Startup Sequence Initiated...
Checking Networks...
Checking executeables...
Checking Operating System...
Check Complete; Logging in...

Password: ***
--------------------------------------------

Log #37

Just left the Freedom base a few hours ago, though it feels like I'm still there. Haven't stopped sending messages over my PDA since I set out. It feels good to be running around a bit, been cooped up in the base since I joined with Freedom. Shame I had to leave my equipment behind, good suit and a nice gun would be helpful out here, but I'll make do with my AN-94 for now.

Log #38

Fucking dogs. Entire pack of them showed up about an hour after my last entry, took me by surprise, and one of 'em jumped on my back. I fell over, it got a few good scratches in before I shook it off, emptied half my clip into it. Then I saw the rest.... Ran for it. Managed to climb onto some rocks, it's been a few hours since then, and I think the dogs are gone.

PDA: OFFLINE

Ace of Hearts

Startup Sequence Initiated...
Checking Networks...
Checking executeables...
Checking Operating System...
Check Complete; Logging in...

Password: ***

Log #39

Zone forbid I have any luck. Dogs are still out there, just waiting for me. I can't sit here forever, and nobody is responding to my distress call; I've got to make a move.

---------------------------------------------

Log #40

Barely made it away from that one; I jumped down off the rocks, and just made a run for it. Turns out the dogs were faster, so I ended up spinning around mid-run and unloading into the pack, killed most of them. The rest got scared at that point and ran off, but not before the biggest one managed to jump on me and scratch me a few times. Stings like hell, but I've already taken care of it. Gotta' keep moving, before the rest man up and come back...

Log #41

In a place called Rostok, supposedly it was some factory before the Chernobyl accidents. I checked for some old tools, anything I could
take back with me to Freedom. No dice. Whole place is pretty much empty, looted of anything and everything of value. There's nobody here, aside from
isolated squads of poorly-equipped Dutyers. Wonder what they want with a place like this. There's not really any mutants either, which is strange, considering how deep into the Zone I am.

Log #42

Turns out I was wrong. There ARE mutants here, lots of 'em too. They were hiding! Can you believe that? They actually set up an ambush! Duty squad
walked too close to this one building, looked like a warehouse, and before you know it, there's these half-human, half-something freaks that walk on
all fours climbing out of the window, and jumping down onto the Dutyers below. Duty boystried to fight 'em off, were able to at least force them back
into the warehouse. I wanted to help, but I knew if I wanted a chance to get through I had to remain undetected.

Log #43

Managed to sneak past that Duty squad, and the warehouse full of... things. I don't know what to call them, they just creep me the fuck out. They look
so human, but their behavior... Frightening creatures, to say the least. I'm getting close to the Red Forest now, and that means a way into Pripyat.
Maybe this whole trip will actually be fruitful; I'll find an artifact or two, kill a big mutant and get a trophy off its corpse, and go back to and go back to Freedom a hero.

PDA: OFFLINE

Genesis