Server crash

Started by Laurent, 13-08-2010

Laurent

Well evrytime i join the server i just crash then i founded out u need to do +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in set launch options so i did that but i still crashed rrly what must i do? i rrly want to play :-[ help me plz  :-\

Khorn

Can you play the map in single player?

Laurent

I didnt tested but i want to play on the server

Khorn

Well, try to play in on single player, then try to join the server.

Laurent

Ok i will try i hope it works :-[

Dragon

If you tried the singleplayer and it runs well, but still happen to be crashing.
You can just lower your settings.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Laurent

Nop i dont see the map in singleplayer :( what now? i went to facepunch and readed it i putted the command in set launch options why i crash? its +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 right?

i just tried to join again after 10-15mins i crash   :(

Khorn

Try to load the map through console, by typing 'map srp_hgn_sector42_alpha_v1_7'

Laurent

Ok but sometold me that this +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 is the wrong command for the map...
now i hope that works Khorn

Khorn

I have '+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0' set in my lauch options right now and it doesn't change anything for me.

Also, you have the pack and patch?

Laurent

Yes i have the pack and the patch

but do i need to put +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in set launch options?

i tried that but still crashed

I started the map in single and joined the server then when i was in i directly crash idk what the problem is my screen turns directly black and gmod crashes

and if i put +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in set launch options then i dont have a console

Willfear

Hi laurent its me will maybe you should download the newest patch theres two just go on the content downloads and try that i dont hav the same problem as i can only see errors so im going to try dowloading my last patch i think i will probaly crash too if soo Dload alll the patches pal :D
ELVIS! ---->   ?:OL-<

Silver Knight

Quote from: Laurent on 14-08-2010
Yes i have the pack and the patch

but do i need to put +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in set launch options?

i tried that but still crashed

I started the map in single and joined the server then when i was in i directly crash idk what the problem is my screen turns directly black and gmod crashes

and if i put +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in set launch options then i dont have a console

If you crash instantly it's because of the hunkalloclightmaps thing.

Make sure you follow these steps if so;
1. right click gmod on steam and select properties.
2. Click set launch options.
3. Copy and paste or type +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in that text area click ok.
4. close window and you are done.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Afromana

Quote from: Laurent on 14-08-2010
Just put a space between them, so its "*console variable here* +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0"
You can put as much stuff as you want there.

Laurent

Ooh Thanks  ;D

alex4576

adv dupe makes the server crash alot but if people didnt make huge ass doom bases then the server would be fine

Mikhail

why not get a server that can actually handle all the player traffic?