Refunding system

Started by rawrmon, 21-07-2009

rawrmon

Since the save system on the server isn't exactly fool proof (I'm not saying it's bad), we should get a refundance system.

My only suggestion is that we send in pictures of our inventories with date and time, and hope that people does not abuse this.

By the way, here are some pictures I took in case I lost any items because of the save system being weird. I found this very smart, because I acctually did. And no, I did not get looted. It was the save system.
Right now I'm missing two army medkits, a G36, and a AKS-74u. I don't need the AK though, because of the simple fact that I spawn with it. If I could get the other items refunded, it would be great.

(DD/MM/YYYY)

I now know how to save items properly, so this will--hopefully--not be a problem again.
rawr.

Turnkey

Why are you all so obsessed with items. It's all about money and items, instead of hunting for guns, you should all sit down and improve your rp. I see hell a lot of bad rp when im somtimes on the server. people rather likes spending all day in the arena earning guns, money and dming each other with minimum rp, than actually do some quality roleplaying.

Assassinator

Hard to RP in a server "all about killing" (<----We're missing good RPers) without a weapon. Kind of.

rawrmon

Quote from: Turnkey on 21-07-2009
Why are you all so obsessed with items. It's all about money and items, instead of hunting for guns, you should all sit down and improve your rp. I see hell a lot of bad rp when im somtimes on the server. people rather likes spending all day in the arena earning guns, money and dming each other with minimum rp, than actually do some quality roleplaying.

I'm not obsessed with items. I just think it's dumb that I lost something I "worked quite hard to get," for no reason. I try to improve my RP, and I also try avoid shooting people - at least without RPing.
I do not like DMing, and I do not like people who don't do things properly.
Stalker Roleplay is IN FACT a roleplay server, not a Counter-Strike server where the goal is to shoot everything you see.
rawr.

Paintcheck

The problem with screenshots is that yes you can prove you had the weapon but you can't prove you lost it due to the inventory glitch. For all the admins know you could have sold your Exo/SVD/FN2000/insert high end weapon here and are now trying to get a new one spawned for you. That's why longlostblake won't ever respawn anything.

ISPYUDIE

This is utterly off topic so sorry but,

My inventory looks slightly different as in the menu style..... wierd.

Zero

In a way I support and don't support this, sure it would be nice to be able to get our lost items back but whats to say you lied about the entire thing and get something you didn't earn, if this system does come, we need to keep a track of all items traded to and from traders and other people, so we have proof it happened and we can be assured it was earned, otherwise we might accidently give someone a exosuit when he never earned it.

Basicly it would be like, Traders say he bought said weapon, admins check and see that he bought said weapon, its all there in the logs, and the player is returned said weapon,
Someone who just wants free stuff wouldn't earn the said weapon because logs and the trader said he never earned the weapon.

Of course I'm just saying what I think would work, it doesn't have to go this way.

Paintcheck

Quote from: zero628 on 21-07-2009
In a way I support and don't support this, sure it would be nice to be able to get our lost items back but whats to say you lied about the entire thing and get something you didn't earn, if this system does come, we need to keep a track of all items traded to and from traders and other people, so we have proof it happened and we can be assured it was earned, otherwise we might accidently give someone a exosuit when he never earned it.

Basicly it would be like, Traders say he bought said weapon, admins check and see that he bought said weapon, its all there in the logs, and the player is returned said weapon,
Someone who just wants free stuff wouldn't earn the said weapon because logs and the trader said he never earned the weapon.

Of course I'm just saying what I think would work, it doesn't have to go this way.

That would take probably more effort to implement than fixing the inventory system would lol.

rawrmon

Quote from: Paintcheck on 21-07-2009
The problem with screenshots is that yes you can prove you had the weapon but you can't prove you lost it due to the inventory glitch. For all the admins know you could have sold your Exo/SVD/FN2000/insert high end weapon here and are now trying to get a new one spawned for you. That's why longlostblake won't ever respawn anything.

Indeed I cannot prove this. That is why the system I proposed is weak. It goes on honesty.
I had hoped that this community was mature and honest for this.
I'm tired and quite drunk. Good night.

-----------------------------------
Case closed.
Thanks, Devster, Dom, and of course, Doomburger. I owe you guys lots.
You may lock this thread now, if you want to. I'd like to keep it open for further discussion, though.
rawr.

Assassinator

You don't owe your commander stuffz? Dang...

rawrmon

No. You're just yelling at me all the time IC lol
rawr.

TankMan

thx for the awseome system

Plunger

There really should be an official rule though, It seems to be up to the admins right now and everyone has a different policy.

Bagelz

There are quite a few ways to get the items back you lose...You can figure it out yourself though.

klp4

Yeah, though a system would be pretty cool
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Creeding

OR

1, We fix the inventory glitch
2, http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/index.php?topic=2431.0
3, Aim into the air when droping items, it stop its from falling throu the floor.
This message may or may not be endorsed by Creeding and he is by no means held to any comments, posts or any of the like made... Oh, and no. I dont like fancy pancy signatures.