Total Members Voted: 29

jaik

Quote from: Khorn on 28-10-2012
Quote from: Jake on 28-10-2012
Quote from: Corocan on 28-10-2012
Quote from: D33tly on 27-10-2012
Quote from: knife_cz on 27-10-2012
snips

That's the entire reason why mutants should be present in our SRP -- to play to lose and create roleplay, and doing only that should rank you up on the bloodsucker roster.

Are you suggesting, by 'play to lose' that mutants should more often die by the hands of stalkers?

If so, then players would begin to feel like bad asses. Mutants should do what they are meant to do. Hunt loners and feast on other creatures in the zone. They have their RP, and the stalkers have their own. At times the collide.

Mutants are not the focus of the roleplay, but stalkers are.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Plunger

Well if we're going by the name of the game, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s are the focus of the RP, but we haven't had one in a long time.

Yorty

Ohoha. Going through this thread, it's clear nothing's going to be much different without people letting go.
A good number of people here have these old ideas ingrained in their head and show strong reluctance to change which is, and for a very good amount of time has been, the prominent issue with this community as a whole. Having watched everyone argue about smaller factions and more stalkers versus the alternative is like watching two rowdy crowds go back and forth about liberals and conservatives (this doesn't pertain to just this thread).

"Everyone loves Freedom everyone bombs Duty and it's bad!!!"
"haha what's rp that only happened when i cared about the server and played on it, obviously xD"
"economy lol it's like america"

Hello, essentially everyone who's posted in this thread thus far makes up the entirety of the community and the players who'd be involved in SRP when it goes back, and it's up to you to make anything happen. I'm tired of seeing people bitch about how horrid SRP was and how all players cared about was "gear lol" when it was just a load a bullshit created by the community regulars who refused to look in the mirror and see that they were doing nothing for the good of the server themselves. The 'veteran' players who claimed all the good roleplay happened in their day might have had a few valid points once in a while, but it's not like they even tried to roleplay at all themselves anymore, as if the inspiration for 'good roleplay' was some mythical cloud that happened to pass over some players' heads on occasion.

Forget about the past, forget rules and regulations about who should have which firearms, how much money, or how often they should be on the server just because of their damned faction.

Just try and have some goddamned fun.

Edit:
Also I vote for and endorse stalker redux alalala

Khorn

Quote from: Jake on 28-10-2012
Mutants are not the focus of the roleplay, but stalkers are.

That isn't true at all. The focus of the roleplay should be life in the Zone. The RP theme is Stalker.

The focus should be on the whole damn thing.

nKe

Yorty has a point.
Also one thing why we dont have enough players is the fact that everyone's banned for reason or another.

Plunger

Quote from: Nik3 on 29-10-2012
Yorty has a point.
Also one thing why we dont have enough players is the fact that everyone's banned for reason or another.

I don't remember the entire playerbase being banned.

ThY

Quote from: Plunger on 29-10-2012
Yorty has a point.

I don't remember the entire playerbase being banned.
I don't think this is a valid point.

Plunger

Yorty has a point.

In fact, do you even play on SRP.

Because if we're talking about FRP then yeah, like half the plaeyrbase was banned by the 'administration'.

nKe

Yorty has a point.

Because if we're talking about FRP then yeah, like half the plaeyrbase was banned by the 'administration'.

I've never played on SRP.
And yeah, but FRP is DED now so..
I ment that most of the people who can RP and ARE ACTIVE, are banned.

lolKieck

Quote from: Yorty on 29-10-2012when it was just a load a bullshit created by the community regulars who refused to look in the mirror and see that they were doing nothing for the good of the server themselves.
as an SV you didn't do anything too
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Tom

Yorty has a point.

Are you saying HGN bans people for being good at RP and being active. . .?

Who are you talking about?
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

nKe

Quote from: Tom on 29-10-2012
Yorty has a point.

Are you saying HGN bans people for being good at RP and being active. . .?

Who are you talking about?

Are you saying that I was saying that HGN bans people for being good at RP and being active..?
If so, you're wrong.

Tom

One can imply that from your statement of "I meant that most of the people who can RP and ARE ACTIVE, are banned."

As if that is the criteria for being eligible to be banned.

Edit: Also you forgot to mention people.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Knife_cz

One can imply that from your statement of "I meant that most of the people who can RP and ARE ACTIVE, are banned."

I got banned for being active.
We were having a nice legal STK fight with bandits, and suddenly some admin flied in observer in middle of it. He got shot and died. Claiming we shot him on purpose.
That was my third strike.
I belive that admin was Duran. It was the most retardest strike I ever got.

But that happend what, year ago? Two?

Out of topic, lel. I am an exception.

lolKieck

hey, why is duran still a virgin?
because he never gave a fuck
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Lent23

Quote from: lolKieck on 29-10-2012
hey, why is duran still a virgin?
because he never gave a fuck
lol why does this forum not have a Like button?
Brandon Lent likes this
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

nKe

Tom, you do understand that english is not my #1 language.
Just saying that many of the good RPrs are banned coz they tried their luck with other communities and stuff.

Knife_cz

Just saying that many of the good RPrs are banned coz they tried their luck with other communities and stuff.
No, not really.
I don't think I saw anyone banned just for being on TnB server for example, or ex-GGL.
Other thing is when some HGN member spreads shit about other community, under HGN tag.

Tom

Yes.

Quote from: knife_cz on 29-10-2012

We were having a nice legal STK fight with bandits, and suddenly some admin flied in observer in middle of it. He got shot and died. Claiming we shot him on purpose.

That isn't being banned for being active. Thats being banned for what appears to be a misunderstanding.

Oh boy.

Knife_cz

Yes.

Quote from: knife_cz on 29-10-2012

That isn't being banned for being active. Thats being banned for what appears to be a misunderstanding.

It indeed was, but nobody belived me when I done such a bullshit like duplicating weapons and getting under map.
I was so retarded back then.

Duranblackraven

Wha, huh? ...WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!

Otto

i thought this thread was about getting suggestions from people, not creating a giant smelly turd

PingPong

My opinion on Stalker.

-If paycheck's get removed you need to have an active admin team that will create jobs for stalkers etc

-Setting caps isn't such a bad thing for factions/traders etc as long as they periodically get opened with the increase of player base to the server.

-Make the server/rp more based around stalkers rather then factions.

-More events. Planned and random events. This will give new players a reason to come back and give regular players a reason to keep playing.

-An actual chance to find stuff around the map periodically instead of making artifacts and gear 99% based around events.

-Referring to my previous point. If this was put into place you would need to balance this out by having a decent amount of mutants or bandits around the map whether it be npc's, players, or admins to prevent people from just roaming around the map just looking for gear with no consequences. That way it adds a element of fear and risk.

-In order to achieve that you need an admin team who is active and dedicated enough to run the srp server, take care of events, and actually keeping the server alive rather then worrying about their own character.

In short you just need a proper balance for all aspects of the server and it should run great, shame its easier said then done.
Will add more points about different subjects later, short on time currently.

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is just a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

Frostee

My opinion in a nutshell:

Change the canon.

Tom

Quote from: Frostee on 29-10-2012
My opinion in a nutshell:

Change the canon.

I threw the idea around in my head before I left to do what other SRPs have done and just play the server starting from either CS or pre-CS and let the players generate the stories/canon

Instead of keeping it to-the-detail video game canon, perhaps just base the server on the Stalker Universe instead of the game canon.

But if your idea of "Change the Canon" is simply "Change the timeline to CS or COP" then you'll have similar problems with SoC timeline.
Oh boy.