S.T.A.L.K.E.R Rules and Regulations !!!UPDATED READ OR RISK BAN!!!

Started by Silver Knight, 10-07-2010

Silver Knight

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Roleplay Rules & Regulations

[This is the Hypergaming Network Community Rules for the Stalker Role-play Server. You must follow all these rules or face the consequences, by joining the server you are agreeing to these rules.
Index
General Rules
1.0a Member Rule
2.0a Trolling
3.0a Necroposting

Server Rules
1.0b Text (Vocabulary)
2.0b Tool + Phys Gun
3.0b Out of Character
4.0b Server Respect
5.0b Item Rule
6.0b Permanent Kills
7.0b Fights = Shoot to Kill
8.0b Back-seat Admin

Table of Contents
Characters
Factions
Item
Prop Dming
Godly Roleplay
Spawn Killing
Hacks and exploits
Meta Gaming
Deathmatching
PK, TK, PI,
Other Rules

General Rules

1.0a
We are a friendly community, please respect all members. Everyone has the same rights in the community, please treat others as you wish to be treated.

2.0a
We are a mature and respectable community, we ask that you do not troll or flame this community, or others whilst wearing the Hypergaming Network tag.

3.0a
We do ask that you don't post useless posts or post in old and unused topics. We don't need to clutter up the forums with junk etc.

STALKER Server Rules

1.0b
This is a Serious Roleplay server and we have strick rules on your vocabulary.

Understable people aren't fluent in English, but we do suggest you try your best. We do
not wish to see the use of any Internet Text, such as WTF, LOL etc.

2.0b
The use of the Toolgun / Physics Gun is mainly for construction purpose. If you wish to use the Toolgun for any other than construction for roleplay purpose, you must gain admin approval (From SAs).

The use of the Physics Gun for other than construction or using objects you need to move (I.E Constructed Base Door that you have authorization to open).
If you abuse either of these Tools you could have them removed and/or have a kick/ban.

3.0b
The use of Out Of Character should be kept to a minimal (during peak time). Using Out Of Character consistantly can be a burden to roleplay, which will result in a Out Of Character delay increase.

Once the Out of Character delay is raised, you should not use other forms of communication (I.E. Broadcast, Advertising) to speak Out of Character. If you NEED to use the Out of Character fuction, please send an /ar request to the admins to post it.
You will be punished with a kick/ban if you break this rule.
Using Out of Character for any In Character purpose is a serious offense, which is known as Metagaming.

This offense is punishable with a time ban.

4.0b
This Community is built on respect and we follow this as a serious rule. In the server, you must respect EVERYONE, admins and players alike.

All players have the same right as you and admins will treat everyone with respect, you should do the same.

Failure to follow this rule is punishable with a kick/ban.

5.0b
Items belong to people, and are not just for you to take. You must either buy or make sure that no one is using/wants the item.

Items can be transfered during roleplay such as bandit robberies, but only weapons and money can be transfered.

Stealing items without consent/roleplay is a serious offence in this game and will be swiftly punished.
You will be subject to a ban for a set period.

6.0b
PK, and PI Rules
Permanently killing off another player's character requires authorization.
The act of permanently killing off another players character is not to be performed lightly.
Valid PK RP must be performed, PK's may not be performed during STK fights.
During the RP of a PK the PK'er is also at risk of permanent death.
Required Auths for PK

2 SA auths

Screen shots to be taken of SF conversations and forum PM's
An admin must also be present (Admin cannot participate in the PK and must have no stake in the PK.)

PK's may only be voided due to a legitimate complaint with the motivation and execution of the RP involved, For example if you believe the PK was performed with OOC motivations either to settle a personal grudge or to make a power grab within a faction you may request an investigation.
THE PK INVESTIGATION MUST INCLUDE ALL ADMINS WHO AUTHED IT
Only they may void the PK by majority vote amongst themselves

Required Auths Permanently Injuring

1 SA Auth

Screen shots to be taken of SF conversations and forums PM's

This system removes the application system and thus keeps the procces more private.

7.0b
All fights are considered to be Shoot to Kill. Before a fight both parties must consent to the fight.

Gear return must be declared before a STK fight otherwise by default it is not gear return.

If you kill someone without having consent or roleplayed actions before, it will be considered as Deathmatching.
You will be subject to a kick/ban.

Do not abuse medkits during an STK fight, it is considered unfair, and ban worthy.

The only exception to this are mutants, which are STM and must be roleplayed unless agreed upon otherwise, though they can be STK'ed if they are in a Major Faction Base, or easily visible from it.

8.0b
The administration team are the only ones who is allowed to perform judgement upon players.

Any non-admin players should just leave any problems within the server to the administration team, and not try to influence their decision.

Trying to do the above mentioned, is called "Back seat admining" this is not cool and is really annoying. You will probably be kicked for doing this.

An interpretation of Roleplay: Role Playing is creating a story with characters, and playing one of the characters within the story. Role Playing can be anything, anytime, anywhere, with any props at hand. Role Playing does not require a script, models, textures, or even a graphical interface to be done, and if done properly, can lead to amazing, in-depth stories with shockingly realistic characters.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Character Rules

Age rule: All players must be above the age of 18, however most S.T.A.L.K.E.R's are well above 20 years old, people bellow 25 are expected to roleplay weak unexperienced STALKERS due to being so young.

Nationality Rule: STALKERS are generally Ukranian or some nationality in the former USSR which generally have some form of Russian relation. Characters outside of this need to be authorised by an admin. ( This set of rules is under revision but won't likely change all that much )

Female Characters: There are very few females in the zone, it is dominated by a male presence and due to the zone being a lawless place females are very vulnerable due to them being of the opposite sex in a male dominated area. All players wanting to roleplay a female character must get authorised to do so. (This set of rules is under revision but won't likely change all that much )

Superhuman Characters: All characters are human and nothing more. There is no ex-spetsnaz and such in the zone, all stalkers and faction members (excluding military, ecologists and various mercenaries) are normal people who have managed to sneak into the zone, and have very little experience with survival and such. Mutants are the only exception to this.

Fear roleplay: Due to many characters lack of experience, there should be more Fear Role-play with your characters, even experienced characters should experience Fear, but  not on a similar level as an inexperienced character.

Factions
Factions are large groups of people, there are 4 main factions; Duty, Freedom, Monolith and Military and one sub faction; Ecologists. Player made "factions" are called groups, unless they have over 20 members, which would class them as a faction.

Mutants/Bandits/Mercs/trader are faction status however they are all divided so they should be referred to as faction "types".

i.)Main Faction Rule:
You may only be in one main faction at one time, aka if your in Duty, you may not be in freedom but you can be in military or monolith. This does not apply to sub factions of faction types.

ii.)Faction Jumping:
Factions are set places and you cannot just leave as you see fit. By applying to a Faction, your are agreeing to their rules and terms, and all factions leaders have the right to Permanent Kill your character with a valid reason without application.

If you decide to leave a faction, your character will be permenantly killed unless authorized by the faction leader to have it voided.

iii.)Faction Territory:
Faction territory are bases or outposts which are governed by a faction, places which are not governed are called "Deadzones" and are up for grabs by any group or faction. Some deadzones may be infested by mutants. There is only one exception to Faction territory and that is the ecologists lab which is located on several maps.

You can view the current Faction territory here.

iv.)Capturing Faction Territory:
A faction may challenge another faction for territory, the other faction must accept the challenge or forfeit that territory, SA's may authorize that the challenge be denied entirely however on the grounds of abuse/disruption/inappropriate.

v.) Maintaining Faction Territory:
All factions (Other than military\ecologists) are subject to maintaining the territory they govern, they must assign 3 members per outpost and 5 to their HQ, if they do not have enough members they cannot govern\control that territory.

vi.) Faction attacks against Factions - involving bases.:
Factions must declare in event (/ev) that they are preparing an attack against another faction and then another before the attack starts.

All factions have to declare if they are going to attack a base or outpost or some form of faction controlled territory. This must be done as a event If it is a surprise attack the defending faction must act as if they are being surprised ( That means no crowding around each other and such things that would mean the defenders are metagaming) however OOCly they should know. ICLY they should not, during a surprised attack.

Parameters (like gear returns, stm etc) should be declared before the fight (before bloodshed) and before the event has started.

All icly motives should be /evented and the rules layed out.
aka "Freedom is attacking the Duty Checkpoint"
and "The event is STM and gear turns are allowed"

Such events are best monitored with admins overhead to avoid confusion, metagaming and injustice.

vii.) Faction attacks against Factions - STK Fights.:

Any fight involving factions has to be even or close to even in numbers per side. (IE: you can have a 1 or two man advantage)

Silver Knight

Prop DMing
Prop DMing: Defined by Rohok as using a prop (Anything that can be picked up using a physics gun, or gravity gun) to kill or attempt to kill another player on the server in any way, shape, or form.

Prop Spamming: Defined by Rohok as repeatedly spawning (Using the Q menu, or duplicator/adv duplicator tool) props (Anything that can be picked up using a physics gun, or gravity gun) for any reason. Does not need to have malicious intent.

Prop Spamming: Ban until server restart, or perma ban. Depending on the severity and intent.

Godly Roleplay

Godly Role Play is the act of treating yourself as an unstoppable, or otherwise invicible person who seems to be impervious to all manner of assault. Including dodging bullets, dodging every punch thrown at you, running away while being hit by bullets fifty times, killing people instantly with /me's.

ALSO KNOWN AS POWERGAMING, AND GODMODING

Spawn Killing
The act of killing someone when they spawn, giving them no time to act.

Hacks and Exploits

Exploits: An exploit is the act of using a bug in the script, game, or map to gain an advantage over other players. IE: Duping weapons, selling guns that spawn with flags, no-colliding walls/doors, getting under the map, etc.

Hacks: This is using things like radar, ESP, TacoBot, aimbot, etc to gain an advantage over other players.

Your first offense is your last offense. These aren't allowed anywhere else, what makes you think they're allowed here?

