Server Economy or "What the fuck are you smoking, Silver?"

Started by Paintcheck, 07-10-2010

Khorn

Can we at least wait for the script to be pulled together a bit more? If I knew how to script, I would help. I got free time in weekdays. I would think we first should get people to help out by polishing the game mode first before trying to fix the game.

Tom

No No No, The 'Making of lonering impossible' Has been a long process, only helped along by shipments. . . Shipments should be removed entirely, or at least kept to food and meds.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

jaik

Quote from: Wings on 07-10-2010
Quote from: RG4ORDR on 07-10-2010
Sunrise should be 5k they aren't a uber leveled suit
What the fuck? 5K? No, I'm a Stalker, and Thats the only character that I have,. I even donated to get Experienced flags, and I didn't get a suit. all that I got was a shitty ass Makarov, and a donator Status. Yay! -_-
I think Most experienced Stalkers should at least get a suit and a Viper5. Sunrise suit's should be 2k. I'm going to have to make a Freedom character, or maybe a Trader; because the economy is shit.

You donated just to get EXP flags?
Haha, you're pathetic.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

irondeity

I agree with Tom. The shipment idea works on very, very few things. Removal of it would help to begin leveling out the current situation some. As for the Military and Freedom activity. I'm one of the Militaries "Big 3" but with what Ive been reading here, I will begin to use my Loner more often, even if im the ONLY Loner on in a group of Military and Freedom, and Ill just wait for RP oppertunities to arise from those who are looking for it, when the server does begin to populate and more Loners, bandits, and freelance mercs begin showing up, then Ill decide if the time and player base is at enough of a stability, to switch over to my militant.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Steel

Dosent help with a dying theme.
Stalker roleplay, another reason people are getting bored.

You cant soley blame the Economy. People are getting bored of RPing STALKER.

Wings

Quote from: Jake on 08-10-2010
Quote from: Wings on 07-10-2010
Quote from: RG4ORDR on 07-10-2010
Sunrise should be 5k they aren't a uber leveled suit
What the fuck? 5K? No, I'm a Stalker, and Thats the only character that I have,. I even donated to get Experienced flags, and I didn't get a suit. all that I got was a shitty ass Makarov, and a donator Status. Yay! -_-
I think Most experienced Stalkers should at least get a suit and a Viper5. Sunrise suit's should be 2k. I'm going to have to make a Freedom character, or maybe a Trader; because the economy is shit.

You donated just to get EXP flags?
Haha, you're pathetic.
No, I donated to get some fucking guns when I spawn, because I get sick and tired of having my loner character get his stuff stolen by "Lol bandits" and then I have to save up for another weapon because It doesn't re spawn and the Fuckers just run away with my gun; only for the admin to say "Meh. It's just an Ak74U."
I'ts about to be Freedom faction time....

Silver Knight

Quote from: Mrtasker on 08-10-2010
Shipments are incredibly annoying, 200k for five Freedom Seva's wut? I don't need or want as many as five Seva's, please for the love of god get rid of shipments.

Ill fix that, faction suits (apart from lowest tier) arn't meant to be shipments.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KingArthur

I would like to defend me, being an admin. I have lost the ability to do most things, although still TRY to do. The small things i do suck because it comes out of MY pocket AKA military paycheck. When i do/try to do events... guess what i try to include only? Stalkers, and not any stalker... poor new stalkers. Last thing i did cost me around 5k OUT OF MY OWN POCKET... to put items around. Not my fault SAs lost the power to spawn items... Trust apparently is gone.

Paintcheck

Chaos

I'm not wasting 7 hours to get a T0Z in a video game. It's too boring.

Locke

What Chaos said, people don't have time to dedicate their life to get low tier weapons.

Wings

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 09-10-2010
What Chaos said, people don't have time to dedicate their life to get low tier weapons.
^ This
Shipments need to be removed, Paychecks need to be higher, and everything should cost less. If something like this is not done soon SRP could be in SERIOUS trouble.

