Should we Close STALKER RP?

Started by Silver Knight, 13-09-2009

Wazer Wifle

I still would like to keep it the way it is, with two servers, the overall population would be split, and there probably wouldn't be enough people, like 6 players on one server and 6 on the other server is going to suck, when its much better to have 12 overall in one server. With school and all, we just don't have the player activity to pull of two servers, and we're not even talking about cash yet.

I believe we should only have one server like we do now, and just step up the admin team.

Afromana

Quote from: Zero on 24-09-2009
The money to hold two servers would be Alot though, and you need to think of the management!

(Offtopic)
Fact: we use a dedicated server, we can host as many server as we feel like without any additional cost.
Only downside is the bandwidth being split up to all the servers we host.

Ari

Absolutely not! If people just join by hearing stuff, then we're probably not going to get more players. Passworded servers do keep out minges, but, then again, don't admins?

Try hiring more admins or implementing something that will kick DMers.

Locke

Even if we hire more admins, DMers will always be present.
I do agree we need more BAs

Paintcheck

Quote from: Wazer Wifle on 24-09-2009
I still would like to keep it the way it is, with two servers, the overall population would be split, and there probably wouldn't be enough people, like 6 players on one server and 6 on the other server is going to suck, when its much better to have 12 overall in one server. With school and all, we just don't have the player activity to pull of two servers, and we're not even talking about cash yet.

I believe we should only have one server like we do now, and just step up the admin team.

QFT. Maybe in summer we can split the servers but right now split servers will result in the death of HGN as a whole.

Locke

School, Winter and Early spring is when the server dies down a bit.

Keyblockor

Well, The main focus of it is that if there ARE DMers, trolls, and other nusiances to the server and its populance, you must seperate the fact that new players are not a nuisance.

My opinion is to keep it open, -BUT- put it as a strict suite for the admins, If they're new or seem to be, Try and teach them, after five minutes and they're still fucking around, deem them as a troll, ban them for 10 minutes (Will most likely deter anyone without a attention span) and move on, If it is a new player, they will listen and cooperate.

Reason why you shouldn't ban Nusiances are that they could come to be, one hell of a good Roleplayer, and Permenant bans should only be going to people who Actually HARM the server.

Lucidius

Quote from: Keyblockor on 28-09-2009
Permenant bans should only be going to people who Actually HARM the server.

QFT, problem runnin rampant all over the internet. Alot of admins permaban out of line :P.

Anywho, I say what my post already said.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Locke

Quote from: Lucidius on 28-09-2009
Quote from: Keyblockor on 28-09-2009
Permenant bans should only be going to people who Actually HARM the server.

QFT, problem runnin rampant all over the internet. Alot of admins permaban out of line :P.

Anywho, I say what my post already said.

I've done about one perma in the last month, stop making stuff up.

Locke

This topic is dying out, if you have any opinions state them before it's locked.

Wazer Wifle

Splitting it into two servers will kill it, frankly, I have no problem with the way stalker RP is set up right now, and I am happy with it. (Except for the inventory system) I don't think we need to make any changes.

Raidenator

I've already said my two cents on why I think it should shut down temporarily.

I check the Development forum every time there's an update, from the looks of it Hostel and Silverknight are the only ones publicly developing anything.

If you're privately developing something, care to share it?

The current script is a mess, people constantly lose items and it's got more backdoors than a brothel.

Maybe I'm the only one noticing it, but HGN is almost globally hated, we should give it a break and try and fix the reputation.

KillSlim

Quote from: Raidenator on 01-10-2009

I check the Development forum every time there's an update, from the looks of it Hostel and Silverknight are the only ones publicly developing anything.

The current script is a mess, people constantly lose items and it's got more backdoors than a brothel.

Maybe I'm the only one noticing it, but HGN is almost globally hated, we should give it a break and try and fix the reputation.

Hm, when you put it this way, I agree with HGN being closed temporarily. It would certainly give the development team and SRP Staff a break from the new people demanding refunds or demanding their suggestion being made...
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Wazer Wifle

Closing down the server isn't going to fix anything.

Silver Knight

Only by Trolls and minges, but i don't see the point in seeking their respect.

Kuromeku roleplaynation, Necropolis etc Troll Communities.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Lucidius

Did I say You? Or even imply you? :P

I said it's a problam rampant around the internets, meaning CSS servers, SL, etc. I don't deal with admins enough here to make THAT kind of assumption.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Linkmister

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP is one of the few reasons why I go to Garrys Mod. Please don't close it down.

Lucidius

Quote from: Linkmister on 03-10-2009
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP is one of the few reasons why I go to Garrys Mod. Please don't close it down.

Not close it down, close it to the public. Read OP plox.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Linkmister

My bad I read it wrong. Actually that would be nice closing it to the public.

Crimzon_Reaper

Quote from: Silver Knight on 02-10-2009

What's that about Necro', bro?

Lucidius

Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 06-10-2009
Quote from: Silver Knight on 02-10-2009

What's that about Necro', bro?

4 days isn't a necro.

Post something helpful and stop trying to get a higher post count.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bagelz

I only agree with the "shut down to fix script" part. The current script is pretty buggy. EeeeeeEEEEveryday it's the same "god" "damn" crap...

"LOL REFUNDS PLEASE"

The admins must go through at LEAST a quarter of a million rubles a day total of goods replaced.

Lucidius

Agreed Bagelz.

I had an idea the other night though. Why not have a private, invite only HGN group for people who are in HGN, and then a public HGN group you need to join to get in the server?

I think that'de be a bit better then just throwing a password on that.

This is only if anyone decides to lock it AFTER the script is fixt.

I've lost alot less then most everyone here but it's still annoying.
2 74u's
2 74's
1 sig p228
1 berreta
1 fort 12

not a whole lot but I don't have any guns on me atm. /bloodsucker bait.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Raidenator

Don't lock the server when you fix the script, that would be a terrible idea.

Shut down the server until the script is fixed, open it again with Hostel's map and the new script.

That would bring a huge boost in numbers.

Zero

Server doesn't need a lockdown, no one comes by and minges out too much.