So many heroes- possible fix?

Started by Ylsid, 26-02-2011

Ylsid

Seeing as there are so many heroes and metagamers, perhaps it'd be better if when invisible, it didn't show that you were talking above your head?
Of course, the armour thing is good enough to fix them, but what else could be done to make them scarier?

Being able to properly move corpses would certainly be a bonus, or even the ability to make blood spurt when you did something with Claws?

Not too sure here, but just had a major problem with 2 heroes (who I gave no less than 2 obvious chances to escape) and I think this could be easily fixed by doing something to make them feel scarier... any ideas? Maybe something that could be done ICly?

mikeywrenn

People like being able to go back to their friends to say things like "I got a sucker in a headlock" or "I stuck my knife in a sucker's head." But it's suicide to do either of these.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

lolKieck

My idea is to let bloodsuckers powergame a bit, to a non-retarded extent, so that they'd have a REAL reason to run. Or hang around and learn from other bloodsuckers.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ylsid

Quote from: lolKieck on 26-02-2011
My idea is to let bloodsuckers powergame a bit, to a non-retarded extent, so that they'd have a REAL reason to run. Or hang around and learn from other bloodsuckers.
Yeah, the guy I just attacked seemed to think 30 rounds at point blank could kill a sucker.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl - Bloodsucker

more like 50-60

Knife_cz

When i was on srp,i never killed bloodsucker when i was alone if he attacked first.

ThY

These Albino Bloodsuckers are back to destroy this breed of "heros".
Give me a "heros" name in a PM and I will test their mutant roleplay abilities correctly. And hopefully give them a reason to be scared of mutants.

lolKieck

By the way, more like 50-60 of 5.45x39 AP rounds.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Dug

I will respond to this "hero" thread properly.
There was about 6-8 of us and you were alone I believe? The odds were against you.
Bloodsuckers attack small groups when they can win , preferably a lone stalker.
Humans relay on strenght in numbers when they fight mutants because it works fine.
An AK47 has the strenght to chop meat off the target. There for being hit with 30-60 bullets consider your self very chopped.

I like to believe anyone alone with a chance to run away from the bloodsucker, would do so.

Ylsid

Quote from: Dug on 26-02-2011
I will respond to this "hero" thread properly.
There was about 6-8 of us and you were alone I believe? The odds were against you.
Bloodsuckers attack small groups when they can win , preferably a lone stalker.
Humans relay on strenght in numbers when they fight mutants because it works fine.
An AK47 has the strenght to chop meat off the target. There for being hit with 30-60 bullets consider your self very chopped.

I like to believe anyone alone with a chance to run away from the bloodsucker, would do so.
Nono, I'm not talking about in the village, I had to DC then because it was nearly 1am and I'd just been caught playing overtime, sorry about that.
I'm talking about when I was alone in the zone with 2 unarmoured guys.
They decided they could hero the sucker and beat it down, so I killed one (who could RP somewhat) and just left the scene, saying I "died".

On the topic of surviving nearly 2 full clips, go look at videos of suckers on youtube, they've got an insane amount of HP, it's just simply bugged atm so they don't get it.

Dragon

In an attempt to kill this breed of heroes, I have an idea.
But I will keep it to myself for now, and possibly discuss it with ThY at a later date.

Sup? ~ ThY

Sup Thy, you can read this now, but it's probably better if we discuss my idea over steam.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

nKe

Quote from: Ylsid on 26-02-2011
Nono, I'm not talking about in the village, I had to DC then because it was nearly 1am and I'd just been caught playing overtime, sorry about that.
They decided they could hero the sucker and beat it down, so I killed one (who could RP somewhat) and just left the scene, saying I "died".

On the topic of surviving nearly 2 full clips, go look at videos of suckers on youtube, they've got an insane amount of HP, it's just simply bugged atm so they don't get it.

I RP'd 2 bursts of Obakan at you from 1-2 meters away while you were standing still,
You took 1-2 bullet somewhere but just ignored the hits and decapitated some stalker,
so i continued to empty my rifle at you (i was lying on the ground) And you dodged all the bullets.
Matrix sucker?

+ Later today you did:  /me walks around the truck
But you just ran behind me and stabbed me, reason for this was "So you cant metagame my movement"

I know that suckers are mutanted badass terminators but its just uncool that you slaughter huge group of stalkers with
"/me impales 2 dudes with his claws, rips head off, dodges 50 bullets and then leaps off"
(all this while cloaked and in one /me)

Ylsid

Quote from: Nik3 on 26-02-2011

I RP'd 2 bursts of Obakan at you from 1-2 meters away while you were standing still,
You took 1-2 bullet somewhere but just ignored the hits and decapitated some stalker,
so i continued to empty my rifle at you (i was lying on the ground) And you dodged all the bullets.
Matrix sucker?

