PDA Logs - Nikki Maslov

Started by Paintcheck, 07-04-2010

Turkey

Paintcheck

Username: Nikki
Password: **********

4 Messages/0 Unread

{Log 9}

Whew. Things just...I don't even know if they are better or worse or what. Probably worse. In fact, definitely worse.

Alright to start Freedom got raided by a 1 man army. Should say 1 woman army actually. Some-I hesitate to even call her a person-thing launched an attack on Freedom. Just bum rushed the base flinging nades everywhere. Was real fun. Shot me in the chest and shot Tommy up pretty bad...and shot everyone else up pretty much. And then she just....stopped. Tied her up and held her I guess, not really sure since I was bleeding bad from the gunshot. Luckily Freedom has a STALKER who knows something about medicine, his name is Matthias. He patched me up real well. Got kind of flustered while doing it, made Tommy uncomfortable to have another man essentially fondling my breasts but...he was professional and frankly embarrassed to be doing it so I didn't really mind.

2 days or so after that the creature (whose name is apparently Halo) escaped. Seth and Goose claimed Blaze and Jayne had something to do with it. I don't believe it since they are both good friends but....Blaze is gone, haven't seen him in weeks and Seth and Goose have apparently been actively trying to kill him. And he hasn't tried to clear his name so...No. I won't believe that.

Andrick left the Zone with Autumn recently. Decided to start a life on his own. Didn't even say goodbye. I wish him well but...I never got to tell him...well...that I loved him. Not to say I don't love Tom but Andrick was much more than a friend. I hope he is happy, wherever he is. Maybe one day I'll see him again. Speaking of departures Brandon took off back to America. Apparently he's ill or something and needs to get back for treatment. All my friends are leaving. It's sad. Picked up another recruit, her name is Erin. God she reminds me so much of me it's...crazy. She's really shy but she'll come around. I did...sort of.

While recovering I met with Matthias a few times. Each time he got flustered, I actually felt bad for him. Guess he doesn't work with too many girls. Nice guy. Things healed well and I'm back to playing basketball but...it's just not the same without Andrick. Seems it just isn't as fun any more...God I miss him.

Been thinking about this all for a while now and...I've decided to leave the Zone. Want to go home and talk to my parents, want to get away from the killing and the vileness of this place. I...don't know if I'll come back. I haven't told anyone but Tommy, just so he wouldn't worry. I don't want him following me, I just don't want him to worry when I'm gone. I told him to find a new girl and forget about me, and that maybe I'll come back one day. He would have none of that. Somewhat ironically he had someone make a beautiful necklace for me. Has a nightstar chunk in it and is engraved to say "To Nikki, with all my love, your love Tommy" No one has ever given me something like that before. Actually no one has ever given me any sort of jewelry before. We made love under the stars that night afterward. Felt terrible after but...I need to do this. I need to go home for a bit, if for no other reason than to talk to my parents again. I need time to think. And maybe I will stay in the real world, find my niche and not have to go back to the killing or the danger. And then I always think "But what about Tommy?"

My bags are packed and I have an exfil plan in place. I leave in two days. I'll see what happens then.

{End Log 9}

Celtic

//
Quote from: Paintcheck on 23-05-2010
Picked up another recruit, her name is Erin. God she reminds me so much of me it's...crazy.
Funny since Bto knows your char OOCly too.  Hmm...

Ping-Pong

SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Goose

// Cry some moar STALKER
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Paintcheck

((From the back woods comes my most recent log. It's funny that I wrote this while on my 3 day solo since it's about Nikki coming home when I still had 6 days in the woods left in real life. Think it turned out really good))

{Log 10}

Been out of the Zone for about a week now, am writing this on paper instead of a PDA. Feels weird. Decided to continue keeping a journal back here in the "real world".

Departed the Zone last Wednesday. Posted 1 final message on the Freedom Network, grabbed Grandpa's Mosin and my things, and left early in the morning. Hiked back to the Cordon, luckily everyone I knew was asleep so I didn't have to get awkward. Thought about waking Tommy up to say good bye but...I think this way is better. I hope he doesn't hate me...

At the Cordon I met up with my ride, a soldier who handles resupply for the big firebase out here. Was wary but heard he was legit from a few people so I tried not to worry too much. Kept my LR300 close by the whole way, just in case. Driver talked a fair amount, guess he does this a lot for STALKERs to supplement his income but hasn't ever met one like me (I am just now getting used to the sense of wonder people have out here when they see boobs...but yeah). Seemed like an ok person so I spoke a bit. Once we reached the checkpoint though, things got dicey. I was wearing an old BDU jacket so from a distance the guards would assume I was a soldier but as luck would have it the CO at the post hasn't seen a girl in weeks and started to hit on me. Which wouldn't have been a problem to shrug off except that I didn't know what to say when asked about my unit, CO, or MO. Truck-dude (whose name I never got) came to my rescue and said I was attached to the supply unit outside the Zone which is why the guard had never seen me before. We drove off quickly before anyone else asked any more questions.

