Re: |Freedom| Suggestions & Complaints

Started by Turkey, 29-05-2010

N3gativezero

I really don't see what the big deal is. The only reason we sit in our base and to diddly-shit has been stated many times, Duty is innactive as fuck, and Monolith is SO small and SO innactive it isn't even a major faction anymore. It's be useless to attack the military, as they'd see us a mile away, take cover behind thier wall/barricade/doomfort and thats the end of it, or we'd get picked off by Grozas and VSSs.

Bandits and Mercs are about the closest thing we can find to enemie factions, and people are complaining that us enguaging them is "Un-cannon". But you know what? What about SRP IS cannon? Not much, that's for sure. I sure dont recall there being "Rookies" with Abakans and Spas-12s in SoC or CS (CoP they can get them VIA looting, but thats not the point), do I? One of the only cannon things I can think of off the top of my head is the wepons the factions use. If cannon really means so much to people, play the original games, you'll drown in cannon.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Paintcheck

It's not that engaging bandits and mercs is "uncanon" it's that those bandits and mercs combined number all of 8 people with probably 5 guns between them. Freedom has SKATs, L85s, LR300s, G36s. So you're complaining that Military will beat you in a fight so you decide to go do the same thing military is going to do to you to someone else and you don't understand why those "someone elses" are annoyed by it?

N3gativezero

The grand totaly of mercs/bandits may only amount to 8 people, but you have to realise that it's a miracle to see more then 4 Freedomers on at one time. And no, banits/mercs have Abakans, Lr300s, SPAs-12s and other mid to high tier guns aswell. And I'm not complaining about the military winning, I was stating the fact that, they most likely would, although they're AFK 99% of the time they're on, which even then, isn't very often, which means that, like all faction conflict related events, they seem to happen once-in-a-blue-moon.

Duranblackraven

"And no, banits/mercs have Abakans, Lr300s, SPAs-12s and other mid to high tier guns aswell."

Wait, when? Did I miss some free giveaway for mercs and bandits? Damnit I want MY mid to high tier stuff!

Paintcheck

...Seeing as I RUN the bandit group you speak of I know what our equipment level is. And seeing as the mercs bought all their shit from me I know what their equipment level is too. The mercs have LR300s and 1 Sig 550. The suits they have are just models, not actual suits. Freedom has Skats and shit. You still think our little 8 person band can stand up against you?

N3gativezero

Lets use the Wolf Squad for example. They have merc suits, which give better protection than the Wind of Freedom suit. They also have weapons that are just as good. So, although Freedom mgiht a have a slight numerical advantage, they're still just as well armed, if not better. As for Bandits, look at any Loner on the server. Odds are they're packing serious firepower, aside from the occasional one with a TOZ or Makarov.

N3gativezero

They're just models? Not actual suits? Well, this kinda voided any argument I had. Although my point about the "Rookies" armed with AKms n shit still stands.

Paintcheck

Yeah so shut up and fight other factions please. Rookies have nothing to do with Freedom's ability to engage in fights.

And AK74Ms are worse than the LR300s Freedom all has anyway. So just stop arguing and fix the faction please (not necessarily you personally zero)

N3gativezero

But thats exactly the thing! NONE of the other factions are ever on. Duty is never on, Monolith is dead, and Military is never on, but when they are they seem to always be AFK. I would know, I had a Milimerc for a while. Theres litteraly no one to fight EXEPT player-based groups.

Khorn

I would be on more as my mono, but I'm limited to weekends only.

Hopefully Dug takes over the Duty faction and revives it.
As for military, if they are AFK, attack them. They shouldn't go on and be AFK at all. If you plan to leave your computer for more then an hour, get off SRP.

OBrian

I think this entire thread is a grief attack to Freedom thats spiraled out of control by anger and immaturity. All I've read in this thread is "OMFG HE HAS GUNZ" or "OMFG WE HAD SHIT GUNZ KILL SOMEONE ELSE!". SRP is a -game-, please treat it as such and stop acting like its the end of the world if you get killed IC. At least you weren't DM'd. The valid point is there is RARELY another faction online with the strength to fight Freedom. And when there is, its usually an out numbering amount for one side. In the Zone it does not matter who the fuck you are, if you attack a Major Faction or their resources you get fucked up, end of story.

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

Tom

Not really, If you pay attention to the jobs freedom and Duty give through out the games they always send STALKERs or Trusted friends who are not dutiers out to fuck up whomever they do not like, Since With duty they where busy guarding their checkpoints, Bases, and killing mutants. Freedom was always busy eitther A) Getting wasted B) Guarding Base or C) Fucking duty up and stuff. The bottom line is they are ussaly too busy and shit to send there own guys to take care of shit like bandits and Mercs since Duty and Freedom where ussallly way to busy doing either the listed above or shooting the other faction. Sooo. . . Yeah. . . and most of the time when you guys kill ICly you kill oocly as well. And NLRing is often times REALLY fucking annoying, especailly after you get some decent RP started up with whomever only to have random Major faction come in and shoot/capture then shoot everyone. Also, I fail to see how it is fun for ANYONE to either A) Grab 8 people and go out and kill 1 or 2 people, Or B) Get "Rofl Stomped" by 8 plus people. Its like punching Puppies, or getting punched as a little kid by a teenager, neither are entertaining OR fun.