Meta Gaming
Using information that you know OOC, for IC purposes.

Using information you do not know.

Claiming you're the master of the universe and you know everybody's name.

Etc, etc... Using radar to find where people are.

Deathmatching
Deathmatching is the act of killing people for no reason at all, or for a very silly reason. This is up to the admins to decide what deathmatching is, so try to Role Play everything you do regardless of if you think you have to.

Silver Knight

PK, and PI Rules
Permanently killing off another player's character requires authorization.
The act of permanently killing off another players character is not to be performed lightly.
Valid PK RP must be performed, PK's may not be performed during STK fights.
During the RP of a PK the PK'er is also at risk of permanent death.
Required Auths for PK

2 SA auths

Screen shots to be taken of SF conversations and forum PM's
An admin must also be present (Admin cannot participate in the PK and must have no stake in the PK.)

PK's may only be voided due to a legitimate complaint with the motivation and execution of the RP involved, For example if you believe the PK was performed with OOC motivations either to settle a personal grudge or to make a power grab within a faction you may request an investigation.
THE PK INVESTIGATION MUST INCLUDE ALL ADMINS WHO AUTHED IT
Only they may void the PK by majority vote amongst themselves

Required Auths Permanently Injuring

1 SA Auth

Screen shots to be taken of SF conversations and forums PM's

This system removes the aplication system and thus keeps the procces more private.

Silver Knight

Donator Suits.

-In the event that your donator model becomes a suit, you cannot simply have it. You must actually pay for it and must actually buy it from a trader (The trader has a right not to sell you your suit). This rule is put in to place to prevent people from donating for high tier suits just so that they can out of the blue have a high tier suit. (Or any suit in that matter). We're not running a pay-to-win MMORPG.-

You may also have to follow the necessary applications for suits if it is a high tier suit.

*Will add more rules that are related to donators later
~Tom

Silver Knight

killer42240

Chaos

You've really been workin your ass off on SRP lately. I disagree with the Female character rule, SRP is already too much of a sausage fest. Also an exception to bumping if it's something useful.

Paintcheck

It's to stop all the lolfemales that people have been playing who are all lesbian sniper wolf-esque bitches who aren't remotely realistic.

Tom

Quote from: Paintcheck on 18-07-2010
It's to stop all the lolfemales that people have been playing who are all lesbian sniper wolf-esque bitches who aren't remotely realistic.

Exactly, which brings me to my Female char which luckily i've only RP'ed with a few folks on this char, Which I plan to RP her alot differently since, well. . . Quite frankly I've "Lolfemaled" RG's char.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Reorp

I have just signed up, from seeing the server on my favorites list, but never being able to play it cause of missing map. I did research and everything and found this website finally. I play as a female character on most Role-Play servers and i would like authorization to be able to play as a female character. I can handle harassment of anytime most of the time. If this is not how you do this type of stuff by asking for authorization to play as a female character on this board then I'm sorry. I'm just a newbie to this server and website.

Ace of Hearts

Quote from: Reorp on 16-08-2010
I have just signed up, from seeing the server on my favorites list, but never being able to play it cause of missing map. I did research and everything and found this website finally. I play as a female character on most Role-Play servers and i would like authorization to be able to play as a female character. I can handle harassment of anytime most of the time. If this is not how you do this type of stuff by asking for authorization to play as a female character on this board then I'm sorry. I'm just a newbie to this server and website.

That's not how you ask; Contact an Administrator (Of SV rank or above) directly to get Auths.

Reorp

Quote from: SimplyStealth on 16-08-2010
Quote from: Reorp on 16-08-2010

That's not how you ask; Contact an Administrator (Of SV rank or above) directly to get Auths.
So i should just pm Exile or someone with a high rank?

Ace of Hearts

You could do that... Or you could add them to Steam or something of that sort.

Reorp

Quote from: SimplyStealth on 16-08-2010
You could do that... Or you could add them to Steam or something of that sort.
Oh ok thank you very much! <3

alex4576

you should have it in different languages also exile

Turkey

Quote from: Wings on 30-10-2010
THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN BY A FAGGOT WHO LIVES IN THE UK AND DOSNE'T BRUSH HIS TEEH

Double what.

rasse_boy

Wow this is the first time I'm reading this much lol well the rules are actually really good but there is a few ppl who doesnt follow most of them and thats really sad caus these rules are just common sense^^
Cookie monster says hello :D

Silver Knight

Quote from: alex4576 on 24-08-2010
you should have it in different languages also exile

Do i look like a frenchman? No?

Bittercup

Spades_Neil

Immortal One

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP:
Vladmir "Anomaly" Kuzmenko-Alive Freedom

Poopship

Quote from: Immortal One on 22-06-2011
How, or where do i aply for toolgun/phsygun?

In the Toolgun/Physgun section :D

Immortal One

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP:
Vladmir "Anomaly" Kuzmenko-Alive Freedom

Khorn

One, you're not looking hard enough.

Two, something tells me you don't have the right auths from admins yet anyways.