He dropped me off about halfway between the supply base and the Cordon. I thanked him, tried to pay him but he wouldn't take my money. He wished me luck and I was off. That was when it hit me how sketchy I probably looked. Was wearing my Freedom BDUs, Tommy's tie dye shirt, and carrying the LR300 and the Mosin Nagant. This close to the Cordon a soldier or a cop might have seen me for what I was. Walked as fast as I could down the road because it was still early and no cars were out yet. The second I heard one (after a few hours of walking) I ducked into the woods and figured I could say I was hunting or something and it might be believable. Luckily no one ever paid attention to me or if they noticed me they chose not to care. Either way I made good time.

Arrived in the vicinity of home that night but was late and I didn't want to cause a disturbance. Slept outside under the stars. Stars have always fascinated me. I always used to wonder what else is out there and if, maybe somewhere far out in space, a girl like me is looking at the night sky and wondering the same thing.

Woke up late and immediately wondered where I was. First time in a while I haven't been in either a barracks full of people or next to Tommy. Felt terrified at confronting everyone again, especially Mom, but I figured I had already come this far so I went for it.

Tried to ignore the weird looks as I walked to my house. Lots of double-takes and mumbling as I passed. I know a few of the other people my age also turned S.T.A.L.K.E.R, though I haven't seen any of them in the Zone ((If anyone wants to RP that, let me know)). I think some of the villagers knew what I had been doing. Reached home after running this gauntlet of curious eyes and tried the knob. Locked, of course. I knocked awkwardly. Heard barking inside. The door open and Shadow bolted out, leaping on me and knocking me over. Dad was close behind. He started to apologize for Shadow, saw it was me, and joined me on the ground, hugging me and apologizing and reprimanding me all at once. Just when he and the dog started to let up Mom showed up and I was hit with another wave of emotion (though I stayed on my feet this time).

After all that was over we went into the kitchen and I told them what I had been doing. Well, parts of it anyway. Focused mainly on being a mechanic and the fun parts. Didn't talk about fighting or Tommy, didn't want to alarm them. Handed over the money I had made, they were astonished. They thought I was such a useless screw-up before but boy did I prove them wrong. Another round of hugging and crying followed. I realized I probably looked like a wreck so I excused myself and went up to my room. Everything was how I had left it, including the TV I was fixing before I departed for the Zone. This was the first time I had seen a real mirror in ages.

I have always been skinny but working in the Zone had changed that. I now had some muscle on me and frankly I thought I looked good. My hair had grown out a bit, I have always kept it short to keep it out of my eyes but...maybe I'll keep it. Maybe I should stop trying to be "one of the guys" and just be...me. I closed the door and pulled Tommy's shirt off. The scar on my chest was fading and everything else looked good. I muttered "Thank you" to Matthias, wherever he is, and took a shower. To please Mom I brushed my hair and put on a dress. I don't typically wear them but it makes Mom happy so...whatever. Part of me wished Tommy could see me now.

Headed back downstairs. Both Mom and Dad noticed my new appearance right away, that almost started the hugging and crying again. Even Shadow gave me a curious look, then he plopped down at my feet on the floor next to my chair. It was then they noticed my necklace.

"Where did you get that?" asked Mom, extending her hand to see it. I explained it was a piece of an artifact as I handed it over, hoping they wouldn't notice the inscription. Of course they did:

"To My Love Nikki, Love Tommy"

I had to explain now. The table went silent and then my Mom, realizing how painful this was, started making lunch. We ate and they caught me up with what was happening at home.

It was nice to be back in my own bed, in my own house, not getting shot at, with a warm dog to comfort me. It was good to be home but...I think I might have made a mistake...

Oh, Tommy!

{End Log 10}

Ping-Pong

// I liked it, log ten will now be a mystery if anyone ever gets a hand on that PDA of yours.
SRP Characters-

Paintcheck

2 Messages/0 Unread

{Log 11}

Almost forgot about these. Have a lot to talk about in this one.

For starters I died. Like lights-out, no breathing, shot in the head dead. And then I got better.

