Reason why the server dies 2013

Started by Gokiller, 10-05-2013

Gokiller

When joking around is too much for some people that they have to join the server just to ban you and leave right after. Lol

lhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpSu77yl5W0#

liamrew

Reorp

Lucky Pig

Or when people like me join just for the pleasure of getting an admin to kick you.

nKe

I could make a list of reasons why SRP sucks dies every second week, but the circlejerk TRIAL Operators would probably get mad at me because GEAR is all that matters and it's fun to spawn gear for your friends or "find" in empty server.
Atleast we don't have weeaboo chrs like that TnB shitstain, huh?

Steven :D

Quote from: Nik3 on 10-05-2013I could make a list of reasons why SRP sucks dies every second week, but the circlejerk TRIAL Operators would probably get mad at me because GEAR is all that matters and it's fun to spawn gear for your friends or "find" in empty server. Atleast we don't have weeaboo chrs like that TnB shitstain, huh?
I don't understand why theres an exo already while everybody else is poor as shit lol
EDIT: what is this, 1% rp?

nKe

Quote from: Steven :D on 10-05-2013I don't understand why theres an exo already while everybody else is poor as shit lol EDIT: what is this, 1% rp?

By the looks of it, I hang around with wrong admins and don't seem to get precious gear without actually RPing.
Also I would like to remind everyone that I'm from Finland and if it seems like that I'm implying something, it's just because my english skills are very, very limited and bad so remember that I'm not implying anything.

Vortigoat

Quote from: Nik3 on 10-05-2013
Quote from: Steven :D on 10-05-2013I don't understand why theres an exo already while everybody else is poor as shit lol EDIT: what is this, 1% rp?

By the looks of it, I hang around with wrong admins and don't seem to get precious gear without actually RPing.
Also I would like to remind everyone that I'm from Finland and if it seems like that I'm implying something, it's just because my english skills are very, very limited and bad so remember that I'm not implying anything.

Seems like this guy is implying something.

Gokiller

Gear > RP
OOC > IC
Events >Activity
Admins > Players.
Abusing > Playing legit
Gliching > Earning.

Come on guys get with it.

lolKieck

Believe it or not, but one of the reasons SRP is dying is the script. At the moment Silver is porting all the crap to Star Wars, meanwhile SRP is neglected and poor (in features). And Rarr, well-made events = Activity, because at the moment the only character progression you can do is RPing that someone minged.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Tom

Because we totally don't have several non-factioners/non-admins who have sevas/other high tier suits and all kinds of other cool shit (Including Nke).

Quote from: Nik3 on 10-05-2013I could make a list of reasons why SRP sucks dies every second week, but the circlejerk TRIAL Operators would probably get mad at me because GEAR is all that matters and it's fun to spawn gear for your friends or "find" in empty server. Atleast we don't have weeaboo chrs like that TnB shitstain, huh?

I love it when people cry "TRIAL ADMIN SUPER ABUSE OMG! THEY ARE SPAWNING GEAR FOR THEMSELVES", and then have zero proof. Hell I bet if I checked the logs I wouldn't find proof of abuse (I can't check the logs for some reason). Then if I did find proof I couldn't do anything and nothing would likely happen (Someone would accuse me of bias and any other amounts of bullshit).
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

nKe

Quote from: Tom on 10-05-2013Because we totally don't have several non-factioners/non-admins who have sevas/other high tier suits and all kinds of other cool shit (Including Nke).

That reminds me, I need to pay back the SEVA someday.
( Sorry Rarr, I forgot <3 )

jaik

Quote from: Tom on 10-05-2013I can't check the logs for some reason

that would require ftp access or silver coding a system that would upload each log file somewhere.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Tom

Quote from: Jake on 10-05-2013
that would require ftp access or silver coding a system that would upload each log file somewhere.

Then I'll never be able to check the logs and the only way to catch the "abuse" would be to witness it first hand.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Lucky Pig

Quote from: Tom on 10-05-2013
Quote from: Jake on 10-05-2013

Then I'll never be able to check the logs and the only way to catch the "abuse" would be to witness it first hand.
Good to know... I keed.

In all seriousness, the whole community is slowly dying off. I suppose it might be just my delusions, but everything has seemed empty around here lately...

nKe

If we look on the bright side of this; Chance of someone glitching and abusing stuff on the server is 0 % at the moment.
I guess something's been done right here.

