People not wanting to RP with "noobs"

Started by mcjamesv, 10-10-2009

mcjamesv

Lately I have found that when I approach someone to initiate an rp (have a chat, tap on shoulder) or something they will immediately ooc and ic just blow me off.

I have come to conclusion that its all about factions and suits...

I understand that I am not as well known a player as say a trader, duty, merc, or freedomer. But after some observation I found that the majority of players with suits or a faction title in there name will get a good rp session going only because of that reason alone.

It seems that if anyone sees you have a starter model you are immediately looked down upon as a complete minge who knows nothing about the stalker universe by the people that are part of one of the so called "factions".

A perfect example would be that in S2 I walked in to find a group of mercs and stalker with suits. They have set up a firing range and are taking shots.

I come in from behind and rp "leaning against wall" all at once I get a guy telling me to piss off and ooc "just go away"

another one would be when I offer protection for a bar for free, and I get a big N-O because they only hire people that have suits

just had to get this out there that people should be wanting to rp with people with starter models not avoiding them...

Plunger

Quote from: mcjamesv on 10-10-2009
Lately I have found that when I approach someone to initiate an rp (have a chat, tap on shoulder) or something they will immediately ooc and ic just blow me off.

I have come to conclusion that its all about factions and suits...

I understand that I am not as well known a player as say a trader, duty, merc, or freedomer. But after some observation I found that the majority of players with suits or a faction title in there name will get a good rp session going only because of that reason alone.

It seems that if anyone sees you have a starter model you are immediately looked down upon as a complete minge who knows nothing about the stalker universe by the people that are part of one of the so called "factions".

A perfect example would be that in S2 I walked in to find a group of mercs and stalker with suits. They have set up a firing range and are taking shots.

I come in from behind and rp "leaning against wall" all at once I get a guy telling me to piss off and ooc "just go away"

another one would be when I offer protection for a bar for free, and I get a big N-O because they only hire people that have suits

just had to get this out there that people should be wanting to rp with people with starter models not avoiding them...
I suggest trying to do Bar Missions and getting a good reputation before trying to hang around the factions.

mcjamesv

That is not my point however, bar missions rarely come and when they do you must admit the man serving the mission only gives it to the man with the biggest gun and best suit.

Another thing just 30 minutes ago I forgot to add did I experience an rp without any real RP.
guy: /me raises gun and shoots at his head

exactly how does this work? I mean I could understand raising the gun, but shooting it all in the same motion seems a bit pgming

Plunger

Quote from: mcjamesv on 10-10-2009
That is not my point however, bar missions rarely come and when they do you must admit the man serving the mission only gives it to the man with the biggest gun and best suit.

Another thing just 30 minutes ago I forgot to add did I experience an rp without any real RP.
guy: /me raises gun and shoots at his head

exactly how does this work? I mean I could understand raising the gun, but shooting it all in the same motion seems a bit pgming
That is disappointing, There needs to be reaction time.

Goose

God i hated starting off cuz of this if you find some good people who will rp with anyone most of the people in freedom duty will mili just either shoots you or tells you to leave -_-
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Lucidius

Funny thing, i've only ever RP'd with loners, and a faction member or two.

Said loners where alot more fun to RP with the faction member's i've observed.

In short: Lighten up, kick back, and relax.

I may respond with more later, gotta get to bed though.

Also: Just because you don't gain rubles, or any actual gain (weapons, ammo, etc), doesn't mean you should stiff out on RP.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

keyfoot

i got lucky, first time i joined the server, a trader gave me a mission, that every barrel i bring him i get 300 rubles.

good way to start off.

Locke

Well sadly, some people have the idea that all noobs are idiots that can't roleplay.

Thats a stereotype that needs to be abolished.

Dug

Quote from: Locke on 10-10-2009
Well sadly, some people have the idea that all noobs are idiots that can't roleplay.

Thats a stereotype that needs to be abolished.

True

Nikolaz72

Ya Always Welcome in aprogrom... Bloodsuckers have gotten a bit hungry on the lately taken their last foodbatch got irradiated.
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Pawx

I never do this to New People, I actually get New People to join my RP, many times.

Dark Angel

Well i'm RPing with everyone as long as i see they are capable of RPing.

Megamaff

I have to admit it is difficult to start off when people only care about faction members or admins

swacko

RP'ing with newbies(I prefer that term instead of noobs) can always be fun, IF they are even capable of RP. I always volunteer to teach them the basics if needed. However, what I DO hate with new players, and this may add to the stereotype, if you try to explain something to them and they go "Can I have a weapon?" or "Where can I get weapons?" ooc as soon as they join...

Crimzon_Reaper

Personally, I ley 'em RP so long as they can roleplay wiyh me to a good capacity.

Dark Angel

Quote from: swacko on 12-10-2009
RP'ing with newbies(I prefer that term instead of noobs) can always be fun, IF they are even capable of RP. I always volunteer to teach them the basics if needed. However, what I DO hate with new players, and this may add to the stereotype, if you try to explain something to them and they go "Can I have a weapon?" or "Where can I get weapons?" ooc as soon as they join...

Well yeah i hate it when first stuff that people ask about is "Where i can get a gun to shoot mutants."

mcjamesv

which is what most people (newbs) dont do! They obviously arn't that mingy if they took the time to register at the forums and install a new map and model's

lolKieck

i would RP with you, if SRP would be not so boring
i can teach some guys who didnt play stalker, and teach the basics of rp, but i dont like when someone comes up and starts to beg for a weapon, one time i had a makarov, i rped that i check it, and i got RDMed
that was a fault of a newbie with a gun, but i dont accept that stereotype
People, make more events, this server can even make the coffee sleep !
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

mcjamesv

well ill be heading on soon if youd like to rp

buck

This happened to me today. I walk up to a Duty and say hello trying to start a conversation.. All he does is say "What" and walks away.

Zarrick

I was talking on the radio, apparently some guy was in the arm all strutting his shit, anyway, we need like a *Radio* or somthing at the beginning of a sentence to avoid this
====================================

====================================

Zero

I find that noobs roleplaying with a trader, by just chatting to a trader when he isn't busy tends to open him up to more activitys when people see it, or the Trader mentions that hes "A alright guy"

Smirnoff

Hehe yeah i remember starting off, i coulden't really RP with anyone before i got into a faction.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Romolski

There are guides for newbies to brush up. Learning curve isn't that steep.

Although I will (and often do) roleplay with the newer peeps on the server, it is an irritating factor where they chatspeak out of their asses in IC and all it makes me want to do is cut their face off and wear it at their birthday party.

Roleplay is easy, put the effort into it, and people will respect you more. Simple as that.

Questions? Go read a guide.

Guide doesn't help? Ask an administrator (as a LAST resort, unless it is urgent) and let them brief you in.

That or your plain stupid and you're not taking the time to improve yourself...

Nefertia

Very True..

People only want to RP with people of a certain faction... Its weird.