Ok, we need to come up with a ruleset for Zombies.

Started by Duranblackraven, 28-01-2011

Duranblackraven

First night back from about a month of being unable to get on the server and I get this:
Nikolai Kotromanich has used '/Me loads his abakan.'.
** [An averge built man w...] loads his abakan.
Nikolai Kotromanich has used '/Me raises it.'.
** [An averge built man w...] raises it.
[Dressed as a man, she...] says "What's tha military gonna do?"
Nikolai Kotromanich has used '/Me aims at the militant.'.
** [An averge built man w...] aims at the militant.
Shambles has used '/Me mumbles something, seeing the hooded stalker and moveing for them, one hand out.'.
** Shambles mumbles something, seeing the hooded stalker and moveing for them, one hand out.
Nikolai Kotromanich has used '/Me pulls the trigger after getting aim.'.
** [An averge built man w...] pulls the trigger after getting aim.
Shambles took damage from Nikolai Kotromanich with abakan.
Nikolai Kotromanich killed Shambles with abakan.

Now, I'm not complaining about dieing, hell I expected to. However I spend the time building up through RP the encounter this fairly new player was going to have with a zombie, and I get instantly gunned down without consenting to STK. I personally joined this RP to get RP, not just gunned down because it was easier then putting some effort into what this server is. However I also see the lack of any real rules for the zombies, or how characters should enteract with them and I think it needs to change. Just because someone is on a Zombie, just like if they're on a Sucker, doesn't mean you just gun them down without giving the person playing the mutant any RP satisfaction from the entire encounter. Yes we're there to enhance rp, but we'd like some of that RP for ourselves as well.

And to point out, just because you /me fires, doesn't give you the ability to just unload on someone who never agreed to the STK in the first place, and who was more then capable of RPing out wounds. I expected a lot better from the situation, and didn't even come close to that expectation. That is why I vouch for an etiquette for zombie/stalker interactions to benefit both parties, not just one.

Pink!

I will admit to being marginally disappointed with the experience.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Legit|Brandon

Do Zombie Stalkers in the Server get Guns like in CoP? It might scare off Stalkers and make them run to cover causing them to rp more?
For Freedom

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Legit|Brandon on 28-01-2011
Do Zombie Stalkers in the Server get Guns like in CoP? It might scare off Stalkers and make them run to cover causing them to rp more?

No, you start out with nothing. Getting a gun is chance, ammo for said gun is nearly impossible.

Pink!

My greatest issue with the roleplay was that I failed to have an opportunity to type out a single line of roleplay. At the point he started aiming at the Zombie, I was still discussing the military, and barely got a chance to react to the entire incident until it was over.

It was an issue that, privately, irritates me greatly.

Dug

Once upon a time I was taught the hard way that a person can blow my brains out if they /me the action.
And that lesson is now stuck to me. Most people know zombies are hostile and all you can expect is to get shot.

Dug

I doubt, a person would wait for a zombie to react.

Pink!

Quote from: Dug on 28-01-2011
I doubt, a person would wait for a zombie to react.

You are assuming that a restriction placed on you, as a player, affects the realm your character is in.

There's no pause in your character's actions, however, in the time it takes them to unholster, load, raise, aim, and fire a weapon, various other things may happen. The pause that you - as a player - take allows everyone to take the time to properly respond.

As an example, while you had raised and loaded that weapon, the zombified stalker could have closed the distance and screamed, loudly, at Zhenya. She may have reacted fearfully, and fallen back. The zombified stalker would have come after her - and then, finally, you would have loaded the AK-74 and shot her. This is a realistic example of what would happen; instantly firing in the space of a split-second is not.

Not to say that is what happened. The zombie approached. You warned Zhenya of the military. Then, you realised it was a zombified stalker. Before anyone else could even say a word, you had raised your weapon and gunned it down. This is not realistic. Other characters are doing things, in addition to your own. I barely had time to type a single word, a question regarding one of your character's earlier statements, and by the time I had typed it, you had concluded it was a zombified stalker and gunned it down. Unless there was a five second pause in conversation, this makes no sense.

Dug

Honestly, it takes five-ten seconds to load a rifle and fire. It's that easy. And he was like very close.
I do admit it's a bit powergame, but I guess that's what happens when I go on SRP early in the morning.
Obviously I fucked up and hurried it. Probably panicked "Oh shit zombie." People make mistakes I guess.

Bucky

I had a great RP with Spartans and a few mercenaries as well as Jakes Ecologist, in fact right now I'm doing some rather passive RP as Jake studies the behavioral habits of my zombie. The point is that people react differently to things, others think back to a zombie movie and think *If it touches me I'll get infected* and they just shoot. However this is SRP, not your regular run of the mill zombie movie, zombies here are turned by the brain scorcher, not being bitten, all they can do is bite, claw, slash, kick, you to death, they can't turn you into one by biting you. Sure, it'd be nice to get some good RP out of zombies as that's what they're there for however the bottom line is this, humans </3 monsters, humans see monsters as a threat so they kill them. It all depends who you're roleplaying with.

Steven :D

You need a controller on to organize these zombie stalkers as well, so then if a controller ends up killing a stalker or something, the zombies can use the weapons and then you have a army of zombies with a controller leading them.

Khorn

It be nice if we got a starter weapon like before.

A knife can actually hurt some, while fists are... well weak.

ISPYUDIE

When used my zombie a while back I usually entered an area, asked RP, STK or STM (9.9 times out of 10 it's STK, 0.09 times it's STM, not that I mind), and shambled round the area shooting them, they kill me and gear is returned. Just a little action for people.

ThY

I will think up  a rule-set.

It is more of a OOC Rule violation. STK is only permitted when both parties have agreed. Otherwise roleplay is implanted. This is kickable, as it counts as DeathMatch.

"And to point out, just because you /me fires, doesn't give you the ability to just unload on someone who never agreed to the STK in the first place" ~ Duran (To lazy to quote)

Zombies, even if you have a gun or not, you can fire, with extremely bad sence of direction and no knowlege of what you are doing. This can be interesting roleplay. Of course zombies are expected to die, but it's for the IC experience not the quick-kill. Zombies will never roleplay passivly or friendly, because the urge to feed and lack of  a mind-set.

Zombies are not STK unless both parties agree

Khorn

Problem with just opening fire on stalkers. Even with the intent to miss every shot, even if you do miss completely, many players will think STK and shoot back.

Just a thought.

ThY

The answer here is to not STM or even STK. But the value I see less in HGN day after day; roleplay.
To give zombies a chance, I may as well create a rule where you cant tell if they are zombies untill VERY close up.

SGT-Spartans

Honestly, as a active bloodsucker, we need an event on the mutant forums called " Bring Back the Fear ".

Too many players act as tough shit monotone bastards who doesnt afraid of anything (intended). The only fear RP I get out of people as a bloodsucker is " Oh no! A bloodsucker" /me aims at the misty air and fires. What? Yea, that happened.

As for the zombie RP with Buck, I used my surroundings to escape; I locked myself in the jailcell after having a piece of flesh torn off. I called for help, luckily, an Ecologist and his mercs were nearby ( Shouted, not PDA'd ). This allowed for character development, and good RP. No shooting was involved besides IC blowing his knee out.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway