RAD2 aka "RadiationScript 2"

Started by Silver Knight, 19-09-2009

Silver Knight

Alright, this will be the thread where i post loveable updates and features for the script. This script will take several months, and im really busy with college (I may even have to leave HGN for awhile because of College, idk yet)
I WILL BE UPDATING THIS FREQUENTLY

Development So Far
Major Systems

New Save System (Bug Free) [50%]
New Inventory [40%]
Stats [10%]
PDA? [0%]

Other Stuff

Animations [80%]
Bleed System [50%]
NPCS [60%]
Anoms [80%]
Sprint [100%]
New Hud [10%]
Knockout [0%]
New WeaponBase [10%]
Blowouts [0%]
Stashes [0%]
System Descriptions

Save System: It will be working properly, no more bugs, random things going missing or at least i hope.

Inventory: Thanks to Wrinkles for Chenobyl Script's old inventory, we will be using the grid based system that was used there, you can drag things around in your inventory around the slots, it will also be weight based.

Stats: There are two types of Stats, player configurable stats, and character stats, Configureable are just your average "Stat points for strength or agility, basic things" and "Character Stats are changed by wearing different suits, and artifacts."

PDA: Well, i suppose it would be nice to have a PDA, but im not going to break my back to make one, but im not going to denie the point of having one, so, we shall see.

Features(Smaller Things)

Second Title: (For all your descriptive needs !)
Stalker Like Hotkeys: (I for Inventory, maybe F for interaction?)
Gambling: Roll a Dice, You might get lucky.
Weapon Slots: If i can do it, it will allow you to equipt one Primary and one Secondary weapon only, at a time, so people cannot have mutliple weapons out, and not pay a price.
Neutral NPC's Just something i might do, like have a few npc's in the bar, sitting around, like that guy who talks about his friend dieing, and what not.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Plunger

Looks good, Want the grid system.

Moss

Moss--it has the charm of a creeping tune~Even in darkness it still grows.

Why do I love Moss?

I have been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, their is not one easy answer that I can give you.

Strelok Holmes

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Ravanger

Farenheit

NPC's and stats? Oh gawd

asoldier290

Just some things that i think could help with the thought process

Major Systems

New Save System (Bug Free) - Maybe make the save system Text based? to save Small Txt's on the server that state what flags they have, items, cash, etc?

New Inventory - Sounds good, i prefer a list rather than a huge picture montage, a Linear separated list (with categories such as Weapons/Ammo/Food/ etc would be nice.

Stats - Can be good and bad, Kuro had stats and it became a major annoyance cause people were farming stats and then could sprint massive distances and outrun anyone.

PDA? - YOur PDA is your F4 menu

Lesser Systems

Bleed System - Good if you get shot, what would be nice if something like DOD Sourcemod would happen, such as getting shot in the arm would drop your weapon, leg would make you walk/run slower.

NPCS - No idea, have some fun with it. Puesdog NPC's would be halla fun.

Anoms - Vortex Anoms would be fun. maybe make Anoms change palces time to time?

Sprint [80%] - yay no more flying banshees around the server, fatigue bar ftw.

Knockout - Good for when your makeing stealth moves, might be good for bloodsucker if he hits your friend and knocks out so then you ahve to drag your friend while defend yourself.

New WeaponBase -Yay! also can you fix the sounds? sometimes the sounds dont play when people shoot

Blowouts - Yay!
Stashes - Not too sure on this one.

Locke

Make the PDA an IC messaging system, sort of the one we have now, but for IC interaction.

Plunger

Quote from: asoldier290 on 20-09-2009
Just some things that i think could help with the thought process

Major Systems

New Save System (Bug Free) - Maybe make the save system Text based? to save Small Txt's on the server that state what flags they have, items, cash, etc?

New Inventory - Sounds good, i prefer a list rather than a huge picture montage, a Linear separated list (with categories such as Weapons/Ammo/Food/ etc would be nice.

Stats - Can be good and bad, Kuro had stats and it became a major annoyance cause people were farming stats and then could sprint massive distances and outrun anyone.

PDA? - YOur PDA is your F4 menu

Lesser Systems

Bleed System - Good if you get shot, what would be nice if something like DOD Sourcemod would happen, such as getting shot in the arm would drop your weapon, leg would make you walk/run slower.

NPCS - No idea, have some fun with it. Puesdog NPC's would be halla fun.

Anoms - Vortex Anoms would be fun. maybe make Anoms change palces time to time?

Sprint [80%] - yay no more flying banshees around the server, fatigue bar ftw.

Knockout - Good for when your makeing stealth moves, might be good for bloodsucker if he hits your friend and knocks out so then you ahve to drag your friend while defend yourself.

New WeaponBase -Yay! also can you fix the sounds? sometimes the sounds dont play when people shoot

Blowouts - Yay!
Stashes - Not too sure on this one.
Inventory only uses pictures in the new one, Like the real STALKER.

Akira

Suggestion: Add a weight limit to RAD2. We don't need living armories running around.

Lucidius

Protip: The more work that has to be done, the longer it will take. Also and all suggestions need to be added to V2 because ther won't be a V3.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Cobra

How about a real stalker hud from something like OL? That would be fantastic or hey even a Clear sky hud with a working radiation meter.

asoldier290

A fun idea would be to make a random player have an order from the C-Concsinious. Like stealing a certain artifact, Killing a certain faction member/stalker.

Lucidius

Quote from: asoldier290 on 20-09-2009
A fun idea would be to make a random player have an order from the C-Concsinious. Like stealing a certain artifact, Killing a certain faction member/stalker.

Could be RP'd.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Radek

Looks great.. And the best part is.. This scrip wont get leaked :D(i sure as hell hope atleast)
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Silver Knight

Quote from: Radek on 20-09-2009
Looks great.. And the best part is.. This scrip wont get leaked :D(i sure as hell hope atleast)

Only reason it leaked before, is because i gave little kiddies access, when i thought i could trust em.

Markka

PDA? Gogo /pm function.

Dora Trajavna - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Alive

Radek

YEa but that's my Point No other fail forum will get their hands on it.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Locke

Silvah, I really hope this gets done.

asoldier290

In order to keep it private like kuro has he normally has two versions. Main copy on the server and a temp copy that downloads while your on the server, although its poorly done and skripted so that if you try and steal it from him you get a bunch of errors alot. (I tried) also if you can please, please please please fix the Bloodsucker Sweps, the CLoak is HORRID and glitches often. if you can make it to were when you have the weapon out it just cloaks you that would be great cause then we can just switch between Claws and cloak when we want it on or off.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Akira on 20-09-2009
Suggestion: Add a weight limit to RAD2. We don't need living armories running around.

Of course im adding that...

Silver Knight

Quote from: Markka on 21-09-2009
PDA? Gogo /pm function.

Kinda already exists, friend.

Locke

/pm doesnt work silver.

Markka