Removing military as a Major faction?

Started by klp4, 10-01-2010

klp4

Alright folks, this might just be the most bad idea you've ever heard, or it might be something interesting.

I'm gonna do this abit simple, so that everyone understands the idea.

Military back in the old days.
- A lot of active members.
- People wanting in.
- A powerfull faction.
- A fun faction to rp with(for outsiders)
- A faction who did a lot of rp with STALKERS and outsiders, not as aggresive as now.
- Players had fun almost all the time while being a soldier in the military.

Military today.

- An aggresive faction. Rping with themselves most of the time.
Not such a powerull faction.
Players tend to stay away from the military. (As in the games, yes)
- Players in the faction gets bored quite easily and leave.
- Players complaing about not having so much fun when rping as a soldier in the military.

Now, ofcourse we still have fun in the military sometimes and I'm not writing this in a way to complain about the military at all. I'm just stating facts.
I love the military, and I love being in it because it's a great faction. A lot of people want to be in it because a lot of us thinks that the Military in general, is something cool.

When I wrote the topic about freshen up the military, some people wanted us to be more aggresive, be rude to STALKERS and shoot warning shots when they get too close etc, and I understand that, since that's how the military is in the actual games.
I can say that I enjoy being that kind of military sometimes, and I know that other people do that too, but at some point, almost everyone that is a soldier, gets tired of it and wants to rp as another character since the military is abit "off" from the rest of the Zone.

Yes, I know that that is how it's supposed to be, and that's how it is in the games, but to make everyone have a great time while playing on SRP, I suggest that we do something about it.
Jackal suggested the other day that having a Major Loner faction might be something fun and interesting, so what if we would remove the military as a Major faction and introduce a Major Loner faction instead? I know that this migt sound really "fucked up" but think about it for a second. Perhaps it would open up A LOT more new RP situations and people having a lot more fun? Just a suggestion, and there's also A LOT of positive things about this idea, and ofcourse negative.

I have tons of stuff that I could add to this this post right away, but I want to hear what everyone has to say about it first.
Please, do me a favour, think about it for a second before you answer.

Remember, I'm not writing this just to complain or to say bad stuff about the Military.
I'm writing this because I believe that this might be something interesting. It's for sure a fucked p idea, but it might also work.

Thank you.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

KingArthur

B-B-B-B-ut.... The... Military is a major part of stalker :(

Dark Angel

I'm against mili getting removed from Major factions! Guys common do we have to guide every your step? If you have played the game there are so many things you can do... Cap stalkers , make raids , make deals with bandits or traders! That's only from the games! Think about all the books that are out? (44) currently.

Major loner faction is good idea as it actually exists . From the loners there are 2 kinds! Just loners and Faction Loners... aka these are Loner Stalkers and Stalkers ! I do support Loner Faction and i don't support removing mili from MF!

Smirnoff

Even though all the arguments you stated was true (about being off and such9 i dont see what difference it would make if it was moved from a forum board to another forum board, military would still be military, put there by the government to contain the zone
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Steel

Quote from: Dark Angel on 10-01-2010

Major loner faction is good idea as it actually exists . From the loners there are 2 kinds! Just loners and Faction Loners... aka these are Loner Stalkers and Stalkers ! I do support Loner Faction and i don't support removing mili from MF!

That point you made there i heavily agree with.
But Klp does have a hell of alot of good points, you need to think about them indepth, and not as just words on a page.

Cobra

Just give Juda's Military leader he will set things straight.

klp4

You're right Smirnoff. But the idea is not just to remove it from a board. It's to create a whole new major faction, creating new roleplay oppertunities etc. Leaving the military as a major faction.

Yes Dark, you're right. There are a lot of stuff that we could do. But, no offense, but you do not know how it works within the military on the server. Players want different sort of stuff, the higher ranks are sometimes too tired to set up a raid or something simillar and not everyone is on at the same time.

YES, there are a lot of stuff that we can do. BUT, you can't get it all to work just like that. If that would be the case, I wouldn't have written this topic in the begining.

EDIT- Scruffy, sure that might change a few things, but we'll end up here some time again. Radek has done a hell of a job, for a long time and now Assas is doing a hell of a job too while Radek is gone.

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Smirnoff

i'm sure radek could straighten things out as well, its just that his computer crashed and hasen't been too active in a while.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

klp4

Ofcourse it's easy to say that the situation is like this just because of an inactive leader, but that's not all that has to do with it. You gotta see it in a greater perspective.

And, Assas is doing a great job as acting leader. He has changed a lot of the stuff in Military, but that doesn't change who we are or what we do, or, people's thoughts about being in the military these days.

Dark Angel

Quote from: Scruffy on 10-01-2010
Just give Juda's Military leader he will set things straight.

I would say i'm not sure that Judas will manage it... Radek is perfect for that.

Quote from: klp4 on 10-01-2010
You're right Smirnoff. But the idea is not just to remove it from a board. It's to create a whole new major faction, creating new roleplay oppertunities etc. Leaving the military as a major faction.

Yes Dark, you're right. There are a lot of stuff that we could do. But, no offense, but you do not know how it works within the military on the server. Players want different sort of stuff, the higher ranks are sometimes too tired to set up a raid or something simillar and not everyone is on at the same time.