Khorn

But if everything is too cheap and only takes a few hours to get, we will get back to a server filled with exos.

Plunger

Quote from: Khorn on 09-10-2010
But if everything is too cheap and only takes a few hours to get, we will get back to a server filled with exos.
Better then a server with no items, or players.
Derp

Khorn

You may think that's better. But the bitching about anything will never end. Just replaced by other shit.

andrewhatesyou

I say when you start a new char, they start off with 2k. This would be good for a short time until the economic crisis is over. People would be able to buy guns, ammo, and some misc. items. Now a days there are never any jobs, so if you are just a loner and you do not have a character in the faction, you are fucked.

EDIT: Only problem would be is that people would duplicate/exploit the money by /rublesdrop 2000, then making a new char.

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

Duranblackraven

Quote from: andrewhatesyou on 09-10-2010
I say when you start a new char, they start off with 2k. This would be good for a short time until the economic crisis is over. People would be able to buy guns, ammo, and some misc. items. Now a days there are never any jobs, so if you are just a loner and you do not have a character in the faction, you are fucked.

EDIT: Only problem would be is that people would duplicate/exploit the money by /rublesdrop 2000, then making a new char.

No because you can only make so many characters, and you MUST have a certain amount of money on your character before it can be deleted.

Paintcheck

Forcing people to be poor is stupid and boring. To fix it so people can't buy a millioon exos don't sell exos or high grade weapons for e rubles problem solved. I have been advocated this for months. Just make it so the highest tier rubles buy is like high end STALKER gear (Seva, Groza/G36, things like that) and only award Exos for excellent RP and crazy events and things like that. That way all players get to have jobs, guns and money without feeling poor and bored and exos don't flood the server.

Khorn

I once suggested that there is a permanent limit to Exos in SRP. Such as 1 exo per faction that ever had one. And maybe 2 for Loners/Bandits. Only way to get one is kill someone who has it. Or buy it off them.

Same with the high grade weapons. And maybe some of the higher suits.

Chaos

Quote from: Paintcheck on 09-10-2010
Forcing people to be poor is stupid and boring. To fix it so people can't buy a millioon exos don't sell exos or high grade weapons for e rubles problem solved. I have been advocated this for months. Just make it so the highest tier rubles buy is like high end STALKER gear (Seva, Groza/G36, things like that) and only award Exos for excellent RP and crazy events and things like that. That way all players get to have jobs, guns and money without feeling poor and bored and exos don't flood the server.
Exos were'nt even that bad because it was application, but the people with exos were more active so it could have looked that way.
The system you mentioned would work much better though, only not all admins would be true and they could give it out to their friends.

Quote from: Khorn on 09-10-2010
I once suggested that there is a permanent limit to Exos in SRP. Such as 1 exo per faction that ever had one. And maybe 2 for Loners/Bandits. Only way to get one is kill someone who has it. Or buy it off them.

Same with the high grade weapons. And maybe some of the higher suits.

I don't agree, has been tried a bunch but never enforced. If you deserve an exo you should get it.

Khorn

Quote from: Chaos on 10-10-2010

I don't agree, has been tried a bunch but never enforced. If you deserve an exo you should get it.

Even so, there should be enforced limit to exos. If we stop at applications, the whole server one day could get exos. New players would be slaughtered if they try anything. And Exo's cause people to think themselves as being bad asses.

Steven :D

I like that, maximum of say maybe 2 or 3 exos per faction, maybe 5 for loners/bandits and 2 / 3 for merc as well.
AND THEN only one exo per minor faction. (unless the faction has possible auths to have more)

Wings

I love how this thread sort of dies down, But yet nothing dramatic has been done to help the server.

Paintcheck

Because pretty much every possible course of action has already been discussed.

Chaos

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-10-2010
Because pretty much every possible course of action has already been discussed.
Yea and every change to the economy usually just makes it worse.