Operation North.

Started by Bagelz, 21-09-2009

Bagelz

Halo 3: ODST Original Soundtrack - The Menagerie
5:54 PM. 9/10/2009....

Operation North is a conducted large-scale operation to lead a path safely to the North. On the journey, many things should be discovered. Any loot is to be taken back, and artifacts are to be sent to the Ecologist Program. Those who help will also be well paid. But what's better knowing...You got paid? Or you helped benefit the world....
Either way, Operation North will be one of the largest funded programs by the Traders Union in history. It should help stabilize the economy, and enhance the world by making it a better place with new medical knowledge as well. Many artifacts lie in discovery, and we all are still puzzled as to what they do...

8:50PM. 9/14/2009....
"Yes...yes...it's all coming together now. We're so close... I can already see the North when I sleep. We "have" to get there... We must. I don't know how this can fail. We already have outside-world governments funding us, Sidorovich and Barkeep agreed to help us, and most of the ecologist seem to like the idea. I know they're probably pretty scared, but who wouldn't be? We've never been to the North...We' don't know what's there. But hopefully, we can get the Military to support the operation"
10:24PM. 9/17/2009....
"Yes, yes! I just received my shipment of goods for the Operation from Sidorovich. There is NO WAY this can fail now. Oh man...they- they even supplied us with a few SKAT suits! I can't begin to count how many STALKER suits there are... Oh my god, there has be at "LEAST" a million rubles worth of goods here. Yes! All is left now is to plan out the operation with everyone."

9/19/2009....
"It's all coming together now. The agreements have been made, the contracts have been written, the supplies were received, and now all is left is to detail the plan...Hopefully Tkachuk and Stovsky like it. I am confident the operation will succeed. And god speed with us all...."

9/21/2009....

"Incredible. I can't believe it... A private squad, I nicknamed "Beta" has returned with a few few amazing finds, and sadly; a few casualties. But we must not let a few mistakes get in the way of the worlds benefit.

They brought me back an artifact known as the "Mama's Beads". A truly, marvelous thing indeed. Sadly, Squad beta retreated from a the tunnel after being attacked by an unknown force. But from what I've gathered, there are many amazing things to be had in the North. I quote from the squads leader, Dogusty. "Before we had to leave the tunnel, we saw something amazing. Perhaps one of the strangest anomalies I have ever seen in my life. It glowed a bright yellow, so bright...It lit up the entire area. We found a few artifacts deep within the tunnels walls, and managed to pry them out. Before we left, we lost two squad members. I believe their names were Dimitri, and Ivanov. Something killed them...and I don't know what. But I'm not going back, nor are my men. That was perhaps one of the scariest places I have ever been to in my life, and Khaletskiy is risking everything"...

"Pah, risking everything, yeah right! He's a fool, an impeccable fool. He's really going to miss out. It's a shame he didn't share the coordinates with me. The bastard and his squad ran away before I could question them! Oh well, better luck next time. I know the Military will be able to easily handle this."  

9/27/2009...

"I met him...- I finally, finally met him. The only and only, "him". He showed me the truth, the meaning of being a Stalker. He showed me what it was like to travel to the worst, rankest, darkest parts of the Zone itself. The truth he showed me, I will never forget..."

"As for the the small area of the North we traversed too, it was quite interesting. The small buildings around Limansk were quite desecrated from blowouts, anomalies, gunfire, and overall age. We saw many interesting things, such as the most powerful anomalies in the Zone, interesting sites and sights, documents, and many other odd things..."

"The most interesting of it all, was the hospital near Limansk. War-town, and destroyed by wars between the old factions of Clear sky and others. We saw some cool things here as well. I won't go into detail, but it was quite the journey."

"How "He" led me there, is a mystery. But I don't question his skills in traversing the Zone. After all, he is one of the most renowned STALKERS in the Zone! But hopefully, I will one day return. Perhaps once Operation North goes into affect, we will go even further."

"For many, many months now. I have been working undercover with hundreds of inhabitants of the Zone. From Sidorovich, to the Barkeep, the military soldiers, to ecologists, the plan is finally coming together... Gentleman, I present...Operation North."

"Operation North is a large-scale plan to finally secure what has been found to be an open-path to the North in the area. From what I have gathered from my squads, it leads all the way into the North, but we are not certain yet. The photos my squads brought back contained many interesting things. From new artifacts, anomalies, and all the way up to new mutants."

"We will have multiple squads. Squad 1 will consist of Army units. Squad 2 will consist of Ecologists, and Squad 3 will consist of any others who wish to help secure the path..."

"Squad 1 will consist of Ukraine Army Units, Military STALKERS, HIND units, and whatever else they can spare"

"Squad 2 will consist of Ecologist's. This contains Field Workers, Ecologist STALKERS, Scientists, and whoever else wants to proceed within."

