Sector 42: 'Faction wars'

Started by KillSlim, 30-07-2010

KillSlim

I don't know about you, but I think these new paintball arena scenarios Blake has been coming up with are fucking ridiculous, unrealistic and unnecessary.
What's wrong with just fighting over a specific piece of territory with another faction? Instead of having ALL the factions in one place abide to fucking stupid rules which make little sense in both the real world and the Stalker World.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp105/longlostblake/Nextscirmish-2.png

This scenario makes no sense, and the rules are utter bullshit.
1.) The Burst fire / Semi auto fire rule is senseless. I can see that Blake wants us to conserve ammo because we are apparently low on supplies (Because apparently factions didn't bother to bring enough supplies or equipment from the previous area to establish  a new base.)
It's my ammunition, and I can spend as much as I see fit. I have a weak weapon, so usually weak weapons have high firing rates, thus more bullets make up for lack of power. But when you're limited to single-shot-shooting with a weak, inaccurate weapon? You may as well not be involved in the fight.

2.) Bandits wouldn't get involved in a fight the size of this. I'm presuming it's Blake's excuse to get involved and get trigger happy, either way, it wouldn't happen. What inspired the sudden change from robbing lone Stalkers to engaging in Army-sized fights.

Like I've said, a scenario like this wouldn't happen. ALL the factions would not be stupid enough to all encounter each other in one single area, sit on a Military truck which wouldn't be there in the first place for 5 minutes as all the other powers pummel you to shit.

I don't mind faction wars, but when its set up like a paintball skirmish, you can forget it.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Snurf

Bird - Master Merc.

Duranblackraven

The fuck? That's fighting RIGHT outside Monolith's HQ. What's keeping us from coming up RIGHT BEHIND Duty and gunning them all down? besides bullshit ooc regulations. Hell wish in the real world conflicts we had admins flying around and picking up soldiers that don't fight like they think they should. War is never orderly, you have men and women fighting for their lives, it's chaotic at best. Commanders can only hope to make it an orderly chaos. And why the hell is Duty starting right infront of our door? Again, we'd just pop out, gun them all down, and go back inside. Cowardly? Yes. Most likely gets them all killed and not us? Totally. This is stupid, leave it to apps that allow factions to fight over set pieces of territory, not turning Mono base into a fucking paintball arena.

KillSlim

I have to agree with you Duran, I agree with everything you said.
War is not orderly, there aren't special rules set by an overseer which either side must abide to.

Afghanistan skurmish rules lulz

> NO Explosives or IEDs of any sort k?
>Even teams, so everyone part from US and Taliban needs to go home
>ONLY 1 tank per team!!!!
>U need to cap a village wich yuo need to sit on for 1 hour to cap it then launch flare
>No ramboing k? Only sprint from covver to covver

etc.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Rebel6609

Agreed with whats said above.

But in the bandits defence, they weren't in the actual war. All they did in this rp is shoot the driver and capture the supplies. So technically, they just stole the shit. and were going in and taking in, all 3 factions.

If monolith want to do so, they can. It wouldn't be against the rules for them to defend there homeland.

Also, I don't exactly know how freedom got the supplies last time, since we basicly killed them all, but even so. Military -WOULD- bring enough supplies if they were starting a new base. They aren't that stupid, and command would know what hellish things happen, and that the soldiers would need supplies. medical, Ammunition, ect ect.  So i don't understand why we can't atleast burst fire like freedom.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Snurf

Aye. I once again agree : sure, Freedom caught the supply crate first. Okay.

But how the hell did they bring it back to their base, considered at the end of the fight, they were ALL dead?

Did they call in fucking seraphs to airlift the supplies back to their base? Yarite.

And, why couldn't Military just call in a chopper to airlift the truck back to a Mili safespot? Sure, there might be anomalies in the air, but then and on, anyone in Mili would be smart enough to get the aerial anomalies mapped, and a RECENT map sent to the pilots.

Bird - Master Merc.

Commissar Nitro

choppers cant fly over sectpr 42 and trucks would have a fucking hard time getting north intact that was the whole point of this skirmish DUTY marched here carrying what they could in the packs so we ICly only have enough supplys for aporx 2 mounths. and the rules hes putting in are to try and prevent any drama about powergaming or unfair advatages and these are skirmishes not faction teritoy fights these are seprate alltogether
Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

Tom

Quote from: Snurf on 31-07-2010
Aye. I once again agree : sure, Freedom caught the supply crate first. Okay.

But how the hell did they bring it back to their base, considered at the end of the fight, they were ALL dead?

Did they call in fucking seraphs to airlift the supplies back to their base? Yarite.

And, why couldn't Military just call in a chopper to airlift the truck back to a Mili safespot? Sure, there might be anomalies in the air, but then and on, anyone in Mili would be smart enough to get the aerial anomalies mapped, and a RECENT map sent to the pilots.

Choppers can't goto sector 42, period. The faction fights are mainly to create fun STK fights were it isn't like 8 Military AND a chopper VS 2 freedomers is not fun for the freedomers, We are trying to create a way to where one side is not fucked due to time zones/ Freedom found the crate (I did) and I ran out of there without dieing, though I was un-aware that all my other team mates died. But I did find the crate and bring it out fair and square, and I don't see why your so angry about Freedom getting the supplies, THink of it as "You one the battle but lost the war." Life goes on. Plus too the territory fights are separate, and I'd assume that they would work to where you can cap the turf from the other side, but as long as the other side has numbers to match, simply so that both sides have fun instead of "LOL WE HAS 8 Dudes you has 2 we attacks nao yesh?"
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Bucky

Like Duran said, this is right outside mono HQ, and weve already captured the roof, since we have the high ground, most of the fighters would be too busy to deal with eachother due to constant fire from above...

Silver Knight

It was some event blake did- it was more of a event- it had nothing to do with faction wars.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period