Should we Close STALKER RP?

Started by Silver Knight, 13-09-2009

Paintcheck

I'd say no. It will kill new players coming in which will make the server less populated which will make the members already here not want to play. I've been on TSRP servers where they have tried this idea and it almost always results in the death of the server. We need the players coming in. Our admin staff is more than capable of dealing with minges. If you close the server the server will die. As the school year gets harder and harder, players will leave and stop playing. Without new players coming in to check us out then we'll have a big loss of players and no gain.

ISPYUDIE

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-09-2009
I'd say no. It will kill new players coming in which will make the server less populated which will make the members already here not want to play. I've been on TSRP servers where they have tried this idea and it almost always results in the death of the server. We need the players coming in. Our admin staff is more than capable of dealing with minges. If you close the server the server will die. As the school year gets harder and harder, players will leave and stop playing. Without new players coming in to check us out then we'll have a big loss of players and no gain.

Agreed

lolKieck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-09-2009
Agreed with you, ISPY, coletrain and raydark
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Locke

Again, 1 server passworded, 1 server open.

Cobra

Quote from: Locke on 18-09-2009
This.

Zero

Locking the server is what killed another one of my old RPing community, we got sick of the same people there and with no new blood, we finally just left mutually.

Lucidius

Quote from: Cobra on 18-09-2009
Quote from: Locke on 18-09-2009
This.

This or just making it public and having enough admins.

I mean, think of it this way, you already have (for some one who hasn't signed up to this site and got the content packages) a 45 minute download, in which they can't join the server until they own the map and all the servers running the map don't have it set up to auto download.

Your basicly locking it down as is. The only blood that's new is that who reg's to the forum and seaks to join. You won't get any random fags double clicking, waiting 5 minutes and then DMing the server.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Raidenator

I was saying a while ago we should shut down the StalkerRP server and open it back up when we have a decent script.

Think about it, when we reopen the server, the hype will attract plenty more players, thanks to the new script they'll want to stay, and more people will donate.

Right now we just have a great map (with crappy terrain, I'm sure we can all agree to that) and an angry playerbase.

People are leaving gradually because they lose their items or their characters don't save.

The script is a disaster right now.

If we just shut it down for a bit and let people forget about the bad times they had, or stop new players who join, have a crappy time and never come back, we can get a lot out of it.

Lucidius

Quote from: Raidenator on 19-09-2009
I was saying a while ago we should shut down the StalkerRP server and open it back up when we have a decent script.

Think about it, when we reopen the server, the hype will attract plenty more players, thanks to the new script they'll want to stay, and more people will donate.

Right now we just have a great map (with crappy terrain, I'm sure we can all agree to that) and an angry playerbase.

People are leaving gradually because they lose their items or their characters don't save.

If we just shut it down for a bit and let people forget about the bad times they had, or stop new players who join, have a crappy time and never come back, we can get a lot out of it.

Valid point is very valid.

The map DOES state it is beta though so.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Raidenator

You say beta, I say version 1.

It's hardly a beta, it's already been released like 4 times.

Dom

This is a good idea, insatead of having 34809219235619824 people in the zone we will have a small reccuring number of well-known characters. Occasionaly we will get the new guys.

Charlie

Don't "close" it, it's better to keep it opened, people can come easily.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Raidenator on 19-09-2009

You're assuming everyone comes back. If the script was only like a week away from being fixed that would work but since Silver doesn't have the time he used to to work on it it could be months before we see it up and running. If it takes months I think the odds of our players sticking around are very low.

Moordact

I don't support locking the server , More admins would be an option.

Remove inactive admins , add newer .

Add admins from different timezones so there's always  one or more online , not only at night.
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Lucidius

Quote from: Moordact on 19-09-2009

Add admins from different timezones so there's always  one or more online , not only at night.

QFT but people are still rage quitting the server entirely @ losing their exosuits, weapons, etc.

My Profile[/b][/size]

asoldier290

what about making it private and friend invites? the HGN server has the potential to draw alot of Kuros members mainly because kuro is a dick and dosent allow the freedom you guys do. thats why i switched to over here, I think maybe if one member can invite one person that would be good?

OxTox

Quote from: asoldier290 on 19-09-2009
what about making it private and friend invites? the HGN server has the potential to draw alot of Kuros members mainly because kuro is a dick and dosent allow the freedom you guys do. thats why i switched to over here, I think maybe if one member can invite one person that would be good?

Wouldn't it then turn into a making an appointment to roleplay? I mean I personally love roleplaying with people I don't know, see how they are and stuff, makes it fun.

oats

An easy solution would be to expand the admin team to invite more active trustable moderators and have them crack down on the rules. If you spot a troll, drop a nice permaban on them, If you get a minge givem a three hour ban and direct them to the forums. That'll be the most level solution.

Moordact

Quote from: Lucidius on 19-09-2009
Quote from: Moordact on 19-09-2009

QFT but people are still rage quitting the server entirely @ losing their exosuits, weapons, etc.

You are only allowed to use a exo when you are on the exo roster , and when you lose your exo you get a new one.
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Locke

All the new people who join lost items, and I can't in good conscience replace them because I dont know if they really had them or not.

RayDark

Quote from: Dom on 19-09-2009
This is a good idea, insatead of having 34809219235619824 people in the zone we will have a small reccuring number of well-known characters. Occasionaly we will get the new guys.

Yes because, The other side of the fence only has, what, 3 people?
No. For fucks sake hell no. And if you have to, Keep one server open!

Locke

Like I have been crying out for a while, two servers, one for serious roleplay, the other for everyday roleplay.

Moss

Do what Locke's been saying! Keep one Server for Serious Roleplay Locked , another server for Minor RP , its still the same script but for newbies , easier things to do for newbies , and better things for experienced RP'ers , eventually the people on the Newbie server are gonna want more , so they straighten out and transfer to the More Serious RP. What you could do is leave out any Donator flags from the Newbie server , maybe take away some guns and possibly have no factions. Sooner or later there gonna say " I want more" , Then they come onto the forums sign up , maybe get an admin approval or two , and then start fresh again on the More serious server , but now they start out more comfortable and know what to do.

Still based kind of on Locke's idea but more restrictions for newbies , making them wanna go to the locked server witch has more stuff to do.

And maybe make the Newbie server not have so many custom models so they don't leave because they don't feel like downloading a huge content pack. And a smaller map for the newbie server , one where they don't have to Download from online but it'll upload when they join the server. Maybe go back to Stalker Redux?
Moss--it has the charm of a creeping tune~Even in darkness it still grows.

Why do I love Moss?

I have been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, their is not one easy answer that I can give you.

Renegade

+support Gembock amazing idea

Zero

The money to hold two servers would be Alot though, and you need to think of the management!