It all started after I'd been home for a bit when Tommy showed up...I don't know how he found me but he did. He met my parents and things went...well surprisingly. He dragged me back to the Zone, saying that Freedom needed me and that he would protect me which I thought was kind of cute, chivalrous and all.

My first day back in the Zone Tommy and me were snuggling in his hot tub talking about the future and all of a sudden we hear an explosion. Over the radio we hear a bunch of cries for help from Schelk and some other rookies, they were saying Monolith were invading the junkyard. We rushed to help.

With my SVD I bagged 4 of them but they managed to surround us and I got shot in the side and incapacitated. The Monolith were interested in prisoners so they dragged all of us still alive in a big pile. I was terrified and seeing Tommy all shot up didn't help. I groped for his hand and held on tight.

The Monolith leader was going around to all the prisoners and examining them. He executed all of them and then he got to me and Tommy. He stopped at me first. Somehow I knew that this was going to be the end. I squeezed his hand and said "I love you." One of the Monos told the leader "She was that sniper" and that settled it. He looked me right in the eye and said "Love is for the weak" and...and then everything went black as he pulled the trigger.

...And then I woke up. I came to and it was the weirdest feeling I was like a ghost. My body was gone but I was still conscious. Standing across from me was a girl but...something was strange about her. She wasn't human, I could tell. She explained that she had nabbed my Soul after I got shot and was holding onto it and that was why I was still alive. And then just to taunt me she said she intended to use my Soul to get back at Andrick for something...It's a wonder I didn't go crazy...She also said she could take me to Tommy which I begged her to do. She laughed and said "Be careful what you wish for" and set me off.

Tommy apparently had been deemed fit as a prisoner and the Monolith had dragged him to their base and did...whatever it is they do to people. He was alone on a bunk with the dog tags I made for him still around his neck. I tried to snuggle up with him but that proved problematic as I was apparently invisible. He certainly realized someone was there but when I tried to talk to him (he could hear me) he didn't know who I was and was suspicious and angry. Well that made me want to kill myself but...well yeah.

The creature then called me back. She/it wanted me to talk to Andrick next so I did. I explained what happened and he nearly lost it. Apparently the mutant/demon/creature thing had told him that she/it had my Soul and could make me come back...for a price. That price was Andrick's Soul and he was all set to sacrifice himself for me and Tommy even after I begged him to forget it. The demon seemed to think all this was an absolute riot. The rest of us were not amused.

I'm not really sure what happened between then and when I came back to life, the demon didn't let me out for any length of time so I was stuck in...nothingness for I don't know how long. Then one day I found myself with Tommy again...except he was still brainwashed. Apparently he had been rescued from the Monolith so he was now a STALKER but he still had no emotions nor did he know who I was. I don't really recall that conversation, I had been growing steadily weaker and weaker like this world's hold on me was slowly unraveling. I probably cried. A lot.

About that time another mutant walked in. This one also looked human but his eyes were...oh God they were scary. He had my body with him. He informed us that someone had paid to...restore us. While I was trying to wrap my ghost-brain around that he knocked Tommy out and somehow fixed him. And then he...did something and I...woke up. In my body. Alive.

Since then I've been playing a lot of basketball and working on guns and trying not to think about what happened. Tommy and me are talking about getting married, I don't know if I'm ready for that but at the same time I died and...bah I'll worry about that later.

After a few weeks of enjoying being alive again Tommy and I again found ourselves cuddling in his room. He had been growing marijuana and I wanted to try some. That was a mistake. I'm not really sure what happened after but I remember there being a bunch of Tommy's friends in his room all drunk and stoned and at some point I apparently got on that pole he has with my top off and another Freedomer got pictures and...Tommy and I beat him senseless. And I'm ashamed when I think about how much I enjoyed hurting him for taking pictures of me. I am a monster.

Tommy's been teaching me English. I feel like I should thank him for that. I talked to a trader who is apparently a friend of his and asked him to get me some lingerie and dresses and stuff. I hope Tommy likes it...

