Problem Joining

Started by Bloodwars59, 20-01-2011

Bloodwars59

My brother was having problems joining and I cleared Gmod. 10GB... YES! 10GB just from my addons folder. I reinstalled everything I needed for the server and it still won't let me join and my brother says it says something about a Nexus Node or something. Anyone got a clue? I can try to find out more myself if you think you know. Thanks.
Petrenko Pavlov - Defiance. Caring, Smart.
Porlis Hundig - Bandit. Freewill, Quickwitted.
(-->BROTHERS CHARACTERS<--)
'Pepper' Pavlov - Bandit. Ruthless.

You can add me on steam with Bloodwars59. That is my original name and I have never changed it.

Paintcheck

Do you have a specific error message or something more specific than "I can't join Gmod"?

When does it crash how does it crash, what exactly happens?

Bloodwars59

I was finally able to join. Gmod does this about a thousand times (litarally) when I start it.

Removing cache/dua/f9094f71be4d20aabb955a62eda8ddc9.dua
Removing cache/dua/f91a5550bc70ca8478bb79f6d48d18d8.dua
Removing cache/dua/f9c0fb83f512549ef013ef0e7e4a1dd7.dua
Removing cache/dua/fa464157a547c2c193239149fbcb0dd7.dua
Removing cache/dua/faf166a53f29d40885be3ef5e459e4a2.dua
Removing cache/dua/fb6542ffd7e776fedb16811c81ef1a44.dua
Removing cache/dua/fb89e2d6303a2d4a66b8b67c03d2b5

Then when I join the server, about 150 times.

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/bramble001a.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/bramble001a.mdl)

Then this is what else I noticed.

Unable to remove c:\program files\steam\steamapps\bloodwars59\garrysmod\garrysmod\data\data\nexus\schemas\eXperim3nt\mounts.txt!

What the hell is it trying to do?

You can add me on steam with Bloodwars59. That is my original name and I have never changed it.

jaik

remove garrysmod folder
launch garrysmod, exit.
extract SRP pack
connect

the errors you showed us aren't related to your issue.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bloodwars59

I already re-installed Gmod after the addons folder was taking up 10GB. I did that just after it kept crashing n such.

nKe

Im having similar problems, cannot actually do anything on server without crashing,

Q menu -> Crash
Run in tele (s42) too fast -> Crash
TAB -> Crash
Looking around -> Randomly crashes me
Just chilling around -> Engine Error

Bloodwars59

Yea. I just crashed again but even windows didn't say I crashed. Which is odd as hell because I hate that damn thing and it always does it when something crashes. I was able to get on once this morning, but only 2 people were on. I just tried againa nd Gmod crashed. Soemthing is wrong and I already did everything I know how to.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Nik3 on 21-01-2011
Im having similar problems, cannot actually do anything on server without crashing,

Q menu -> Crash
Run in tele (s42) too fast -> Crash
TAB -> Crash
Looking around -> Randomly crashes me
Just chilling around -> Engine Error

Turn your draw distance/other graphical settings down.

Bloodwars59

This is -{[CLOSE]}- to what it says EVERY time I crash when i am able to actually get into the server before it does.

[Nexus/Gamemode/---/---/ attempt to recall design data. [A nil (value or entity)]

Don't act like I am stupid because I don't know what crap means either. I'm not here to solve problems on Gmod. I am here to play!

Turkey

Quote from: Bloodwars59 on 21-01-2011
This is -{[CLOSE]}- to what it says EVERY time I crash when i am able to actually get into the server before it does.

[Nexus/Gamemode/---/---/ attempt to recall design data. [A nil (value or entity)]

Don't act like I am stupid because I don't know what crap means either. I'm not here to solve problems on Gmod. I am here to play!
Your asking a question, And explaining a problem, No ones going to think your stupid bro.

Bloodwars59

Never said anyone did. I said don't. sometimes there is that one guy who does...

Frostee

Why did changing to this map cause everyone to crash? And you did you put +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in set launch options?

Pink!

Ah, thank you - this solved a problem I had been experiencing!

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Frostee

Quote from: Pink! on 21-01-2011
Ah, thank you - this solved a problem I had been experiencing!
Your unintentional welcome :D

Silver Knight

Quote from: Bloodwars59 on 20-01-2011
I was finally able to join. Gmod does this about a thousand times (litarally) when I start it.

Removing cache/dua/f9094f71be4d20aabb955a62eda8ddc9.dua
Removing cache/dua/f91a5550bc70ca8478bb79f6d48d18d8.dua
Removing cache/dua/f9c0fb83f512549ef013ef0e7e4a1dd7.dua
Removing cache/dua/fa464157a547c2c193239149fbcb0dd7.dua
Removing cache/dua/faf166a53f29d40885be3ef5e459e4a2.dua
Removing cache/dua/fb6542ffd7e776fedb16811c81ef1a44.dua
Removing cache/dua/fb89e2d6303a2d4a66b8b67c03d2b5
It's removing your old cache
Then when I join the server, about 150 times.

Small error i did when i was mapping the map. Basically some bramble models try to have a physical hitbox around them however the model doesn't have a hitbox so it causes that error. Those are some of the models i missed when i was removing the hitboxes.
Then this is what else I noticed.

Unable to remove c:\program files\steam\steamapps\bloodwars59\garrysmod\garrysmod\data\data\nexus\schemas\eXperim3nt\mounts.txt!
Just a dumb thing with the script. Nothing important.
What the hell is it trying to do?

Commented on questions.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bloodwars59

Right, thanks. I'm not sure why I keep crashing, and it is pissing me off because for the first 3 days or so I was always able to join. but now I cannot join when more than 4 people are on or else I crash. I have never had any problems with my internet connection or whatever, so that isn't it. I have checked that.

Rook

My experiances with S42/Nexus combination? I cannot join, when I can, I crash within seconds.
I could play nexus on Chernobyl, I could play S42 before Nexus, my conclusion?
S42/Nexus combination crashes me, I think we need to go back to Chernobyl.

Dug

For these cases of misterious crashing I think server 2 should be unlocked.

nKe

Quote from: Dave The Zombie on 29-01-2011
My experiances with S42/Nexus combination? I cannot join, when I can, I crash within seconds.
I could play nexus on Chernobyl, I could play S42 before Nexus, my conclusion?
S42/Nexus combination crashes me, I think we need to go back to Chernobyl.

I got same as you... So stupid that i have to just watch how theres 25 players on server having good RP and i cannot join... =(

Dug

He fixed it. Apparently it was his router. He had to set it to accept files from the server or some shit. Ask him on SF.