YES, there are a lot of stuff that we can do. BUT, you can't get it all to work just like that. If that would be the case, I wouldn't have written this topic in the begining.

EDIT- Scruffy, sure that might change a few things, but we'll end up here some time again. Radek has done a hell of a job, for a long time and now Assas is doing a hell of a job too while Radek is gone.

Mili's act too much like killing machine. In the books and in the games they also spend time drinking , playing games (Cards / Chess etc. not twister) , chatting  some even sneak out to stalker bars just to get some drinks , because even thought mili is IG agressive to stalkers in the books they interact alot. Aka PvT can easily go and bring for example Vodka to Gen. just because that ordered it!

Guys you have really wrong opinion about army in the zone and russian at all. For a better understanding i would suggest "9th Company" and all stalker books or atleast read Wiki .

Smirnoff

Belive me when i say i diden't mean with that post that it was Radek's fault, the situation could probably be solved more easily if military was allowed to stretch the limit's sometime more then they should in IRL. like maybe go and have a drink and gamble a little with duty without drawing so much attention, (and maybe forum whine as well)

Steel

In honesty... i think the concentration needs to be on the other major factions, military dosent play much of a role in the server anymore, they are all to themselves now. Eco calls for assistance, military turn up and so do duty, i think military themselves are becoming somewhat obsolete.

Smirnoff

so your saying that we shoul just leave military to its fate and "concentrate on other factions?" rather then trying to do something about the problem?

klp4

Quote from: Smirnoff on 10-01-2010
belive me when i say i diden't mean with that post that it was radek's fault, the situation could probably be solved more easily if military was allowed to stretch the limit's sometime more then they sould in irl. like maybe go and have a drink and gamble a little with duty without drawing so much attention, (and maybe forum whine as well9

I agree with you mate. That's how it used to be, and that could indeed work.

Steel

so your saying that we shoul just leave military to its fate and "concentrate on other factions?" rather then trying to do something about the problem?

No im saying, this would open up new oppertunities, like what dark and Klp stated, about having "Faction" Loners.
The concept of RP in that area of things has ten times more potential than military has.

deluxulous

Mili is not obsolete. They are here to contain the zone, like someone said earlier. As long as they are trying to fulfill that, they aren't.

Anyways, Dark Angel makes some good points.

They just need to be friendlier to the populace. I'm not saying give them hugs all the time, just don't go around shooting their faces off because they sneezed in your general direction.

Smirnoff

Don't be carebears like you are now. As Dark Angel said, be agressive / spiteful / cocks to Stalkers and anyone not a member of the Military or Duty.

Those were the words said by both Dark Angel and Killslim a few days ago in the fresh up thread also made by Klp4

Not to be a forum troll but.. well

Steel

Quote from: PistolKid on 10-01-2010
Mili is not obsolete. They are here to contain the zone, like someone said earlier. As long as they are trying to fulfill that, they aren't.

Thats in stalker and Canon.
Im on about on our stalker, in SRP.

klp4

Like Jackal said, it does.

I do love the military, but following the current games won't work in the end on a Roleplay server in a game. It's just that we have to losen up abit like the old days if we want Military to grow powerfull and active again. All of you who played on SRP back on Redemption know what I mean.

klp4

Don't be carebears like you are now. As Dark Angel said, be agressive / spiteful / cocks to Stalkers and anyone not a member of the Military or Duty.

Those were the words said by both Dark Angel and Killslim a few days ago in the fresh up thread also made by Klp4

Not to be a forum troll but.. well

Smirn is right, we did all that because we wanted to see what people want out from us. We followed ideas and wishes. Now, that doesn't work for us in the end as you can see.

Dark Angel

Also guys don't forget that it's well known that Russian mili is most ridicilous because of that higher ranks can send lower rank on enemy territory for a pack of smoke. I suggest reading Wiki and watching Documental Films

Radek

I see your point but the mili ain't leaving major factions and if we want to be "nicer" to stalkers we can still so that and follow the cannon, in call of pripyat the military dosent shoot on sight. I'm sorry but I don't see how a major loner faction would work, there is a reason freedom military and duty are considers major factions. There is no such thing as a loner faction, the current major factions are all military groups you can't really call them anything but their names it's duty not some group of random military drop outs. Freedom probably started out as a loner group and grew untill they had enough guys and suddely it wasent that annoying pot smoking group of loners it was the annoying pot smoking freedom faction. My point is you can't have a major loner group sence loner groups become major factions when they have enough members and have been around for long enough. The military is growing stronger every day btw so don't worry about us. ( btw what's a documental film? A document gone insane? And this is the ukranian military, not the Russian. And my iPod is to blame for the random words that pop up sometimes, fucking word suggestions)
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

KingArthur

Radek! COME BACK- LOAD GMOD ON YOUR IPHONE NOA

klp4

lol he's typing from his Ipod. He is desperate!

Well guys, what do you all say about the military going back to how we were in the god ol days?

Smirnoff

I'd say we give it a try, if it doesen't work out, well, we can just go back and pretend nothing happend, although im pretty sure that won't be needed.