And No one has raged or flamed Freedom, There is such things as using Curse words as modifiers, like I do at times.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Quote from: OBrian on 28-10-2010
In the Zone it does not matter who the fuck you are, if you attack a Major Faction or their resources you get fucked up, end of story.

That's the thing my bandit group DID NOT ATTACK THE MAJOR FACTION and does not feel like getting DM'd (since it would be DMing for Freedom to kill us for no IC reason).

Here's also an idea DON'T BRING EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER TO EVERY GUNFIGHT this isn't that hard. If, say, Duty has 3 people on and Freedom has 8, send 3 Freedomers to fight Duty. There you go, even fight and the player counts don't matter and people are less bored.

And the reason I am "picking" on Freedom is because you have the longest history of being a faction that refused to do anything. Duty is inactive but when they do get on I see them on patrol and shit. Monolith is pretty active and they also patrol and shit (hell I even traded with a mono earlier). Military hangs out at their checkpoint and interacts with STALKERS and probably would go out on patrol if they wouldn't get bitched at by doing so by everyone else. Freedom sits at their checkpoint or in their bar. Period. See the difference?

Turkey

Yay. Freedoms thread is being posted in 24\7.. Too bad it's the complaints thread ;\

N3gativezero

If you don't like what Freedom does, ignore it, or don't be a part of it. Theres you're solution, please stop whining.

Paintcheck

This thread is called "SUGGESTIONS and complaints" saying "ignore it" is exactly the reason the factions all suck, because they don't take action to FIX what is wrong with them. Sorry you are too defensive to understand the definition of "Constructive criticism". Getting all defensive and making excuses doesn't actually fix the problem now does it?

jaik

Quote from: Paintcheck on 28-10-2010
This thread is called "SUGGESTIONS and complaints" saying "ignore it" is exactly the reason the factions all suck, because they don't take action to FIX what is wrong with them. Sorry you are too defensive to understand the definition of "Constructive criticism". Getting all defensive and making excuses doesn't actually fix the problem now does it?

Just let Freedom do shit until it falls apart.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

N3gativezero

Well, theres really nothing Freedom can do about Duty and everyone else being so innactive. THis is probably one of the only scenarios I've seen where being the most (or one of the most) active faction seems to be almost a bad thing. If you don't like the fact that we don't go on "patrols" every 5 minutes, and have 100s of jobs for people to do then, well, thats too bad. Traders are for jobs, and we don't have enemie factions up our asses (aside from player based ones, the other majors ones, as I've stated many times, are innactive as fuck) so theres really no need for patrols. Although it should be noted that whenever Duty is actualy on, we do shit. A couple Duty-ers had a activity-streak and where on two days in a row. Both those days we shot up thier main gate and actualy did stuff. The reason for innactivity and i guess you could call it lazyness of the faction in general is that theres just nothing to do if theres no enemie factions around.

Goose

Seeing as this is going no where, Negative zero stop posting useles shit, and jake GTFO you fucking troll.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

lolKieck

Quote from: Goose on 28-10-2010
Seeing as this is going no where, Negative zero stop posting useles shit, and jake GTFO you fucking troll.
Touche.
Yes, well, patrol the gate and the whole place, it's not so hard to go through the checkpoint and kill anybody on the way to the bar.
EDIT: And I'm damn sure you can make a bloodsucker alarm, like a can which pulls a bottle, which falls down and cracks, making a noise.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

lolKieck

Freedom now = Military. This should be your new board.
Freedom before = cool cats.
You guys search people, like you are the most hated faction in the world. What happened with the cool cats who liked to talk, sit around campfire, while having one guy sit and watch over the horizon ?

Rebel6609

Quote from: lolKieck on 12-11-2010
You guys search people, like you are the most hated faction in the world. What happened with the cool cats who liked to talk, sit around campfire, while having one guy sit and watch over the horizon ?

Blame the stalkers who sold us out to military and the ones who shot us during a raid on duty twice? Not to mention everyone fails to see that we are at WAR. Freedom can't tell whos a duty spy and whos an innocent stalker. God forbid smart people check to be safe. The last thing we need is a stalker carrying in a bomb and planting it in our bar or somthing.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

lolKieck

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 12-11-2010
Quote from: lolKieck on 12-11-2010

Blame the stalkers who sold us out to military and the ones who shot us during a raid on duty twice? Not to mention everyone fails to see that we are at WAR. Freedom can't tell whos a duty spy and whos an innocent stalker. God forbid smart people check to be safe. The last thing we need is a stalker carrying in a bomb and planting it in our bar or somthing.
Make it clear that you'll shoot everybody who will get to restricted areas. /end

Goose

Because clearly the bar is a restricted area.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

lolKieck

Quote from: Goose on 12-11-2010
Because clearly the bar is a restricted area.
Hmm, so how you'd get money ?
The bar 1st floor should be restricted.
Or 2nd floor, if you're living in Russia and think that the ground floor is 1st one.