"Squad 3 will consist of anyone else who wishes to help. Stalkers, Bandits, Mercenaries, you name it. I will be there, as well. I have to see this for myself. Any traders who wish to go as well may do so."

"The Military squads will conduct an air mapping of the territory in HIND helicopters and on foot. They will detail the area, anomalous fields, dangerous areas, and radioactive hot spots. After this is complete, Squads 2, and 3 will be dispatched to the North with their own chosen back-up. The Military will most likely receive funding from the Ukraine Government, as well as the Ecologist. The Traders Union will supply them if need be though."

SF Name:
|HGN-STTA| Bagelz

IC Names:
Khaletskiy Lachance

Event name:
"Operation North"

Main factions involved:
Military. Loners. Stalkers. Traders Union. Ecologist. Anyone who wants to help. "Enemies of these factions, will have to work together. It will bring a new experience for most players, and that is working with the enemy."

Event details:
It is slightly based off of the beginning of Call of Pripyat. Operation North will be a large-scale, role-play event that will hopefully show what is in the North. The details are being worked out, and it will mostly be about recovering artifacts that benefit man-kind, and the world. It will consist of helicopters role-playing mapping out the area, and everything inside it. Then, Ecologists, and everyone else who participates will go inside to see what is to be found. Many may die, and many will succeed. Everyone who participates will benefit, and will earn major respect if done properly.  

Required Props:

Artifacts, multiple helicopters, and a large-scale of players.

Bagelz

I'm not sure if this will work or not. Role-playing this on the map we have will be very...awkward indeed. Criticism is necessary for this type of event

Lucidius

Sounds like a map change would be needed.

Looks fun though, would be very interesting.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Farenheit

I want it, but with this map...I'll have to say no.

Bagelz

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/79849
This map would be perfect, but I don't know if Silver would want to use it :s

Farenheit

I ca....yeah that looks good. I'm sure allot of us here in the community can map (/me raises hand) and we could pull a group map project.

ISPYUDIE

I love that idea

klp4

I love the idea mate! This event sure would be really nice to do.
Good thinking!
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Agonix

That event must happen! Silver plox give us map!
"Intelligence and the heart is like an hourglass. When one is filled, other becomes empty."

Damned

Woohoo! Moar events!

asoldier290

How can you go north with the brainscorcher still activated? it prevents anyone from getting past the Monolith borders guarding pryat

Pawx

Lucidius

Quote from: asoldier290 on 22-09-2009
How can you go north with the brainscorcher still activated? it prevents anyone from getting past the Monolith borders guarding pryat

Play CS.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Strelok Holmes

Quote from: Lucidius on 22-09-2009

Play CS.
We'r RPing SoC supposedly.. brainscortcher is active... 

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Farenheit

Quote from: Coletrain on 22-09-2009
Quote from: Lucidius on 22-09-2009
I've heard from everyone that this is AFTER SoC, but didn't Strelok get past it with some other guys some how? I can't quite remember.
Play CS.
We'r RPing SoC supposedly.. brainscortcher is active...  
My fail post was fail. Anywho, I MEANT to say I've heard from everyone that this is after SoC, and I can't remember how Strelok got past the brainscortcher. But however he did, can't we just do his method?

deluxulous

He used a psy wave protection device and essentially just pulled the plugs.

Strelok Holmes

Clear sky, his way went to hell... SoC, he shut the scorcher off and all hell broke loose in the mono-town.

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Farenheit

Then our only really problem by now is ze map. I always thought multiple map changes would be cool. Make the event longer, make it more cannon I guess.

asoldier290

No because in the SoC Cannon Strelok was under the influence of C-Con. all his actions were not his own after he found the artifact part of the wish granter. Even in clear sky he was non-responsive and was completeing the Task implanted in his memories by C-Con thats why in the end of clear Sky you ahve to shoot his head with the Gauss cannon so he cannot recieve orders anymore VIA the Psi emitter.

Steel

Well to be honest, if monolith can comply with the idea, then it will make it even more exciting, i mean, they are ment to guard those paths, so their should be quite a bit of enemy contact.
if they participate. Im up for it if its happeneing.

Farenheit

Well unless the C-Consciousness has control of all of us then we're going to have to come up with a pretty good idea on getting past the brain scorcher. And monolith will NOT help, please god no the RP's uncannon enough.

Zero

CS was before Strelok disabled/joined the C-Consciousness and Call of Pripyat is coming soon, taking place after that so, it should be available, but HIGHLY guarded by the monolith, so we should be expecting problems if it happens.

Goose

Seems like a good idea im for it if you can get enough people and that map...
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

El Presidente

Sounds fucking awesome, hopefully I can participate.

Bagelz

Not sure if it's even possible at this point. Wouldn't be anywhere near enough players for it, nor do we have a proper map.