{End Log 11}

Killabreu

*Bleep bleep* "Message Recieved"
Sender:East
Subject:Why are you all so angry?
Message: Hey. Hope Tom is enjoying the lingerie and all that. *Smileyface* Anyways, I was down in Freedomtown not too long ago, and you have a lot of ....group mates? Whatever. "Comrades" as many Eastern Europeans call them, that simply love to piss me off. I got drunk, and nearly blew one of your men's head off with a revolver. Then I proceeded to receive an apology after threatening with war. Anyways, uhh...yeah. I can only hope that it doesn't come to me shooting someone. Again. Just need to make them shut up. Anyways, just tell them that the reason they don't see many traders setting up in their bar is because the traders always get treated like shit. Look at Hugo. Anyways, I'll be in touch. Remember, if there's anything that you or Tommy need, contact me. You've got my details.
*A picture of a stamp, simply saying "E.W." in script.*

SRP Characters:
Callsign "Faust" - Loner.
Callsign "Eastwood" - American trader.
Roger McMillan - Ex-RIRA. Ex-DUTY. Mercenary.

meetdadoom

Wow this is really well written but is this a love novel? Also lol I saw that one thing with the medical supplies and against duty. I was there and I actally think I remember seeing you hiding in a bush and you were like please don't or something oocly. Good thing I didn't.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Paintcheck

3 Messages/0 Unread

{Log 12}

Happy Birthday to me! Well, yesterday was my actual birthday but I didn't have time to write. Finally not a teenager any more, it's weird how old I feel even though I'm only 20. Guess that's what happens when you come back from the dead...

Tommy and I left the Zone last week for an "extended vacation" in Tommy's words. At first I wasn't sure if I was ready to leave. As terrifying as the Zone is it is also the only place in the world where I can be who I am...But I decided I need to trust Tommy more, especially after he observed one time while we were cuddling that I was the "boy" in this relationship. Thought about it and he's right so I decided to make him man up and make decisions himself. And playing "hard to get" with him is hilarious...

Anyway we had been talking about leaving since I was....uh...resurrected? and Tommy finally arranged it. Thanks to Blaze we got actual papers and passports and all that stuff so we were able to not only leave the Zone but leave Ukraine. I was nervous at first about leaving Freedom (both the group and the freedom that comes with being in the Zone) but Tommy assured me that it would be worth it.

Tommy's already been to my home so he decided to take me to America. This was problematic as my English is not that good. And by "not that good" I mean I can't read it, write it, speak more than a few sentences of it, or understand it. Also marked the first time I had been in an airport before or on a plane. Was a loooooong flight but Tommy makes a good pillow. We arrived in New York and I have never seen buildings that tall or that many people. Ever. It turned out to be a short stop as Tommy hates the city and we were just waiting for our next flight which took us to Tennessee where Tommy grew up ((Tom if I got any part of this wrong let me know so I can fix it, it was a while since we did that RP where we talked about where you came from)). This seemed more my speed. We spent a few days in a hotel before finding an apartment. We didn't have all that much with us since apparently in America guns and kevlar aren't acceptable everyday wear. At least the apartment had some furniture in it already.

Thanks to Eastwood I had all the clothes, underwear and everything else I would ever need for the rest of my life but Tommy didn't, mostly because I kept ruining his shirts in the Zone by getting shot while wearing them. He set out to go get some food and clothes and I stayed behind. Tried watching American TV, didn't understand any of it and ended up taking a nap. Tom came home and we ate and snuggled some more.

The next few days we spent relaxing and enjoying being out of the Zone...or at least he did. I've never been so bored and I can't believe I feel that way but I do. For my birthday Tom spent most of the day making sure I was happy and we went out to eat. He tried making a cake for me, too. It was a valiant effort but....well it tasted ok at least. He's so sweet but he could stand to learn a thing or two about cooking.

After he went to bed I slipped out and looked at the sky for a bit because I always like seeing the stars, but only a few were visible. It's nothing like the pitch black of the Zone...

{End Log 12}

meetdadoom

....There are skyscrapers in ukraine, infact...there is no taxes on making property that thousands of buildings,homes,etc are being built.

Paintcheck

//She's from a rural area I know the Ukraine has skyscrapers.

Radek

**New Message**
Sender: Unknown

Subject: Wish you the best
It's been a long time little one.. I wish i could have followed you two out of this place.. But it's not my destiny to leave the zone.
I'm sorry that i left you two like i did.. I wish i could have seen you and Tom settle down, get married..
But the zone has something different in store for me.
People like me don't get happy endings. I have a long road ahead of me..
I'm sorry that i couldn't do more for you little one.
I wish you and Tom the best.. And know that i'll always be here for you little one.
Ps Tell Tom i'll kick his ass if he fucks up.

Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Tom

// Im gonna miss these lol
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Ping-Pong

SRP Characters-

Ping-Pong

Incoming Message...
Message Received!
Author: Andrick Nesterov
Subject: From Russia with Love

Hey, Andrick here, checking in on my sister. How have you been? God, I nearly gave my wife a bleeding heart attack when I came back. I feel like such an asshole for letting you and Tom go through so much hell. Recently, I got a message from my father, he is still in the Zone, still in the Center, but something is different. I am thinking of going back, but through and though, I made a promise to both my wife and Tom. What was that promise? Never to go back to that bat shit fucking crazy ass place. I hope you are having fun with Tommy Boy and I hope you are learning new things over there, the things that Tom and I weren't able to teach you, that being English.

