Sector42
4 (13.8%)
Chernobyl
6 (20.7%)
Some other (comment)
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

nKe

Basically everything Gonztah said. Only thing I disagree with is PAC part.
Why not have admins spawn gear for factions?
And to prevent faction from having army of exoFN2K's, make them pay rubles to advance in "tiers"
ie. Better weapons for faction soldiers - 1 million rubles
Better (next "tier") armour - 2 million rubles.

Factions would have unlimited supply of the items in current "tier". This would probably boost the amount of faction wars.
And faction wars will lead to Stalkers being able to choose sides = fun?

Yes, there's couple of ways to abuse that system. But hey, we got admins to take care of that, mh?

Edit: Idk bout good prices, just examples.

Gonztah

Well that idea certainly is better than let the active faction hoard cash at the very start so they're better armed than the others, and yeah this would boost the amount of faction wars and factions could pay stalkers a bit more now that they wouldn't have to worry about buying gear for their own faction.

jaik

Character wipes are not practical in a community where character development is not present. It will be a classic wipe you all know. If you want to encourage faction wars then give whitelisted members a usual loadout (knife, pistol, rifle + a million of ammo) on every spawn.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

Quote from: Nik3 on 25-10-2012
faction "tiers"

Factions would have unlimited supply of the items in current "tier". This would probably boost the amount of faction wars.
no
freedom would get more active members and suddenly get every tier possible while inactive duty would still be stuck in their base due to their shitty gear
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Gonztah

Quote from: lolKieck on 25-10-2012
Quote from: Nik3 on 25-10-2012
faction "tiers"

no
freedom would get more active members and suddenly get every tier possible while inactive duty would still be stuck in their base due to their shitty gear

Actually yeah, when I think about this like that it would most likely go like that, ruining faction wars. (As if it wasn't hard enough on Duty with over 50% of the stalkers on server helping Freedom for free.)

EDIT: Also right now if I'm correct there's going to be a small populace at the start but it's better than an empty server like it used to be.

Lent23

Brandon's Two Cents

More Faction Wars
They are fun. Duty vs Freedom, Military vs Stalkers, Bandits vs Stalkers, Stalkers vs Stalkers, they all create a fun environment, as long as people don't take it to heart. Losing gear really hurts, but it's not something to get your panties in a bunch over.

Non-admin Faction Leaders
This has been explained plenty.

Unlimited amount of money for gear, but gear has to be moderated based on how many active members, their ranks, etc.
People will be able to fight unlimited fights, prove their worth, and be able to reclaim their gear instead of sitting in their base money farming and doing bad staring roleplay.

No character wipe
Thats just stupid in my opinion. People created their characters and worked really hard perfecting them, just like Otto said. Refer to his post.

Focus on STALKERS first, before Factions.
The game, and the roleplay it's based off of is focused heavily on the freedom of Stalkers to do whatever they like. Factions are important, but they have nothing to do without the basic Stalkers. The roleplay itself should be set up, and people should each create their regular Stalker characters before the finalizations on factions should occur. This will ensure that people will have free Stalker characters to do as they please, and give time for them to develop some things, also giving time to create a good set of ground rules for factions, as I don't exactly see a lot of work having been done on them so far.

In general, Roleplay needs to be more fun, and less serious.
People come on the server after a long day of real life to get away and do something that's fun, rather than come into a stressful environment and fight for their gear. A huge reason why things like Starship Troopers is so popular is that the main enemy is NPCs, and nobody really 'Loses' when people do events and things. It's an enjoyable experience to be able to release emotion with your characters and be able to have fun at the same time. Believe it or not, this actually is achievable without being overly serious.

Stick more closely to the actual STALKER canon
As mentioned slightly in this thread, there are some things that have been thrown in and are super powerful. I've already put my two cents in with Thy on my opinions on mutants, but some things are really out of hand. Collectors, for example, are super mutants capable of doing whatever. Some things really need to be moderated. Even Controllers are killable with the right weaponry in the games. They may be able to do some fancy hocus pocus, but not as far as some things in the roleplay go. This is really ambiguous, as I have no real source of specifics against breaking STALKER canon, but we really need to pick a timeline and stick with it. There is freedom to do a lot of things, but for the most part, there has to be a skeleton basic for SRP if we want to have any hope for it.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

jaik

Quote from: Lent23 on 25-10-2012
No character wipe
Thats just stupid in my opinion. People created their characters and worked really hard perfecting them, just like Otto said. Refer to his post.

This won't happen, why do people keep mentioning it?

