S.T.A.L.K.E.R World information.

Started by Dark Angel, 20-10-2009

Dark Angel

This thread will be updated everytime i'll get some time or everytime i find out something new about the zone using books.

This thread will have all the info about Mutants/Artifacts/Anomalies that you will never find in the game , only in original books published by GSC.Since me Ravanger is takeing this over I will include mostly all information aswell as information devloped via inserver so we can kind of keep track of stalker and server lore.

Misc Information(Folklore.)

Death Trucks

Noosphere-The word is derived from the Greek word νοῦς (mind) and σφαῖρα (sphere). In the original theory created by Vernadsky, a Soviet mineralogist and geochemist, the noosphere is the third phase of the development of the Earth. The first phase is known as the geosphere, which includes inanimate matter. The second phase is the biosphere, which includes all biological life. The noosphere includes the multiverse, or simply everything that physically exists.

According to Vernadsky and Teilhard, the noosphere emerges through and is constituted by the interaction of human minds. Teilhard believed that the noosphere grows in step with humans as they populate the earth. He believed as mankind organized itself into more complex social networks, the noosphere grows in awareness. According to Teilhard, the noosphere is growing towards an even greater integration and unification as our universe evolves to the Omega point, or the maximum level of complexity and consciousness.

WishGranter-

Artifacts

Life Water - Will melt into user's body forever , healing him/her . Also can revive a dead body . Cost is 1 life for 1 life. Generated in "Canner Anomaly". Size : Ball , Light Blue similar to soul artifact. When squeezed goes sticky also generating warm air.Impossible to grab it from anomaly you will be instantly sucked in and will become an artifact.

Tulip - Only one exists in the zone. The name was "Tulip" because it looks like one. Will make zombie human again or give immortality.

Black Sun - Black ball which looks like sun was created in the tunnel right under wishgranter. Only 1 Black Sun exists. By the rumors it will save the dying person , will make zombie a human again or give you immortality. (Given only info that would stalkers know. The real ability of the Black Sun won't  be revealed.)

Teleporter - Teleporter is one of the rarest artifacts found in the zone , it's usually generated when PSY and usual Emission happen at the same time at the exact spot where the emissions connect. Teleporter remmembers the location of it's birth and when it's broken it will teleport the owner and everyone near it to the location where it was born. NB! If person is halfly in the teleporters teleportation range only half of the person will be teleported which will result in alot of gore and insta death! (Interesting but didn't find that in books yet but will keep)

Mutants Only info that isn't revealed in the game.

Burer - Burer is similar creature to Controller but is abit diffrent. Mostly they are diffrent by their look. Genetical change in burer caused his body to deform making them shorter, there are rare examples when stalkers found burers who were short but looked like humans . Later Ecologists published info that human looking burers are stalkers who got their genes changed earlier by radiation which stopped their skin from loosing it's look They can be mistaken for bandits at long ranges due to their propensity for wearing long black trenchcoats, but are a far greater threat, able to paralyze and break an opponent's armor and weapon at a whim. Definitely not an easy opponent for even experienced stalkers, made even more difficult due to their preference to travel in pairs or groups.
. Burers are also able to talk but they seem to never talk to stalkers as they potentionally hate them and prefare to eat them.They are also called by another name "Dwarfs" since there small size.
What a Burer looks like

Controller - Controllers are also humans and are similar to burers but instead of killing everyone for food they prefare to spend their time alone. There is info that controllers have humanish thinking as sometimes controllers were spotted singing , crying , talking to their selves or other controllers. There is info that controllers are more than willing to talk to stalkers as they have no hate against them unless stalker is potentionally dangerous. If stalker meets controller who isn't hungry and doesn't attempt to run it either means that controller wants someone to chat with or that he or she is busy thinking of what he or she is going to do next. 88.8% of controllers in the zone are men. When faced a controller who is not in a mood for killing it's suggested to tell him/her "Peace to you my friend" and if controller answers you the same you are free to go but it's good if you leave him/her a present (Food , Items , Clothes) if you do so they might give you the suggestion or tell something that you would never think about. Some controllers have lost their ability to clearly speak so they might contact using PSY it will cause some pain but don't hurry to kill them because usually controllers don't want to hurt you or have good protection (Zombies , Flesh , Boar etc.)

Bloodsuckers Aka Elders The original form of bloodsucker which is known as Elder bloodsuckers but are called bloodsuckers like all others.

Swamp Monster- a variation of the more common Bloodsucker. Its name stems from the fact that the creature can first be encountered in the Great Swamp. It resembles a Bloodsucker, with the same body structure, mouth tentacles and lambent eyes, but has irregular patches of dark fur on its skin, it's skin is also slightly greenish and moss-like skin compared to a regular bloodsucker. It is unknown whether the marsh creature is an entire sub-species of Bloodsuckers, or if it is actually just a single nomadic creature.

Forest Bloodsucker Aka Variant- Is a sub-species of bloodsucker.