Midgetonic

Quote from: Nik3 on 10-05-2013If we look on the bright side of this; Chance of someone glitching and abusing stuff on the server is 0 % at the moment. I guess something's been done right here.
hahaha...thats a good way to look at it. I don't think there is any way of bringing HGN back other communities have "advanced" (if you will) way to much for HGN to ever make come back. As in, right now there is zero reason to rp on an HGN server when there are four or so others of the same genre with 10+ people on. Why even focus on making any aspects of the server better or improve the script when no one even plays on the dayum server (maybe 10/45 max on a weekend for 2 hours, you get what i mean). Maybe a community merge (*Im shot by firing squad*) or maybe the powers that be just give it up put an end to the decaying community, idk really.
I've come to the conclusion that...Sadly, there really is no way of fixing it anymore, maybe a year ago the condition of the community was salvageable and could have been handled better to acquire new players and keep the old ones around but that didn't happen (obviously). So maybe if somehow every other srp fails then maybe HGN will get some people back. I guess on the bright side the community leaders here could start posting on other forums and what not advertising the servers, but that will probably end in bashing because of the general "rping" public's opinion on HGN as a community.

And I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or try to insult the community, if anything I'm saddened by it. This was my first RP server and I loved it. Played for two or three years and I have great memories on the server (SRP in specific), but I think it's gotten to that tipping point where there is no way back up now..unless Star Wars rp brings new players about, which is unlikely because of HGN's rep and or small community of actual dedicated players. :(..But hey there is always a new day and other games to play so take it or leave it.
-Just my rambled 2 cents, peace homiez

Otto

Quote from: Midgetonic on 17-05-2013hahaha...thats a good way to look at it. I don't think there is any way of bringing HGN back other communities have "advanced" (if you will) way to much for HGN to ever make come back. As in, right now there is zero reason to rp on an HGN server when there are four or so others of the same genre with 10+ people on. Why even focus on making any aspects of the server better or improve the script when no one even plays on the dayum server (maybe 10/45 max on a weekend for 2 hours, you get what i mean). Maybe a community merge (*Im shot by firing squad*) or maybe the powers that be just give it up put an end to the decaying community, idk really.
I've come to the conclusion that...Sadly, there really is no way of fixing it anymore, maybe a year ago the condition of the community was salvageable and could have been handled better to acquire new players and keep the old ones around but that didn't happen (obviously). So maybe if somehow every other srp fails then maybe HGN will get some people back. I guess on the bright side the community leaders here could start posting on other forums and what not advertising the servers, but that will probably end in bashing because of the general "rping" public's opinion on HGN as a community.

And I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or try to insult the community, if anything I'm saddened by it. This was my first RP server and I loved it. Played for two or three years and I have great memories on the server (SRP in specific), but I think it's gotten to that tipping point where there is no way back up now..unless Star Wars rp brings new players about, which is unlikely because of HGN's rep and or small community of actual dedicated players. :(..But hey there is always a new day and other games to play so take it or leave it.
-Just my rambled 2 cents, peace homiez

pretty much, actually

Silver Knight

Midgetonic, you talk the talk but you have been at tnb for two years now, you bailed on us for them when they took our concept and content and monopolized it for money. In essence if you were so sad you would stop playing there and play here where it all started.

The problem is getting people on at the right time and keeping them entertained and on the server. That can only be achieved with good active admins, on-going content development and players being motivated to stay on.

All of which is hard to juggle as they are all reflective on each other. Right now people don't want to get on due to the latest update messing up hl2\ep1\ep2 content so that everything is errors\missing textures right now. Oddly enough our playerbase used to be mostly american but now it seems to be more European and yet most of our admins are infact american, that's a weird change.

Quote from: Midgetonic on 17-05-2013I don't think there is any way of bringing HGN back other communities have "advanced" (if you will) way to much for HGN to ever make come back. As in, right now there is zero reason to rp on an HGN server when there are four or so others of the same genre with 10+ people on.  

What exactly do you mean by "advanced"?

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tom

"Updates with Source/Gmod messed everything up" isn't the reason why people don't get on. Of course you know my theories and opinions I'm not going to waste time posting them here.
Oh boy.

Midgetonic

Quote from: SilverKnight on 17-05-2013Midgetonic, you talk the talk but you have been at tnb for two years now, you bailed on us for them when they took our concept and content and monopolized it for money. In essence if you were so sad you would stop playing there and play here where it all started. The problem is getting people on at the right time and keeping them entertained and on the server. That can only be achieved with good active admins, on-going content development and players being motivated to stay on. All of which is hard to juggle as they are all reflective on each other. Right now people don't want to get on due to the latest update messing up hl2\ep1\ep2 content so that everything is errors\missing textures right now. Oddly enough our playerbase used to be mostly american but now it seems to be more European and yet most of our admins are infact american, that's a weird change.
Quote from: Midgetonic on 17-05-2013I don't think there is any way of bringing HGN back other communities have "advanced" (if you will) way to much for HGN to ever make come back. As in, right now there is zero reason to rp on an HGN server when there are four or so others of the same genre with 10+ people on.
What exactly do you mean by "advanced"?
This is long I am sorry no one likes to read long shit. Read it at ya own will I guess.

