6 (20.7%)
Some other (comment)
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Gonztah

Quote from: knife_cz on 26-10-2012
Quote from: D33tly on 26-10-2012
Rp_downtown_v4 mangs. YOLO.

But i vote for chernobyl. I like the size, bases, aswell as it was the map i first played SRP on.
Chernobyl is good and balanced.
But with 0 stats, you can't even run for shit - are you crazy mang
The amount of people dead from the emissions.... dear oh dear.

Khorn

Have you guys ever thought about removing the whole economy in some way?

In an RP game based on a single player game, the economy is always fucked up.

Have people set to basic items dependant on their flag and faction. And to get better shit, get an admin to approve it.

If you get rid of the economy, you get rid of the butt hurt players and pansy players to frightened to leave a base and fight.

Should focus on living in the zone and the RP. Not the gear and money.

Gonztah

Quote from: Khorn on 26-10-2012

Have people set to basic items dependant on their flag and faction. And to get better shit, get an admin to approve it.

If you get rid of the economy, you get rid of the butt hurt players and pansy players to frightened to leave a base and fight.

That would be a pain in the ass for admins to manage I bet.

EDIT: Also living in the Zone is pretty much about the money, not many go there on a vacation.

Lucky Pig

Quote from: Gonztah on 26-10-2012

That and the thing is it hits the eternal wall of tiers. By that I mean you have to struggle like hell at the beginning to do anything, but when you advance, it gets boring.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Lucky Piig on 26-10-2012
Quote from: Gonztah on 26-10-2012

That and the thing is it hits the eternal wall of tiers. By that I mean you have to struggle like hell at the beginning to do anything, but when you advance, it gets boring.

Shouldn't eliminate the economy, its an OK part of role play, even if some don't role play such a thing. Perhaps make the rates a little bit higher, or active traders.

Trader pls.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Gonztah

To get active traders we need new players, to get new players we need to do some black magic.

Otto

garbage, defintely.  the others feel too bland to me.

Corocan

We should start small, so I recommend Garbage.

Have people set to basic items dependent on their flag and faction. And to get better shit, get an admin to approve it.

This isn't Communist HGN, it's Capitalist-Democratic-Big-Gun-Waving-Dick Length-Competition HGN.

Khorn

Quote from: Corocan on 26-10-2012

Have people set to basic items dependent on their flag and faction. And to get better shit, get an admin to approve it.

This isn't Communist HGN, it's Capitalist-Democratic-Big-Gun-Waving-Dick Length-Competition HGN.

And look where it leads too. The economy in all our RP servers kill the server itself. Just drop it and move on. Enough with the Wall Street RP.

Steven :D

Quote from: Corocan on 26-10-2012

And look where it leads too. The economy in all our RP servers kill the server itself. Just drop it and move on. Enough with the Wall Street RP.
You mean bernie madoff rp, with ponzi scheme dlc in 5 different flavors; experienced, veteran, master, professional or elite. take your pick.
/jk

On a more serious note, its obvious SOMETHING is going wrong if EVERY economy in ALL of our servers has been fucked.

Khorn

I 'd only wish for people so they could think outside their damn boxes and attempt something new. Instead of crawling back to the same damn dead horse and beating it with their damn sticks.

Damnit.

Tom

From what I heard about Cakescript Back-in-the-day before I joined, people where more daring and willing to do things cause it was easy to get your gear back. Faction action happened cause factioneers just spawned with shit always, no risk for gear loss. I agree with Khorn, if the Economy played less of a role we'd probably get a more fun/richer RP experience.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

KingArthur

Quote from: Tom on 26-10-2012
From what I heard about Cakescript Back-in-the-day before I joined, people where more daring and willing to do things cause it was easy to get your gear back. Faction action happened cause factioneers just spawned with shit always, no risk for gear loss. I agree with Khorn, if the Economy played less of a role we'd probably get a more fun/richer RP experience.
Spawned with guns that didn't drop on death, right? I think I remember that. Cruddy AK-74us the military spawned with. Made for some good battles because people focused on fighting and not 'omg ima loose mah stuffs'

nKe

Quote from: KingArthur on 26-10-2012
Spawned with guns that didn't drop on death, right? I think I remember that. Cruddy AK-74us the military spawned with. Made for some good battles because people focused on fighting and not 'omg ima loose mah stuffs'

We should test this. On death you get to keep your gun (and armor, or course).
+ My "tier" thing for factions. And I dont really think that everyone would side with Freedom...