But you just ran behind me and stabbed me, reason for this was "So you cant metagame my movement"

I know that suckers are mutanted badass terminators but its just uncool that you slaughter huge group of stalkers with
"/me impales 2 dudes with his claws, rips head off, dodges 50 bullets and then leaps off"

I didn't dodge 50 bullets, I got hit by at least 30, and if you remember it I actually said I died after killing the first, not to mention I didn't "dodge 50 bullets and rip your heads off in 1 /me"

The second time? You were three stalkers, in the dark. You refused to fearRP at all, and just played complete badass commando the entire time. I actually said I moved around the truck, I just didn't tell you which way because as proven- you used the "Talking" to metagame my position.

ThY

Can we avoid arguing in the thread please
This is to discuss what can be done about "hero" stalkers

Anyhow, as I said. If someone gives me a name, and proof of a bad-ass commando. I will pay them a visit and make them have reason to be scared of Mutants.

Goose

Also im just putting this out there, Just because you empty a magazine aimed at a target dose not mean you will hit more then 60% of the rounds, Fact for those of you who have never handled automatic weapons, It is damn hard to keep the weapon on the target after three rounds fired the fourth you are basically aimed way above it, so firing a magazine all at once is like shooting for god's head you're not going to hit what you are aiming at.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Rhyom Guther

Make the blood sucker's eyes glow when you get close enough to them, when you pull out the claws and push the shift button you make a nasty noise, ect.

Legit|Brandon

Give the Suckers high attributes in Agility Stamina and Endurance?
For Freedom

Rhyom Guther

Give acrobatic so they can jump super high in the air like in the real Stalker.

Paintcheck

Quote from: ThY on 27-02-2011

Anyhow, as I said. If someone gives me a name, and proof of a bad-ass commando. I will pay them a visit and make them have reason to be scared of Mutants.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with fighting powergaming by powergaming? Just kick/ban the idiots you're an admin Thy.

Ylsid

Quote from: Paintcheck on 27-02-2011

Am I the only one who sees a problem with fighting powergaming by powergaming? Just kick/ban the idiots you're an admin Thy.
He does have a point mate, it's better to give the person a scare rather than just piss them off by kicking them so they can come back and hero again. If they know that heroing has IC consequences, they're much less likely to do it.

Perhaps in the things in the corner that pop up (the statements in top right) one of them should say something like "Don't fight a bloodsucker, they will and can eviscerate you before you can fight back."

Bielecki

Just a tip for the Bloodsuckers out there, bind something alot the lines of '/me leaps out onto the human' to a key and you're good to go without having to stop and type every time you are near a Stalker.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Ylsid on 27-02-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 27-02-2011

He does have a point mate, it's better to give the person a scare rather than just piss them off by kicking them so they can come back and hero again. If they know that heroing has IC consequences, they're much less likely to do it.

Perhaps in the things in the corner that pop up (the statements in top right) one of them should say something like "Don't fight a bloodsucker, they will and can eviscerate you before you can fight back."

No it doesn't. If they aren't scared now they won't be regardless of how powergamey the suckers get. Worse they will very likely whine and moan and bitch about being powergamed. Kicks/bans work so much better than powergaming back because they show the player that the player's actions are unacceptable OOCly rather than being a blurry "See we're just powergaming you back" argument that the player might choose to ignore/might not realize. Admins EXIST for the purpose to regulating shit like this. Do your job. Powergaming isn't how you fix this.

mikeywrenn

Quote from: Nik3 on 26-02-2011

Matrix sucker?

You're one of the biggest Hero Stalkers I've come across.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Nargotah

It's gotten to the point where I almost feel silly for actually treating bloodsuckers like massive whirling dervishes of death and destruction, when I can walk around for ten minutes and see some fresh from the world stalker like wrestling one into submission. It's fucking stupid, and ruins the atmosphere in every possible way. Only the -most- hardened motherfuckers in the Zone would even have a decent chance one on one with a sucker.

deluxulous

While I agree that bloodsuckers are tough, and you should NOT attempt an encounter with them, it just seems that some people want them to be TOO powerful sometimes. (At the moment, I think they're fine. I have no complaints about them.) And Bloodsuckers need to know when and when NOT to attack. Recently, on two or three occasions, I have seen lone bloodsuckers attacking groups of over six well armed men. If we Fear RP and travel in large groups, when will the mutants begin to Fear RP themselves?

Tom

Indeed pistolkid.

And I will say a Kick and a Ban will work far better on Powergamers then Powergaming back. Thats like trying to Fight a Hurricane by Spawning a much larger hurricane in hopes it will cancel out. People are not afraid cause. . . Shocker. . . Spoiler alert! Its a video game, and it seems as though some people outright refuse to act human, cause that would ruin there chances of having there E-dick grow by 100000% cause y-know. RP is all about who you can wave your dick at and who you can get away with pissing on and jizzing on, I mean hell some of our oldest members do it all the time, some staff do it too, Players do it often as well. The powergamey Heros stems back to "Who can I get away with making upset? Who can I give a golden shower and get away with it? HUR HUR HUR! |:D"

/rant

/On-topic

Kick/ban is there for a reason, Doing IC actions often times does not work, and giving people OOC concequences for being flipping retarded OOCly gives them a reason to act afraid IC, as they would know "If I don't act scarred and if I fail to act human. . . I might get kicked from my favoritest gaem in teh werld!"
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22