Signing off, good luck,
-Andrick Nesterov
SRP Characters-

meetdadoom

.// I see wha'chu ded dar "Subject: From Russian with Love"

Paintcheck

4 Messages/0 Unread

{Log 13}

Wow it has been a while. Seems I have less and less to write about these days since I'm not getting shot at every other day. Thanks to Tommy's dad we now have a house...it's enormous compared to back home. Has a well-stocked basement with all sorts of tools and things for me to play with. It's awesome.

English lessons are still going on, I think I'm getting better but I still don't like speaking in English if I can help it.

The Zone continues to call to me. I got a message from...I think it's from Blaze which has to be a hoax or something because Tom told me he died...then again I died once and look at me now. More troubling is the Demon, that creature Andrick got involved with has been-I don't know how to describe it-haunting me. It's furious at Andrick (what else is new?) but for some reason it takes its anger out on me. Every few nights it will start talking in my head, making me relive dying over and over again and otherwise hurting me. I can't stop it. I think it's hoping I will somehow convince Andrick to go back and deal with it but I don't think that is likely to happen. Since it can talk to me and I'm 6000+ miles away I don't see why it can't talk to Andrick whose less than 1000 ((I didn't actually look up how far either of those places are from the Zone, don't post like "lol you can't do distances" it's not important)). Tommy tries to make me feel better when it happens but he can't do much. The Demon is my head and nothing Tommy does makes it go away. It leaves when it wants to.

I don't want to tell Tommy this, but I really want to get back in the Zone if for no other reason than to get the Demon to stop bothering me. Andrick angered it, Andrick should be the one paying, not me.

{End Log 13}

Paintcheck

4 Messages/0 Unread

{Log 14}

The Demon has stopped bothering me...and I got a strange call from Andrick about the time when it happened. He called asking if the Demon had stopped just out of the blue and when I tried to ask him what he was talking about he abruptly hung up. I think he might have once again gone back to the Zone. Well...part of me worries about him, he was like a brother to me, but at the same time part of me is glad he went to go face the Demon and get it to stop taking its anger out on me.

Don't have much else to say, normal life isn't very interesting to write about.

{End Log 14}

She turns the PDA off and sets it on the desk and crawls back into her bed. She pulls the covers up and closes her eyes but sleep doesn't come immediately. She thinks again of her death and the Demon, replaying those events over and over in her mind (this time of her own free will and not from the Demon haunting her) and finally drifts off to an exhausted, restless sleep.

Paintcheck

4 Messages/0 Unread

{Log 15}

Woke up today and felt restless and bored. These feelings have been following me for a while and I don't like them. The Demon has stayed silent so whatever Andrick did he managed to shut it up though I bet it is still out there. Don't think Andrick killed it, he was strangely attached to the thing.

I'm still able to log onto the Freedom network even out here in America so I check it occasionally. Got excited when I saw they were putting together an exoskeleton and was all set to help...and then remembered that I'm not there any more.

Learning English is going well, Tommy says I am almost fluent although I still have an accent. He says it's sexy. Not sure if he's joking or not but it makes me laugh either way. He always knows what to say...Maybe I should talk to him about going back. Just for a little bit...

{End Log 15}

She knows those thoughts are dangerous, knows she should stay away but the Zone seems to call to her every day in some way or another. Perhaps she lost part of her Soul there when she died, perhaps it's the Demon, perhaps she is just bloodthirsty and wants to kill again (though she would never admit that to herself). She looks at her rifle hanging on the wall almost longingly for a moment before she hears Tommy walk in. She buries her PDA behind a stack of magazines and smiles at him. She stands and walks over to hug him, but in the back of her head she hears the Zone whispering to her...

Turkey

//Then suddenly, She flys a jet into freedom smashing into the wall. Hops out and is like I am back!
Everyone in freedom Q.Q's because they're happy shes back, Then she has a stroke. The end xD

Paintcheck

4 Messages/0 Unread

{Log 16}

So bored. America is too safe...that's a weird thought to have. Haven't been writing much because nothing ever happens.

I want to go back.

There I said it.

{End Log 16}

Tom

// Didn't we say Tommy got shot and shit(non-fatal), sorry to interject and stuff but yeah, I was planning a long story but stuff popped up
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22