Gonztah

Quote from: Nik3 on 27-10-2012

+ My "tier" thing for factions. And I dont really think that everyone would side with Freedom...
I second this idea (But I still think people will side with Freedom)

INA7HAN

Quote from: Gonztah on 27-10-2012
Quote from: Nik3 on 27-10-2012

I second this idea (But I still think people will side with Freedom)
Same keep gear on death

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Lent23

People will like whichever faction to whom they align themselves and their ideals with more, and the faction who is most active. It's not Freedom's fault that Duty has had a string of bad leaders and terrible activity. Even as a Freedom fanboy, I believe Duty should be set up first after SRP gets going, because Duty is, in my opinion, a much more significant faction with a real set of goals. Freedom does not have one set goal, their goal is different in all three games, giving them "freedom" to do whatever they please. Duty always has the same ideals of killing the zone, mutants, bandits. Duty is significantly easier to set up anyways.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

INA7HAN

Quote from: Lent23 on 27-10-2012
People will like whichever faction to whom they align themselves and their ideals with more, and the faction who is most active. It's not Freedom's fault that Duty has had a string of bad leaders and terrible activity. Even as a Freedom fanboy, I believe Duty should be set up first after SRP gets going, because Duty is, in my opinion, a much more significant faction with a real set of goals. Freedom does not have one set goal, their goal is different in all three games, giving them "freedom" to do whatever they please. Duty always has the same ideals of killing the zone, mutants, bandits. Duty is significantly easier to set up anyways.
Duty is also made up of ex military and paramilitary forces giving them more resources to start with allowing them to set up a decent force and base quite quickly.

"The founding members of Duty, as well as many of its subsequent members, were originally Ukrainian Military troops and Special Forces units sent into the Zone and left to die there after being nearly killed by the Zone's mutants and anomalies. Other members are ordinary stalkers who have seen enough of the Zone's horrors, and have decided to do something about it."

Gonztah

With the amount of players we're going to have, having any faction activity is going to be tough. So far I'd say we're going to have about 12-15 players at the start. (players that I know of, also can't guarantee how active they are)

Lent23

With the amount of players we're going to have, having any faction activity is going to be tough. So far I'd say we're going to have about 12-15 players at the start. (players that I know of, also can't guarantee how active they are)
Stalkers First, maybe Duty at the beginning (To provide a safe haven and a center for Roleplay) with a big base.
Freedom should come later, or if they're going to start with the rest of them, have them in a smaller base where nobody really needs to go, excluded from Stalkers, but still in a place where they can get resources they need
On The Garbage: Stalkers have the Stalker Village, Duty have multiple compounds or the Stalker village to choose from, and Freedom can have the little wooded area. In my opinion, Monolith isn't anywhere close enough to having anything, so we can leave them for a long time. Military can have the little military base, I suppose.
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

Gonztah

Stalkers First, maybe Duty at the beginning (To provide a safe haven and a center for Roleplay) with a big base.
Freedom should come later, or if they're going to start with the rest of them, have them in a smaller base where nobody really needs to go, excluded from Stalkers, but still in a place where they can get resources they need
On The Garbage: Stalkers have the Stalker Village, Duty have multiple compounds or the Stalker village to choose from, and Freedom can have the little wooded area. In my opinion, Monolith isn't anywhere close enough to having anything, so we can leave them for a long time. Military can have the little military base, I suppose.
Pretty much yeah.

INA7HAN

Ok I've had this idea for a while now and it keeps sounded better and better to me anyway. Ok we don't have that many players to have huge Duty and Freedom bases etc and all that Major General Captain shit going on, so why doesn't Duty and Freedom in that area only be a few squads? Duty and Freedom doesn't have bloody huge bases in every sector nor do they have 500 people in these bases. Just have these few squads in a small building or use TT to build a small camp with a few sandbags etc this will also get rid of seeing the same base over and over again and add variety.

Make the highest rank something like Lt which would control these few squads and get orders from the main Duty base. Duty and Freedom then can be anywhere on the map, change places all the time and would be able to rp as these smaller squads and not rely on main bases/command to sent them 500 soldiers.

Duty and Freedom as a few squads or something would realise they don't have 500 men and would play differently, every casualty would be devasting and with such small numbers could be one of your best friends. If there aren't many players in a faction then they will all bond together better and roleplay better with each other.