Pseudo dog

Pseudo Giant

Poltergeist

Pyrogeist- The "Pyrogeist" is a term for a special version of the Poltergeist. It floats like the Poltergeist, but when killed, it explodes into a bloody mess, rather than dropping a body like the Poltergeist. They are distinguishable from their regular counterparts with their orange colored form instead of blue.
It's primary and only attack is spawning Burner anomalies (or at least something similar). It is easy to kill as you can kill it like conventional Poltergeists using conventional weaponry. It is an interesting note that Pyrogeists are still capable of immense psychic prowess as they are able to impede the player's progress by blocking off paths with a psychic wall or jamming a door using their psychic abilities.

Zombified Stalkers - Zombified stalkers are one of the zone's biggest jokes. Zombified stalkers are people who were taken under controll by either brain sorcher or controller. All the zombies are actually stalkers or other humans who lost their mind , usually they are easy to be manipulated but some might resist and even suicide. Zombiefied stalkers usually resist for 1-2 weeks after this period they totally loose chance of going back to normal unless they are treated by X-Toxin or artifacts. It's noticed that zombieified stalkers don't know what to do when they loose their boss (Aka controller) they will mostlikly stand in one place or will go away. There have been reports that zombified stalkers came back to the camps where they lived , because they were thinking that they are still normal. An interesting note that most of zombified stalkers think the same way as they were thinking before zombification but due to brain damage their reaction is really slow (Book Example: When main hero got zombified by suit which he got from NATO research team he knew that he is zombified but his vision went grey and even thought he was thinking that he is running in reality he was almost crawling. Chapter : Black Sun) . It's noticed that zombies can be also manipulated by artifacts which give weak PSY power to user (Brain Artifact) .Zombies have all the memories they had before zombification so they also might resist from shooting their past life friends , there were reports that sometimes zombies even helped the stalkers but ran away as soon as battle ended to void getting killed. Zombies can be made back humans using "Tulip" artifact which is lost in the zone. There have been reports with proof that zombies even keep on living after zombification for example "Zombie Date " (Chapter : Emission has opend the secrets).

Zombie-Once a zombified stalker loses most his brain functions he becomes a full blown zombies. They are only capable of the most basic of functions.
(PDA Info from a wiki.)
The Brain Scorcher strips its victim of mind and reason, leaving only an empty, mindless shell. The brainless bodies then turn into zombies, following only the most basic instincts, wandering aimlessly around the Zone without weapons or clothing. Zombies are little more than sluggish walking corpses, caring only about food and sleep. They eat and drink just about anything they can get their claws on, hence they are virtually soaked in radiation and toxic waste. Usually they roam the Zone without any apparent purpose, or just lie corpse-like in abandoned buildings. However, as soon as they sense the presence of a human being, they attack immediately. Experienced stalkers have learned to avoid them if they can.

Chimera-

Collector - One of the biggest problems for stalkers , the collectors are people who for an unknown reason lost their humanity and their main directive in the zone is to collect souls. Collectors offer stalkers deals after which they get stalkers soul , person who's soul was taken away dies usually in 3 days if soul not recieved back. To get soul back you must offer Collector a soul of bigger valuve NOTE:Importants person for stalkers might be useless for collectors. Collectors never fool people who they make deals with and they make all the wishes come true only for one soul. Collectors look like humans except for some parts , all the collectors have bloody eyes and usually speak silently. Collectors never kill people and never show any agression toward them.

Phantoms-

Snorks-

Anomalies

Eater - Eater is belived to be one of zone's face this anomaly can't be detected or can't be escaped. it's a glowing ball which follows it's prey killing everything on it's way. When it's target gets into it the anomaly will burn,twist,rip a part it's target and take form of newly born child after which they will dissapear. Also Eaters are near Canner anomaly usually.

Canner - Canner is the anomaly which generates Life Water artifact . Canner can't be activated using metal items (Bolts) . When a living object will get into the anomaly the anomaly will look like a flower and will close. When prey is inside canner will break all the bones and slowly destroy the person in a bright glow leaving a life water artifact. Canners are only located at canner field and only one's who safely collect Life Water from it are bandits. How they do it nobody knows.

Vampire - Vampire is located at the bridge leading to HK-7 lab (NK-7 In english) anomaly is un-detectable and deadly. Human can last there no longer than 20 minutes after this period of time human will go insane and die if not pulled out. Vampire sucks out energy out of everything (Life , electricty even other anomalys) . Human can last 20+60min's only if using T-10 stimulator which can't be found or bought inside and outside of the zone. Vampire is the most dangerous anomaly in the zone.

Dreamer - Dreamer is a PSY based anomaly , when living object is inside Dreamer creates ilusion of that what creature wants. While person/creature is affected by dreamer , the anomaly slowly sucks out energy out of the creature later leaving a lifeless body without eyes. Dreamer doesn't generate any artifacts.

