Operation North.

Started by Bagelz, 21-09-2009

Torch

Quote from: Bagelz on 23-09-2009
Not sure if it's even possible at this point. Wouldn't be anywhere near enough players for it, nor do we have a proper map.

Find an urban map and say we're in Pypiat and not the NPP?

RayDark

Im lost, I played STALKER so long ago...

Fuck's a brain scorcher?

Everything else I remember... Even mono-hell.

asoldier290

Brainschorcher is a device that C-Con Developed in order to isolate themselves from the world, it emits large amounts of damaging PSI waves and "Scorches" anyones mind that approaches a certain monolith defense line. in the SoC Cannon Strelokk destroys it and everyone and their grandma rushes the northern defense line, Military and all and it becomes a Unreal Tournament Arena with every faction fighting at the Chernobyl NPP.

In my Opinion it was a good idea but maybe instead of mapping a way to the north maybe find ways to Destroy the Scorcher (but fail). this way the TImeline wont change and people wont be like all, "Oh Monolith got their asses kicked and it dont exist anymore"

Locke

It would be fun to have a big event like that with every faction.

Goose

Sounds epic some one should make a map so we can do this.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Zero

It would be fun just to change the map to something more urban for a change.

Goose

An urban theme would be great hide in buildings to tactical clearing, close quarter combat that would be epic
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Bagelz

9/27/2009...

"I met him...- I finally, finally met him. The only and only, "him". He showed me the truth, the meaning of being a Stalker. He showed me what it was like to travel to the worst, rankest, darkest parts of the Zone itself. The truth he showed me, I will never forget..."

"As for the the small area of the North we traversed too, it was quite interesting. The small buildings around Limansk were quite desecrated from blowouts, anomalies, gunfire, and overall age. We saw many interesting things, such as the most powerful anomalies in the Zone, interesting sites and sights, documents, and many other odd things..."

"The most interesting of it all, was the hospital near Limansk. War-town, and destroyed by wars between the old factions of Clear sky and others. We saw some cool things here as well. I won't go into detail, but it was quite the journey."

"How "He" led me there, is a mystery. But I don't question his skills in traversing the Zone. After all, he is one of the most renowned STALKERS in the Zone! But hopefully, I will one day return. Perhaps once Operation North goes into affect, we will go even further."

Up to you and your knowledge of the game to figure out who "him" and "he" is.

Steel

So whens this event gonna take place?

Bagelz

Not really sure. At the moment, we need a MAP, a LOT of players for it, and a good direction. I really don't know when it will, but hopefully, it will.

Steel

Well its not an issue getting the players. You just gotta pick a decent day, like a friday night, where people will be up all night coz of no work/school

Bagelz

While that may be so, there are plenty of faction members who are totally incapable of participating in such an event.

Steel

Then oberserve the server and hand pick who you think will be decent enough, and i agree with your claim there,
Ive been here a week and i can RP better than some people.
I got alot of previous experience tho with TnB and what not.

Lucidius

Quote from: asoldier290 on 22-09-2009
No because in the SoC Cannon Strelok was under the influence of C-Con. all his actions were not his own after he found the artifact part of the wish granter. Even in clear sky he was non-responsive and was completeing the Task implanted in his memories by C-Con thats why in the end of clear Sky you ahve to shoot his head with the Gauss cannon so he cannot recieve orders anymore VIA the Psi emitter.

Pretty sure you just shot it to disable his psy-emitter, so his brain get's fried, hence why he is tweaking out in the ending, and how he is brainwashed by C-Con.

As for the whole 'he' lead me stuff, i'm assuming you mean Guide?

He's awesome.

Or do you mean Forrester?
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bagelz

More of Doc, really ;)

asoldier290

Originally strelok and Fang went to the Wishgranter first. thats when Strelok came to Doc with the Object and ended up badly. then all strelok could remember was his old programming to head north. but he was given a new task and that was to kill strelok which was a mistake because he wasnt aware that he was strelok til the end of the game.

Bagelz

Added a new song to the theme.

Steel

I think you should get the event going soon :P

Plunger

Quote from: Farenheit on 22-09-2009
Quote from: Coletrain on 22-09-2009
Quote from: Lucidius on 22-09-2009
Quote from: asoldier290 on 22-09-2009
How can you go north with the brainscorcher still activated? it prevents anyone from getting past the Monolith borders guarding pryat
I've heard from everyone that this is AFTER SoC, but didn't Strelok get past it with some other guys some how? I can't quite remember.
Play CS.
We'r RPing SoC supposedly.. brainscortcher is active...  
My fail post was fail. Anywho, I MEANT to say I've heard from everyone that this is after SoC, and I can't remember how Strelok got past the brainscortcher. But however he did, can't we just do his method?
You mean shut off the brainscorcher? No thanks.

Soldier, Strelok was only going to the North on his own decision in CS. He was only controlled by the C-Con in SoC.

Steel

Part of the RP can be an elite group of stalkers that go to turn it off, then the community can jump a generation to CoP instead!

Plunger

Quote from: the jackal on 06-10-2009
Part of the RP can be an elite group of stalkers that go to turn it off, then the community can jump a generation to CoP instead!
No

Steel

But why not? it will change things.

Plunger

Quote from: the jackal on 06-10-2009
But why not? it will change things.

Just no.

Steel

Your reason is briliant.

Bagelz

Event is being put on hold *lol kinda obvious*. We just do not have the resources to make this happen yet. We need good, GOOD players, a custom map, ect.