Leaders would IC have more decisions to make for example a mutant lair is found and it will be dangerous do you sent in a squad of six or so or leave it? Remember you only have around 18 men and if you lose them you will be undermanned, but if you leave it the mutants could attack your camp.

This is why factions keep failing in my opinion they all look at the big picture of main bases of Duty 'destroying the zone' the main roleplay comes from the atmosphere and emotion of the men fighting a Lt will try to protect his men like his brother a General will just get numbers of dead people and go "Damn" a Lt will be upset over any loss of his men leaders need to me more emotional towards these aspects not just "Oh someone died it doesn't matter command will send us another".

In conclution factions should focus on a few squads not armies. I hope others agree with me.

Lent23

Quote from: INA7HAN on 27-10-2012
Ok I've had this idea for a while now and it keeps sounded better and better to me anyway. Ok we don't have that many players to have huge Duty and Freedom bases etc and all that Major General Captain shit going on, so why doesn't Duty and Freedom in that area only be a few squads? Duty and Freedom doesn't have bloody huge bases in every sector nor do they have 500 people in these bases. Just have these few squads in a small building or use TT to build a small camp with a few sandbags etc this will also get rid of seeing the same base over and over again and add variety.

Make the highest rank something like Lt which would control these few squads and get orders from the main Duty base. Duty and Freedom then can be anywhere on the map, change places all the time and would be able to rp as these smaller squads and not rely on main bases/command to sent them 500 soldiers.

Duty and Freedom as a few squads or something would realise they don't have 500 men and would play differently, every casualty would be devasting and with such small numbers could be one of your best friends. If there aren't many players in a faction then they will all bond together better and roleplay better with each other.

Leaders would IC have more decisions to make for example a mutant lair is found and it will be dangerous do you sent in a squad of six or so or leave it? Remember you only have around 18 men and if you lose them you will be undermanned, but if you leave it the mutants could attack your camp.

This is why factions keep failing in my opinion they all look at the big picture of main bases of Duty 'destroying the zone' the main roleplay comes from the atmosphere and emotion of the men fighting a Lt will try to protect his men like his brother a General will just get numbers of dead people and go "Damn" a Lt will be upset over any loss of his men leaders need to me more emotional towards these aspects not just "Oh someone died it doesn't matter command will send us another".

In conclution factions should focus on a few squads not armies. I hope others agree with me.
It's not the amount of people and the ranks, it's simply that people do not consider this. Every death in the actual game does hurt the ranks of the factions, as they don't get replacements. There's only a good handful of Freedom in the Army Warehouses (The MAIN BASE of Freedom) in Shadow of Chernobyl. Our 10-15 people squads DO make up the "Main Chapters" in the area, whether you like it or not. People don't consider the death of a member that harmful, because you respawn anyways.

On a side note, Duty shared Rostok with a good Stalker population, and acted as a police force without getting too far into Stalker's lives (As far as we see) and provided a secure environment for Stalkers to stay safe and feel protected. Duty had their area, and Stalkers were free to do as they wished in the rest.

Gonztah

Quote from: INA7HAN on 27-10-2012

It's not the amount of people and the ranks, it's simply that people do not consider this. Every death in the actual game does hurt the ranks of the factions, as they don't get replacements. There's only a good handful of Freedom in the Army Warehouses (The MAIN BASE of Freedom) in Shadow of Chernobyl. Our 10-15 people squads DO make up the "Main Chapters" in the area, whether you like it or not. People don't consider the death of a member that harmful, because you respawn anyways.

On a side note, Duty shared Rostok with a good Stalker population, and acted as a police force without getting too far into Stalker's lives (As far as we see) and provided a secure environment for Stalkers to stay safe and feel protected. Duty had their area, and Stalkers were free to do as they wished in the rest.

It's just that people RP like Duty is the equivalent of CP from Half Life. (Well not everyone but still some do.)

Lucky Pig

-Neither faction had 18 men to begin with.
-The highest rank is of little relevance to this.
-Moving bases is not as good an idea as it sounds. We tried it.
-Leaders have decisions to make and at least when Ace was the leader, he simply lacked time to deal with it all.
-Ace or CC to my knowledge "cared" for the men they commanded already, as I stated above there were not even 18 but somewhere around 12 on both factions.

On my view, we need first to define leaders for both factions and then let the leaders and administration deal with faction policies.