S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SWEP feedback thread

Started by Spades_Neil, 12-01-2013

Spades_Neil

This thread is for feedback regarding the balance and aesthetics of existing SRP SWEPs running the GDCW weapon base. This thread is not to suggest new SWEPs, but to adjust existing ones. This thread is not for debating the price or sale of SWEPs. It is only for how the SWEPs behave.

Be advised that this thread does not include melee or mutant weapons such as knives, claws, or controller attacks, as they run on a different base that I don't mess with.

Please only post in the following format.

[b]SWEP Name:[/b] (Insert weapon name here.)
[b]Date of last use:[/b] (When did you last use the SWEP?)
[b]Problem:[/b]
[b]Suggested change:[/b]
[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

Known issues
[spoiler]
Quote from: Tom on 27-02-2013
SWEP Name: AN-94
Date of last use: Today
Problem: Can 2 hit a suitless individual whereas the LR300 takes like 2-4 bars at most AN-94 us apparently super accurate too.
Suggested change: NERF DAMAGE
Additional Comments: Lolzy thing Duty still lost against freedom despite the fact the 5.56 guns do moot as far as damage when compared to the AN-94

According to the SWEP script, the AN-94 and AK-74M use the same bullet entity and therefore do the same range of damage. The LR-300 uses the 5.56 which, in the release, is actually slightly more powerful than the 5.45, but, the LR-300 has a problem with its animation resulting in horrible iron sights. I am looking for a new LR-300 to fix this.

Quote from: Steven :D on 27-02-2013
SWEP Name: AS-VAL, FN2K, G36, SVD.
Problem: Shit damage compared to other guns
Suggested change: Buff their damage, if your paying 25 fucking grand for an AS-VAL, it really should be able to kill easier than a god-damn AKS74u. Today I got 2 shot by an AN94 after it penetrated a sand bag right infront of me. My AS-VAL can't do shit to that.
Additional Comments: Nope

AS-VAL, VSS, and SVD are having their damage significantly increased next update. G36 and FN2000 will have their recoils reduced to compensate for the lack of stopping power. Please be aware that the T-menu prices are terribly unbalanced right now and are out of my control. For instance, an LR-300 is absurdly more expensive than an AK-74M, despite the fact that the two guns are nearly identical in the script.

Quote from: Sharrock on 27-02-2013
SWEP Name: G36
Date of last use: Yesterday
Problem: Awful recoil for a G36.
Suggested change: Reduce the recoil?
Additional Comments:

As stated in prior listing, the G36C will have its recoil reduced.
[/spoiler]

Tom

SWEP Name: AN-94
Problem: Can 2 hit a suitless individual whereas the LR300 takes like 2-4 bars at most AN-94 us apparently super accurate too.
Suggested change: NERF DAMAGE
Additional Comments: Lolzy thing Duty still lost against freedom despite the fact the 5.56 guns do moot as far as damage when compared to the AN-94
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Steven :D

SWEP Name: AS-VAL, FN2K, G36, SVD.
Problem: Shit damage compared to other guns
Suggested change: Buff their damage, if your paying 25 fucking grand for an AS-VAL, it really should be able to kill easier than a god-damn AKS74u. Today I got 2 shot by an AN94 after it penetrated a sand bag right infront of me. My AS-VAL can't do shit to that.
Additional Comments: Nope

Sharrock

SWEP Name: G36
Date of last use: Yesterday
Problem: Awful recoil for a G36.
Suggested change: Reduce the recoil?
Additional Comments:
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on