SRP COMMANDS LIST - New Players please read

Started by Paintcheck, 04-05-2010

Paintcheck

Yeah we really should have a list of these, it's been like a year and no one has done this sooooo...

Important commands to know:

rp_toggleholster - bind a key to this, allows you to raise/lower your weapon
/dropweapon in chat - Self explanatory
Tab + right click - On players, allows you to give them money or tie them up if you have the rope item. On items on the ground allows you to pick them up in your inventory or use. Using a gun (either from your inventory or from the ground) puts it in your Scroll bar, you then select it like you would a gun in HL2 or CS:S
/sit - Puts you in the sit animation. /sit again to stand up
cs_leanleft - In console, makes your character lean against a wall. Type again to de-lean./me- Used for narrating actions, any RP server you've ever played on has this (needs to be in code because this forum allows for /me emotes)
/it - Same as /me but without a subject so you can describe te environment
/pm playername - Allows you to send a private message to a player with a PDA (all new players should have one of those in their inventory)
/ooc - Sends a global out of character message (Most RP servers have this)
.// - Sens a local ooc visible to people near you
/w - Whisper
/y - Yell
rp_listvoices (in console)- Lists any available voices you can emit from your character.(The sounds you are allowed to use depends on the flag.)
rp_voice (Name) - Plays the selected sound/voice. (Use rp_listvoices to find what you can use) (in console again)
/sitchair - Puts you in a sitting animation that you would usually use for chairs.

Bucky

Finnaly now noobs wont be like "HOW DOES GIVE TEH MONEHS!?"

Royz

rp_listvoices- Lists any available voices you can emit from your character.(The sounds you are allowed to use depends on the flag.)
rp_voice (Name) - Plays the selected sound/voice. (Use rp_listvoices to find what you can use)
/sitchair - Puts you in a sitting animation that you would usually use for chairs.

I think theres more.

Paintcheck

Ravanger

Cool pantcheck, but we do need to get something like this in server just a bit more in help tab or someshit.

Paintcheck

Yeah well I can edit the forums, I can't edit the help tab in game. But it would be good to have there (HINT HINT).

Khorn

I always wondered when they where gonna make the help tab more helpful.

Chaos

You know how many times I've suggested this in the past? Actually a lot of people did, now we just need this on the server.

Yorty

And its /dropgun, not not /dropweapon.

Smoof

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

Quote from: Smoof on 25-06-2010
Can anyone do voice commands?
Anyone can do voice commands unless you have a specific flag that doesn't allow regular voices.

Ravanger

Also guys dont spam the voice commands. It is annoying and will get you kicked.

Werrek

Paschen8r

ZtecDudeZ

How do i bind the command rp_toggleholster. wont work. and does it make your weapon go into inventory?

Silver Knight

bind "h" "rp_toggleholster"

Although it's not functioning correctly as of late.

You type /dropweapon with your weapon out to drop it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

ZtecDudeZ

Because i dont want any minge to steal my weapon when i put in in inventory. but thanks anyway ;)

ZtecDudeZ

I've come up with something on the server, which I think is weird. People with sunrise suit or other clothing that are popular in the zone. they see each other and say hello (name of character) how are you today? has no physical description, etc. as maskOf or respiratorOF. How do they recognise each other?

Comradebritish

Eh, they know eachother IC? In a real life situation not everyones suit would look the same or be in the same condition, when you meet someone you look at their features face, hair, body etc etc which you can use to recognise them. If you wanted to remember a stalker who rarley removes their mask or suit, use what you have. Should this discussion be taking place on this thread anyways?
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

ZtecDudeZ

I was referring to when you have things that obscure the face. But you are right. Thanks it was very useful. Im not sure if its the right thread :S

rasse_boy

This was pretty usefull caus I didnt know how to sit or lean against wall xD
Cookie monster says hello :D

Silver Knight

Actually.. alot of these commands are for the old script... We should probably write up a new list.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Nerosis

Thanks for this, It helped me when i was learning a while back.