Eh I hoped you didn't take this as an attack. To set the record straight. I joined tnb in 2011 yes (I'm assuming you looked at my forum account there), I played once and thought it was shit at that time though. So I stayed with HGN up until last summer where I became engrossed in TNB after SRP for hgn was shut down over that summer as well. I stopped playing TNB srp after that summer and awaited the release of HGN SRP in the fall I think it was. I played for a week or so and it got old and so did rp for me to be honest. I didn't really rp at all after that up until January/February of this year where I tried out HGN SRP once again, but to be honest after playing both TNB and HGN rps there was no valid reason for me to stay with hgn (As in #people, content, and opportunity to rp). So I played TNB in late winter and have been on and off with it ever since.  

As to talk on your points "you talk the talk but you have been at tnb for two years now, you bailed on us for them when they took our concept and content and monopolized it for money. In essence if you were so sad you would stop playing there and play here where it all started"
Well I'm not sure what talk I talk, but maybe you can explain that, fact is I still played HGN SRP more so then HGN and I mean a lot more. " you bailed on us for them when they took our concept and content and monopolized it for money"...a monopoly on what, also dont you do the same thing just from GSC for HGN donation models. The only models or w/e you are talking about that cost money are the donation models which are made to your liking not pre-set. Also stolen content and concept? The stolen content aspect is quite asinine if you ask me. Do you think they really would of ported the Stalker models/playermodels and what not if they were already easily available, I.E "your" content and other shit on GMOD.org and what not. The concept is well, concepts are stolen all of the time in gaming.

Let me go more in depth on the concept part with an example. The Medal of Honor series has been around for roughly 14-15 years and they were the first to pioneer and make a popular WWII fps video game. They were the only doing it for the most part up until the release of Call of Duty 1, which rivaled the WWII heavy weight'sMedal of Honor: Rising Sun. Call of Duty was the better game, but still the too competed because the Medal of Honor Franchise still had a large following. The staff of Medal of Honor could also argue that Call of Duty stole their concept I guess, and as far as content well its a different Scenario when it comes to gmod...But I digress. So the two companies battled through 03' to around 06', which was the release date of COD 2. COD 2 was highly favored over any other previous Medal of Honor game. So they both competed and released once again game after game. In 07' Medal of Honor: Airborne and Call of Duty 3. Both did not get rated well and Call of Duty for the most part seemed like a franchise that might go downhill because they hadn't been around as long as Medal of Honor. It ended up that the medal of Honor team didn't make another game until 2010, but Call of Duty had released COD Modern Warfare which was a sensational hit in the gaming industry. The game (In the sense of a timeline) equaled to the further progression of a game series and while Medal of Honor seemed to be at a stand still, COD progressed and progressed. COD became wildly successful while Medal of Honor fell off into the backround. It did not mean Medal of Honor was done though...They came out with a new pretty good game in 2010, called Medal of Honor which was set in the modern battle field. But it was too little to late, COD was already a heavy weight in the industry and there releases trumped what ever Medal of Honor came out with.

Now to put it into perspective. HGN is Medal of Honor. They were here first with the cool concept and the good gameplay. COD was second with the same concept and better gameplay. HGN and TNB both competed for a good time, although around 2010 I believe or 2011 TNB SRP was down for a long time, which in this example equates to COD 3 because the TNB staff had noticed that their game had gotten a little rotten. HGN was still around at the time of TNB SRP's downtime and did well for the time being, until TNB came back (COD 4 MW) in full force and started attracting more and more members. HGN did nothing because it seemed like we had always had players who play on here, so for a long time the HGN SRP content was not updated, in fact there was little to no updating going on for about a year or two in HGN. This "stand still" was going on while TNB released new content and script updates almost monthly. HGN's player base slowly fell off up and through about the winter of 2011-2012 where people started to notice how superior TNB was to HGN (And by people I mean some of the people I played with on the server and Tom, I do remember speaking to you over SF about it.) So around that time the HGN team made an attempt to play catch up, content wise/script wise...but it was too little to late. Too many people had already migrated to TNB and truthfully for a year the only people on the HGN server were the HGN faithfuls who had been playing on the server for a long time. And that's what I mean by too "advanced" TNB far surpasses HGN in custom content and in the script...and guess what the other SRP server I'm talking about take everything from TNB, even the custom models that the staff their made them self. I once asked Dave about it and he said that there's not much he could do and that there is no reason to harp over something that can't be fixed and or isn't going to really help anything. So their ya' have it that's basically what I meant by advanced.

And for this "The problem is getting people on at the right time and keeping them entertained and on the server. That can only be achieved with good active admins, on-going content development and players being motivated to stay on.

