Real Mutants

Started by AwDs, 11-11-2010

AwDs

BloodSucker Vs STALKER On master. STALKER COP

People underestimate the bloodsucker. I hid in a bush and watched a rookie powergame his way out of a bloodsuckers grip, He was even unarmed ^.^
I'm Gay!

Ravanger

Also people you got to remember the bloodsucker put into real life terms taken from the game terms. A highly advanced mutated bloodsucker than can kill groups of stalkers against most the time weak new rookies which this may be first time seeing them and usally unarmed, I think the bloodsucker has the upper hand most the time unless you manage to get a few bullets in it before it gets to you. As well they are quoted as Semi-legendary and are proably one of the most deadly yet semi common mutants around the zone.

AwDs

Didcha see how many bullets hit that one? (He missed a lot) but he was damaging it. And It was not going down
I'm Gay!

Ravanger

Quote from: AwDs on 11-11-2010
Didcha see how many bullets hit that one? (He missed a lot) but he was damaging it. And It was not going down

Thats what I mean and image the actually medical damage a claw like that would do to a unarmored stalker and the strength that would be forced upon the stalker. Even highly armored and well geared and experienced stalkers would be at a great risk. As well for the bloodsucker bullets can do much damage but still they truly beast of the zone and can take alot to take down.

AwDs

Quote from: Ravanger on 11-11-2010
Quote from: AwDs on 11-11-2010

Thats what I mean and image the actually medical damage a claw like that would do to a unarmored stalker and the strength that would be forced upon the stalker. Even highly armored and well geared and experienced stalkers would be at a great risk. As well for the bloodsucker bullets can do much damage but still they truly beast of the zone and can take alot to take down.

^.^ I love bloodsuckers. Once, One pounced a squad of stalkers, I swear the thing fell outta the sky, Then it just jumps REALLY FAR out. It' was awesome.

Anyway I agree wtih you here. The only reason I made this is kinda in the response to whyku. and so that people understand what a bloodsucker fight is.  a decently small amount of people never played stalker
I'm Gay!

Ravanger

Indeed since sadly you will most likely lose a fight to a bloodsucker most the time if you dont have proper gear or are alone or are just unlucky and get pounced on.

Steel

Lol again I say this so much. Welcome to HGN! A place where friendly suckers roam!

lolKieck

Quote from: Steel on 12-11-2010
Lol again I say this so much. Welcome to HGN! A place where unbelievably lowered in terms of strength, endurance and agility bloodsuckers roam!
Seriously, 5 Abakan bullets can kill a bloodsucker ?
Get your things straight, bloodsuckers don't want fucking around and being generally seen as little things.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Nargotah

Well, maybe if the guy didn't try taking the sucker on with busted armor and weapons, he'd have done a bit better. :P

AwDs

Quote from: Nargotah on 12-11-2010
Well, maybe if the guy didn't try taking the sucker on with busted armor and weapons, he'd have done a bit better. :P

I could agree. But ITS hard to find a non-used one, in srp. and normal
I'm Gay!

Paintcheck

Suckers in server will never be what they are in STALKER. A sucker's most dangerous aspect is that it can cloak but because sucker's can't just cloak and claw the fuck out of passing loners (due to that being DMing, and rightfully so, I am not saying suckers should be allowed to that) then it drags into a /me battle. And since /me's don't rely on anything quantitative to determine their outcome (other than dice but no one uses it and since every number has an equal probability of coming up a sucker still only has a 50-50 chance of victory) then that leads to stupid scenes of unarmored, unarmed rookies taking on suckers with their bare hands and playing the "can't touch me game" where they do something like this:

"STALKER ducks sucker's pounce"
"Sucker tries to claw stalker"
"Stalker spins away, taking a glancing blow but retaliating with a kick"
"Sucker gets kicked and swipes again, angry"
"STALKER gets cut on face but manages to avoid the brunt of the blow"

and on and on, not allowing himself to be grievously injured until some group of [insert factioners here] who are bored because God forbid they actually fight each other or something send out every single soldier they have to fuck up this sucker because Mr. STALKER has been stalling for 10 minutes and SFing all his friends that "ZOMG SUCKAH HALP"

And as a a player with a sucker char (who sees less and less use due to situations like this) the whole "I r can f1ght suckahs!" attitude is super irritating. I would be fine if the STALKER did "/me pisses himself in fear and runs as fast as he can" and would probably let him go. But this "I have a kabar, suckers stand no chance" attitude just ruins the general scariness of a 7 foot tall apex predator that can turn invisible and pounce away with 200 lbs of dutyer in its claws (everyone knows that scene in CS)

But the only way to fix this is really to either
a). Let suckers claw first and ask questions later (stupid due to "ZOMG DM" even though 90% of players on the server STK suckers the second they see them even if they are across the map so in my opinion suckers should be allowed to retaliate)
b). Get players that aren't powergaming retards. Which is about as likely as option a.

So basically, your SOL. Realistic suckers won't happen.

Khorn

Has there ever been a time where blood suckers could just act like the game's blood suckers?

As paint said, all my /me events end with either the stalker managing to avoid death in 1v1 battles or someone would show up 5 minutes after the initial /me.
I have yet been able to kill anyone through roleplay. Either the stalker escapes or a buddy shows up and attempts to insta kill me.

Some times I wish we could claw first, talk later. It would defiantly add a fuck ton more Fear RP to SRP.

ThY

"Has there ever been a time where blood suckers could just act like the game's blood suckers?"

There have been times. Iv'e had really good bloodsucker roleplay, even before being admin. But now its hard to find a suitable stalker that can maturely roleplay mutant combat.

If we ever stab to kill before roleplaying, the public will get the idea to cut us down with bullets whenever they see us from their doomforts. Even more than they do now

Commissar Nitro

I only have 2 chars that stand a chance against a sucker, The rest of my chars apart from my new ones have died to suckers atleast 3 times each infact the only time i survived a sucker attak on a stalker char was when the sucker was dumfounded by a propane/butan welders gas tank i had strapped to my back.
Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

lolKieck

Quote from: Commisar Nitro on 13-11-2010
I only have 2 chars that stand a chance against a sucker, The rest of my chars apart from my new ones have died to suckers atleast 3 times each infact the only time i survived a sucker attak on a stalker char was when the sucker was dumfounded by a propane/butan welders gas tank i had strapped to my back.
Every sucker doesn't stand a chance to a bloodsucker :).

But well, people think that with a sunrise they are the gods. Lol, once Plunger with SA powers was, I think, observing and chasing my bloodsucker with P228. Though it was on redux, but exo's couldn't sprint back then, so running to warehouse and seeing him there, then running to Freedom, and seeing him there again...

Bielecki

You hit it right on the money Paint. Bloodsuckers need to have unlimited cloak, plus the chance to be able to STK without starting an fight.

lolKieck

Quote from: Bielecki on 13-11-2010
You hit it right on the money Paint. Bloodsuckers need to have unlimited cloak, plus the chance to be able to STK without starting an fight.
Bloodsuckers HAVE unlimied cloak now. And yeah, STK without starting a fight = not claw to death, just one claw and the guy injury RPs, and if he doesn't, report to admin, take screenshot or logs.

Khorn

The cloak that blood suckers have now is unlimited, but turns off when you use a claw attack. So it works a lot better then before, but the player is still too visible. In the series, the suckers are like 95% cloaked, you can barely make them out except for them eyes.

And the reason why I asked if suckers ever had a time to STK first is cause many players act like they can handle it.

I was once attacking this bandit that captured this player, but as I was crushing him with my feet, and cutting his arm up, he somehow managed to grab his gun and fire while facing down onto the ground.

After a good 5 minutes of smacking him, a random guy with a Toz showed up forcing me to run away, since bandit man kept grabbing his gun after I /me hit it away.

Next stalker I attacked kept trying to escape with /me by crawling out a window nearby, eventually it just got boring since he wouldn't succumb to death or loss of blood. So I let him go.

In other words, I never get a chance to use the claws, unless someone shoots first.

Players with anything lower then a Toz need to know they have no chance to kill a sucker, unless the said sucker is retarded.

Ravanger

In a way I almost wish we had sprint bar again.

Pawx

Quote from: Ravanger on 13-11-2010
In a way I almost wish we had sprint bar again.

We do Actually, ALT is the Actual Sprint Button, Shift is the 'Cheating Sprint Button'.

jaik

Quote from: Pawx on 13-11-2010
We do Actually, ALT is the Actual Sprint Button, Shift is the 'Cheating Sprint Button'.

You can level up your Agility and Stamina with ALT if the stats still exist.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

Quote from: Jake on 13-11-2010
Quote from: Pawx on 13-11-2010

You can level up your Agility and Stamina with ALT if the stats still exist.

Seriously, what the fuck does this add to the thread ?

jaik

Quote from: lolKieck on 13-11-2010
derp

Not much to add to the thread, but fine, I shouldn't have posted.
Still a fact, tho.

Khorn

So we should a sprint bar equal to stalkers?

Regardless of 'cheat' sprint or not. Blood suckers run the same speed as stalkers, and how many people use alt sprint to run?

jaik

Quote from: Khorn on 13-11-2010
So we should a sprint bar equal to stalkers?

Regardless of 'cheat' sprint or not. Blood suckers run the same speed as stalkers, and how many people use alt sprint to run?

OR, you could just implement a speed adder to bloodsucker sweps.
OR whoever spawns with the certain flag.
OR ...
A lot of options here.