Lent23

Quote from: Jake on 25-10-2012
Quote from: Lent23 on 25-10-2012
No character wipe

This won't happen, why do people keep mentioning it?
I saw it mentioned a few times, and wanted to throw my two cents in on it.
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

Knife_cz

Brandon's Two Cents

People come on the server after a long day of real life to get away and do something that's fun, rather than come into a stressful environment and fight for their gear. A huge reason why things like Starship Troopers is so popular is that the main enemy is NPCs, and nobody really 'Loses' when people do events and things. It's an enjoyable experience to be able to release emotion with your characters and be able to have fun at the same time. Believe it or not, this actually is achievable without being overly serious.

Hey. Hey guess what is the difference between Starship troopers and Stalker RP.
Its called 'serious roleplay'

Dem quotes are broken for me.,

jaik

Quote from: knife_cz on 25-10-2012

Brandon's Two Cents

Didn't you say that you quit?

Lent23

Quote from: knife_cz on 25-10-2012

Brandon's Two Cents

My entire point is that you can be serious and still base the roleplay on fun instead of anger, I'm sorry if you misinterpreted it, does that make it any clearer?

Lucky Pig

I don't know if anyone agrees with me on this one, but I think there should be a limit for player-made factions too, at least when they are started. In the worst case scenario there is a "Honor" or "Rangers" which has all the STALKERS in it, even though it was founded yesterday. Then, if the faction remains active, the member limit could slowly increase by 1 per month or something. Of course this might be difficult to regulate...

lolKieck

Quote from: Lucky Piig on 25-10-2012
I don't know if anyone agrees with me on this one, but I think there should be a limit for player-made factions too, at least when they are started. In the worst case scenario there is a "Honor" or "Rangers" which has all the STALKERS in it, even though it was founded yesterday. Then, if the faction remains active, the member limit could slowly increase by 1 per month or something. Of course this might be difficult to regulate...
just make it clear that minor faction leaders who acquire members like red army conscripts people will have problems arming them
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

SGT-Spartans

Please, dont focus RP around NPCs. NPCs are a bore to kill. If I wanted to kill them, I'd open up Flatgrass and kill them with e2 mechs.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Lucky Pig

just make it clear that minor faction leaders who acquire members like red army conscripts people will have problems arming them

Yes, but when they have like 10 members they gain at the very least 900 per hour, since the newbies can be expected to come online frequently if they have a group. Then there are donators who get even more money, and are in anycase armed when they spawn. The AKSu is relatively cheap, and in numbers it can become a real threat.

Gonztah

Quote from: Lucky Piig on 26-10-2012

Yes, but when they have like 10 members they gain at the very least 900 per hour, since the newbies can be expected to come online frequently if they have a group. Then there are donators who get even more money, and are in anycase armed when they spawn. The AKSu is relatively cheap, and in numbers it can become a real threat.

Pretty much this.

I'm also wondering what map are we going to use most likely when SRP starts?

INA7HAN

Quote from: Gonztah on 26-10-2012
Quote from: Lucky Piig on 26-10-2012

Pretty much this.

I'm also wondering what map are we going to use most likely when SRP starts?
Preferably (I think that's spelt right?) a map with lots of atmosphere a map which makes you feel like your surviving in the zone and please not a really dark map when we start? No one will have any flashlights or weapons which have flashlights on so it will difficult to do anything?
Also I'll be playing SRP when it's back up.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Gonztah

I'd say Garbage would be a fitting map, maybe a bit big but it has nice atmosphere and spots for stalker camps. Occult is nice but some people crash on it (So I've heard) and it's too dark. The one Silver made is nice, a bit small and more importantly RADIATED TO HIGH HELL. (Also no proper eco bunker.) Sector42 is just too big for the amount of players we have currently. Redemption is decent, a bit boring perhaps. Dark Dolina is pretty dark too.

Knife_cz

I say Gargbage or Redemption.

nKe

I'd vote for Garbage if we had a vote COUGHCOUGH

INA7HAN

Pick Garbage as redemtion has been played a lot compared to it.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Gonztah

Quote from: Nik3 on 26-10-2012
I'd vote for Garbage if we had a vote COUGHCOUGH

Fine I'll put a vote here then.

D33tly

Rp_downtown_v4 mangs. YOLO.

But i vote for chernobyl. I like the size, bases, aswell as it was the map i first played SRP on.

Steven :D

We need exile to put the fucking content up on the workshop so more people can join, or atleast get a fastdl. Theres a shitton of stuff that i rarely see is used.

We need new players. /tldr

Knife_cz

Quote from: D33tly on 26-10-2012
Rp_downtown_v4 mangs. YOLO.

But i vote for chernobyl. I like the size, bases, aswell as it was the map i first played SRP on.
Chernobyl is good and balanced.
But with 0 stats, you can't even run for shit - are you crazy mang