All of which is hard to juggle as they are all reflective on each other. Right now people don't want to get on due to the latest update messing up hl2\ep1\ep2 content so that everything is errors\missing textures right now. Oddly enough our playerbase used to be mostly american but now it seems to be more European and yet most of our admins are infact american, that's a weird change."

Getting what people on at the right time?...the maybe 15 people that still play on HGN SRP?, also you have good admin. Dark, Spartans, Tom (Only ones I know off the top of my head) are all great rpers and admins. The part about the on-going development and player motivation is something I touched upon in my last post...the time for that is long gone. If HGN had a playerbase at all the on-going development part would not even matter and seeing people on the server is almost 70% of the motivation to play the dayum game...As Tom said, the bugs have nothing to do with the lack of activity. The admin part you are right on, it's a bit weird, but I don't think it's a big deterrent to the players.

And lastly, talking on my sadness...Hmm lemme use an extreme example. Say a girlfriend/wife (or w/e) is diagnosed with a terminal cancer. You are sad at first you remember how much fun it was to play with him/her and how many good memories you had with him/her. You then think about how you may never be able to experience stuff like that ever again with your lover. You miss those times, and when they die you come to the final realization that you will never get that relationship back. But like any normal Human being you eventually and roughly move on. You may form a new relationship with someone else or maybe go solo because you don't want to feel that hurt again. Now back to SRP... I chose to move on to something new, which is at the moment, better than what I had before. It doesn't mean I would end up hating or disliking HGN because in my opinion TNB is better. I liked the time I spent here and had many great moments in HGN SRP, but personally I moved on. Back to my example, even if I did have a "sadness" inside of me, I would not go back to my dead lover...It wouldn't make any sense, Instead I would remember and enjoy the time we had...and maybe find someone new or maybe even no one at all.

To put this whole thing into perspective here are a few sentences. HGN has a game, TNB has a game that at the moment is better than the HGN game at the moment (In my opinion)...Which do you think I'll play. When it comes down to it we play video games for fun and if I'm not having fun playing one thing while I'd have more fun playing another...why would I play the less fun game. Because I've grown to like the community, maybe? because I have friends on the server, maybe? Because this is where I started and it would feel wierd, maybe? But heh' I did that for a bit at HGN until I noticed that there is absolutely no reason to feel like you are committed play a VIDEO GAME because you are a member of an online community that does not even interact with each other in real life or you play with friends you have never met in real life or have any meaningful relationship with. Without all of that, games are just entertainment and that's what they should be judged on...don't feel like you are obligated to a lesser game because of what people tell you or anything like that. Do something that you will enjoy and have fun with because that my friends is what GAMES are meant for...I went on a rant there but I feel like that needs to be said here and probably in many other gaming communities.

After that maybe you think I'm cold or not idc really, the fact of the matter is I still keep in touch with some of my hgn friends and talk to them from time to time, but I'm the only one who is going to dictate my own fun in regards to VIDEO GAMES.

Hopefully you got my examples, once again I'm not trying to hate on you or anyone else here...It's simply my opinion and my motives for why I chose one thing over another.

Sharrock

HGN does currently have a lot of work that needs done, but it won't get done with all if you just talking in here. Get on the server and make it happen. We need ideas for events that can be done and so forth though if you want to be "entertained" through that. Go make the server fun for yourself, stop wandering out looking for nothing but gear and actually roleplay with others. If you have any ideas or suggestions for the love of god stop bitching about nothing being done and go post your ideas, suggestions or complaints where they need to go and get on the server.

And for Tonic. My issues with TnB are the fact that the RP its self is horrible in my opinion, most of their content doesn't make sense. Why would a stalker use his life savings to buy a .50 and then have to carry it everywhere? And the models are just dumb. HGN may have less players and less content but at least our stuff makes sense.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on

Midgetonic

Well that's your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it. And just a bit of bias...I thought the rp was going to be horrible going in from what I heard at HGN, but to be honest it's got the same amount of bad rpers as HGN did* at my time here. Content is debatable, a good chunk of the TNB content is stupid and shouldn't be in a  STALKER setting, while some enhances the experience. Eh well, I'll be around, only reason I posted in here was because the thread name was "Reason why the server dies 2013", so I posted a reason.

Sharrock

Well you should start playing again to help better the server.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on

Midgetonic

Quote from: Sharrock on 17-05-2013Well you should start playing again to help better the server.
It's to late man, and it would not be fun playing with three people let alone I'd be playing knowing that TNB is more fun (in my opinion)...Coulda added more a while ago when people loved rping on the server and there was a large community, but it's not that at all anymore. And sure all of us oldies can start playing on the server, but what new people will join?...most people have already gone on to other rp servers of the same genre. When us old timers get bored then no one will be left and the server will once again be empty like it has in the past.