Transformer - Transformer is one of the most powerful anomalys in the zone. The most known one is located at the Garbage. Transformer is usually an ordenary item with high magnetic power. In a week transformer might get size of a house pulling diffrent metal objects to it. When transformer gets activated it generates alot of energy and heat.Also stalkers say that transformer hypnotises it's prey making the prey throw everything to it and then walk in naked. Transformer has ability to generate ball thunders which usually kill it's prey. Transformer is one of the most dangerous and unspottable anomalys in the zone. A few people have survived seeing transformer at night.

Programs

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - S.T.A.L.K.E.R Program is the main program used by C-Con. on stalkers. When person gets S.T.A.L.K.E.R program in his/her head  it results in memory loss and a tag... Tag can be placed on any part of human body from eyelids to nails. S.T.A.L.K.E.R program is used for basic directives like termination , assassination , test , protectiong anything C-Con. wants.

U.C.K.I - U- Un C- Controlled K-Killing I-Instinct another program used by C-Con to program stalkers to instantly loose control over their mind and become killing machine till the directive is completed. Program is enabled by coded words which can be anything. Also program auto-shuts down in 1-20 minutes. U.C.K.I is not really common but sucha stalkers are in the zone and they might be one of the friendliest people you will meet untill you say the code word. If S.T.A.L.K.E.R mark could be placed everywhere C-Con wants ,then U.C.K.I is always placed on the left side of programmed person's neck.

Factions

31/55 currently released books can be seen on this website " BOOKS HERE!!!!!!!!!!! "

KillSlim

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Dark Angel

Quote from: KillSlim on 20-10-2009
Is this of any use?

Yeah instead of random pew pew and lol buy teh guns people will have something to talk about >=3.

Sine you guys are so dumb that you can't learn an easy language i've to help you 3=<

Paintcheck

The stuff that reverses Zombie-ism could be useful to people who don't like being a Reaver and want to go back.

EDIT: Got ninja'd by Les. Yeah mythical items are always fun. I can see bandits falling over themselves to find some of these.

Dark Angel

Funny thing is that. In the book bandits were only one who could bring out all the Life Waters without loosing a man >=3 but this info will be added later . I'm postwhoring here >=D

Torch

Gypsy Tears :V
They're rumored to cure any disease!

Steel

Quote from: Dark Angel on 20-10-2009
Funny thing is that. In the book bandits were only one who could bring out all the Life Waters without loosing a man >=3 but this info will be added later . I'm postwhoring here >=D
Look DarkAngel!
Stop going on about the book, its not fair, i want to read it :(

KillSlim

Quote from: KillSlim on 20-10-2009
Is this of any use?

Yeah instead of random pew pew and lol buy teh guns people will have something to talk about >=3.

Sine you guys are so dumb that you can't learn an easy language i've to help you 3=<

If you consider the server to be 'Random pew pew and lol buy teh guns' you're obviously mistaking it for CS:S. People in SRP talk about plenty of things, mainly things that matter; not non-existant items no one has heard of.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Zarrick

====================================

====================================

Pawx

I see no Wish Granter >:(

Romolski

I was just about to cover this too!

Guess I shall find another topic.

Dark Angel

Quote from: Romolski on 20-10-2009

I've been thinking about explaining what exactly Wishgranter is and it seems you guys need that , will add =)

Plunger

Quote from: Romolski on 20-10-2009

I've been thinking about explaining what exactly Wishgranter is and it seems you guys need that , will add =)
Where are the spoiler tags.

Romolski

Well I just covered a section on mutation, and was about to move on to the actual mutants, but you can have it, saves me time.

deluxulous

Quote from: Poxkillerd on 20-10-2009

If you don't know what the wish granter is, you probably shouldn't be here in STALKER RP :v

Dark Angel

Quote from: PistolKid on 20-10-2009
Quote from: Poxkillerd on 20-10-2009

If you don't know what the wish granter is, you probably shouldn't be here in STALKER RP :v

You know that in the books there is much more info about wish granter.

Did you know that when you make a wish you have to name every small part of it or wishgranter might understand you wrongly.

Like for example "The All Seeing" was one of the first stalkers who got to the wishgranter and he wished "I want zone to dissapear" (Same as bad ending for strelok) and guess what? He didn't just go blind , his eyes fell out .

This is a small example of wish granter.

Romolski

Like making deals with the Devil.

By the way, I moved on to another topic, so we're good.

Keep up your work!

Lucidius

Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Zero

Good for lore, and Ecologists will finally have things to talk about when talking about mutants.

Paintcheck

Interesting about the Controller...I might work that in next time I'm on mine.

Torch

Quote from: Paintcheck on 20-10-2009
You talk to me already D:

Paintcheck

True but slightly more malevolently then what Les posted...

I might just stick with that lol.

El Presidente

Thanks Les, this will be of great use.

Zero

Quote from: Paintcheck on 20-10-2009
I'll be sure to try that next time.