're buggy or hideous like Nke said, even the basic stuff. And it baffles me why they remained like that while you were off creating donator weapons or starting a new project. You need to focus on improving SRPs script, don't bother with blaming/supervising the admins or monitoring the forums, there are people doing this already. Just fix the script up and keep working on it.

Gokiller

Quote from: Tom on 25-06-2013At this rate nothing will happen and SRP will STAY at 0/45

^^ Nothing more to it.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Rarr on 26-06-2013
Quote from: Tom on 25-06-2013At this rate nothing will happen and SRP will STAY at 0/45

^^ Nothing more to it.

you're really helpin' spin the ol' cogs, aren't you
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Silver Knight

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 26-06-2013
^^ Nothing more to it.

Several people talked to sharrock and now think i should develop script without server being active due to no admins getting on to get it active. Just like Crussaria!

Also i like how someone removed the poll from the thread because "Admins getting active" was winning.

Gonztah

Quote from: SilverKnight on 26-06-2013
^^ Nothing more to it.

Several people talked to sharrock and now think i should develop script without server being active due to no admins getting on to get it active. Just like Crussaria!

Also i like how someone removed the poll from the thread because "Admins getting active" was winning.
It shows that you modified it last......

Also for fucks sake Silver there are admins on the server, like most of the people ON THE SERVER ARE ADMINS. It's just that we don't have any regular players for the admins to help and SRP with 5 players isn't really that fun. Just keep working on the script so maybe people would join once it's not shite.

Tom

When i removed the poll it was pretty much tied. i removed it cause polls are fuckin gay no matter what it is about
Oh boy.

Maxi96203

Quote from: SilverKnight on 26-06-2013
^^ Nothing more to it.

appoint active members as admins
demote inactive admins
???
great success or humiliating failure
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Gokiller

When you say "Admins Get Active", How active do you want admins, I sat on Srp for about two hours yesterday. The first hour, No one joined. I then Spoke to a few people, A few got on, and rp'd for around.. 30 Minutes before leaving. The funny thing was, It was Me, Darkscar, and Darkfox who are admins. That meant 3/6 People who were playing Admins, I mean you can't expect an Admin such as darkscar to sit on the server for 4-5 hours on his own, He did that at one point and still no one joined and I do believe some people have better things to do than sit on a server waiting for people to join because it is clear that no one wants to join for their own reasons.