4 (13.8%)
Chernobyl
6 (20.7%)
Some other (comment)
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

INA7HAN

Quote from: Lucky Piig on 27-10-2012
-Neither faction had 18 men to begin with.
-The highest rank is of little relevance to this.
-Moving bases is not as good an idea as it sounds. We tried it.
-Leaders have decisions to make and at least when Ace was the leader, he simply lacked time to deal with it all.
-Ace or CC to my knowledge "cared" for the men they commanded already, as I stated above there were not even 18 but somewhere around 12 on both factions.

On my view, we need first to define leaders for both factions and then let the leaders and administration deal with faction policies.
I never said factions had 18 people it was an example.
Highest rank is relevant a General isn't so bothered about Sgt. Petenkov while the Lt that was commanding him is.
Ok fine about the bases
Ok
That's good, then we just need more emotional leaders

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Lucky Pig

Quote from: INA7HAN on 27-10-2012
I never said factions had 18 people it was an example.
Highest rank is relevant a General isn't so bothered about Sgt. Petenkov while the Lt that was commanding him is.
Ok fine about the bases
Ok
That's good, then we just need more emotional leaders

Yes well on that extent it is, but I expected you would keep it in the borders of sanity. A Major cares about his men, since a Major leads at best a company. Duty had a Major.
And Freedom, well, Freedoms ranks are not really sane anyways.

lolKieck

Even giving Duty better starting gear and people won't solve the issue. Everyone will still hate it even when Duty will try to be nice to them, because they were given extra things at the start while the rest of the people didn't get anything. Then it'll come up to the point of someone having a brilliant idea to bomb the base which will make Dutiers paranoid as fuck, making them search everyone which will make them hated and get bombed again. Then the vicious cycle continues. And even the rule where you have to get auths won't help, because some admins will hate Duty for an unknown reason and the players will ask them, not others.

If you think I am not correct, then I'll give you an example. In early 2011 (or late 2010, can't remember), Duty attempted to be at least neutral with stalkers and made their goal to make Zone safe by getting rid of mutants, Military (not kidding) and Bandits. There was one fight between Duty and Bandits and Stalkers rushed to aid Bandits. So if you think that even when Duty will try to do their job, they will still be hated, which will result in no patrols and just checkpoint guarding.

On another note, maps.
Chernobyl - empty flatland with emissions which ruin roleplay
Redemption - bad, the new version is even worse
Sector 42 - playable, more or less, Monolith has a cool event ground and base
Garbage - why not
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

nKe

^What Kieck said. That Duty vs Bandit thing was absolutely retarded.
Speaking of retarded shit happening all the time, could we please make sure that people actually discuss things like blowing up Dutybase etc?
It might be fun to "lol I'm admin and I also lead this faction so I auth dis bomb and win the game", but think about the other side when you fuck them over. I bet Duty had some quality RP when their base starts to blow up randomly.

Dropping more cool stuff here because they're cool
"lol ur group set up a trader outpost in that town and actually RP there? We blew it up (c) Military" - Rebel to Usual Suspects
"50 cal PK SVD sniper rifle" - Yeah him.
"Duty base blew up coz I had bomb in my pocket"
"I got a wrist mounted shotgun" - Plunger

INA7HAN

Quote from: Nik3 on 27-10-2012
"lol ur group set up a trader outpost in that town and actually RP there? We blew it up (c) Military" - Rebel to Usual Suspects
Which time was this? The one with the helicopter or when the APC fucked over our base on Occult because most people roleplayed there?

Gonztah

Which time was this? The one with the helicopter or when the APC fucked over our base on Occult because most people roleplayed there?

I think he's referring to the helicopter incident(s).

Frostee

Isn't Garry's Mod RP getting, ya know, boring?

Gonztah

Quote from: Frostee on 27-10-2012

Well, not for me and apparently not for that many others.

nKe

Time when APC randomly came and fucked over the only place where ppl RP'd.

Gonztah

Time when APC randomly came and fucked over the only place where ppl RP'd.

And that was actually fun.

Otto

Quote from: Frostee on 27-10-2012

obviously not if people still want to play it??

Khorn

Why not make shit like explosives need both factions approval. Anyone wanting to bomb a base will need the owner's authorization and admin authorization.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Khorn on 27-10-2012
Why not make shit like explosives need both factions approval. Anyone wanting to bomb a base will need the owner's authorization and admin authorization.
Oh yeah because that's going to work.
Freedom: Duty can we bomb your base?
Duty: Yeah sure go ahead could be fun getting blown up right?

Khorn

Or you can keep it like it is and;

Admin talking to Freedom: Here is a bomb I just authed, use it on Duty.
Freedom: Hey Duty, we blew up your base just now with our bomb.
Duty: lol i ded.

INA7HAN

Or you can keep it like it is and;

Admin talking to Freedom: Here is a bomb I just authed, use it on Duty.
Freedom: Hey Duty, we blew up your base just now with our bomb.
Duty: lol i ded.
Or you could get rid of all this bomb shit? No STALKER games had anything to do with bomb attacks on factions and this isn't Al Queda roleplay, if a faction wants to put some hurt on other faction just bloody attack them with guns and shit.

nKe

You forgot one thing: It's not about winning the game. It's about creating an RP experience.
Which one would you prefer:
A) Get randomly blown up without having a chance to RP in the event.
B) Be able to RP in event where a part of the base is blown up.

Gonztah

You forgot one thing: It's not about winning the game. It's about creating an RP experience.
The thing is with the bombs that SOMEHOW people manage to sneak them past a duty checkpoint, plant it inside and it's powerful enough to completely obliterate concrete walls.

Corocan

I actually like the idea of how faction members automatically spawn with weapons. Similar to Zombies? Just really inaccurate guns with lots of ammo.

Khorn

Quote from: Gonztah on 27-10-2012
The thing is with the bombs that SOMEHOW people manage to sneak them past a duty checkpoint, plant it inside and it's powerful enough to completely obliterate concrete walls.

Welcome to the SRP stalker. Even if you do a full body search, people are somehow made of bombs.

Tānkman

I miss the days when I was the only ecologist with a lr-300... then got no reason PK'd by Goose for "leaving freedom, there is no escape". That or the times when people would sit in a corner using PAC to make a ghillie suit.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Tānkman on 27-10-2012
I miss the days when I was the only ecologist with a lr-300... then got no reason PK'd by Goose for "leaving freedom, there is no escape". That or the times when people would sit in a corner using PAC to make a ghillie suit.
According to my knowledge Ecologist were supposed to have light weapons ea. Pistols, MP5s. Not some better weapons.
Not sure what times do you mean.

jaik

get out of here stalker
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

I miss the days when SRP was still fun. Boy, no oldfag elitism on Jake's and my watch.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

INA7HAN

Quote from: knife_cz on 27-10-2012
According to my knowledge Ecologist were supposed to have light weapons ea. Pistols, MP5s. Not some better weapons.
Not sure what times do you mean.
Ecologists used L85A1's etc in Shadow Of Chernobyl, never has a Ecologist been seen using an MP5 in any of the three games.

SGT-Spartans

Whats with this Freedom bombing duty base?

I blew up like 3 walls in a building because one of your members failed to process me into your " prison ".

Also, duty tried killing all of freedom at once when they walked 2 stalkers with like 2023909 pounds of C4 on them into the S24 base. They also assaulted our base with RPGs...The list can go on.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive