Real Mutants

Started by AwDs, 11-11-2010

Steven :D

Let suckers buy crap that boosts their skills with money they earn from giving things to Thy or somethin.

Khorn

Wait, now we should buy stats?

What are you smoking Steven?

Paintcheck

Since when have suckers had money with which to buy things?

Suckers should run faster than STALKERs with shift sprint so they can catch them; although frankly I think if a player is fear RPing well and is trying to run away the sucker shouldn't keep trying to kill them since that kind of sends the message that "fear rp will just get you killed" instead of encouraging it.

ThY

We were promised the ability to run faster than other flags a long time ago. Still nothing. And yeah, its best to be nice to people who can roleplay correctly.

Turkey

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-11-2010
Suckers in server will never be what they are in STALKER. A sucker's most dangerous aspect is that it can cloak but because sucker's can't just cloak and claw the fuck out of passing loners (due to that being DMing, and rightfully so, I am not saying suckers should be allowed to that) then it drags into a /me battle. And since /me's don't rely on anything quantitative to determine their outcome (other than dice but no one uses it and since every number has an equal probability of coming up a sucker still only has a 50-50 chance of victory) then that leads to stupid scenes of unarmored, unarmed rookies taking on suckers with their bare hands and playing the "can't touch me game" where they do something like this:

"STALKER ducks sucker's pounce"
"Sucker tries to claw stalker"
"Stalker spins away, taking a glancing blow but retaliating with a kick"
"Sucker gets kicked and swipes again, angry"
"STALKER gets cut on face but manages to avoid the brunt of the blow"

and on and on, not allowing himself to be grievously injured until some group of [insert factioners here] who are bored because God forbid they actually fight each other or something send out every single soldier they have to fuck up this sucker because Mr. STALKER has been stalling for 10 minutes and SFing all his friends that "ZOMG SUCKAH HALP"

And as a a player with a sucker char (who sees less and less use due to situations like this) the whole "I r can f1ght suckahs!" attitude is super irritating. I would be fine if the STALKER did "/me pisses himself in fear and runs as fast as he can" and would probably let him go. But this "I have a kabar, suckers stand no chance" attitude just ruins the general scariness of a 7 foot tall apex predator that can turn invisible and pounce away with 200 lbs of dutyer in its claws (everyone knows that scene in CS)

But the only way to fix this is really to either
a). Let suckers claw first and ask questions later (stupid due to "ZOMG DM" even though 90% of players on the server STK suckers the second they see them even if they are across the map so in my opinion suckers should be allowed to retaliate)
b). Get players that aren't powergaming retards. Which is about as likely as option a.

So basically, your SOL. Realistic suckers won't happen.

THIS THIS THIS! I swear to god eveyone i fight stalls then suddenly a bunch of guys come out of no where and help him

Bl★ck Star

Exile once said, It#s Up for the Bloodsucker to choose stk or rp with someone, but people will rage alot if you go STK.
But then again they will be more carefull when trolling around the sector's or only walk in group's, What I think acctual Stalker's in Real Life would do due to the fact that there are so much dangerously mutants who acctualy would kill you with 1 attack.