|OFFLINE| Ecologist Network

Started by Turkey, 24-11-2010

darkzerxx

Author: <Richard L. Vangraff, Lvl:1>

Subject: <Fire artifact>

Message:<Log start:Today I came across a "Fire" artifact it seems to always be emiting a warm heat yet has a little radtion. aswell as have a chance to update my skills in using a weapon as we learned from some members of a group named "Haven" Thats all today, The artifact is in container for futher studying.
Endlog.>
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Thanatos

Author: <David Walsh>

Subject: <Nightstar>

Message:<I have procured a Nightstar today, I began research on it, it seems to pulse like the other Artifacts (Excluding the Sparkler) And also when I hold it, it seems to give me a bit more.. Strength? I'll go more in-depth with it later.>

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

darkzerxx

Author: <Richard L. Vangraff, Lvl: 2>

Subject: <Pulse and other anomalies.>

Message:<Log start: Today me and David went on a research mission after recent emissions and encountered a pulse, teleporter, and electric anomaly and a few radiation ones as well.
after studying pulse it seems to telepoter the person or organism leaving only the items they had and not knowing anyone after being sucked in, presume killed them.
End log.>

Thanatos

Subject: <Emissions, and enemies>

Message:<Today a rather large emission started, they seem to be getting more devastating, it seems you could not stay anywhere above ground, and the same type of emission happened a few days back, I'll look into it more. Also, our intercom was shot about four times, it was repaired, but it seems we have some enemies. >

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

Thanatos

Subject: <Goldfish>

Message:<Yesterday, I got my hands on a Goldfish. It's somewhat like the Nightstar, giving me a odd feeling of Strength. It pulses like the others, and it has a bit of Radiation. I'll keep working with it. END>

Thanatos

Subject: <Bloodsucker>

Message: <Today there was a Bloodsucker attack. A mercenary managed to take it down and I was able to get some tissue samples. That's all. END>

PacMan502

Author: Thomas Moyareal

Subject: Snorks

<<<Username: TMoyareal502, Password: *******>>>
<<<Loading report #002 'Snorks'>>>
<<<Report Loaded>>>

The snork, which this creature is commonly referred to, is the remnants of a Ukrainian soldier, gathered via examining the creature's tattered apparel. After examining and testing one of the creature's corpses, it seems that It's gas mask has become a part of the face of the creature, also having poor eyesight due to mutation, and the general cracks in the creature's mask, though from older reports, and testimonies from stalkers, it has incredibly great sense of smell, which I have concluded is how it finds its prey.
On to this creatures appearance, it is easily identified by tattered clothing and animalistic-like habits, such as walking on all fours, which is due to the fact that of its exposed spine, which is unable to hold its weight while standing up right. Aside from the tattered clothing, it also generally has man lesions and wounds on the body. Also after further analyzing the creatures vocal cords, I have concluded they are mutated beyond the possibility of speech, it's only use of vocal cords are growls, varying in level of sound depending on the circumstances, the loudest reported, being right before attacking.
Aside from the other things stated above, after analyzing the tendons in the foot of one of these creatures, curious of how they can leap a remarkable distance, I have discovered due to large mutation of the tendons, these creatures can do this leap with ease, using relatively little energy. I will continue examining these creatures, though I wish permission to hire S.T.A.L.K.E.R(s) and equip them with a form of sedative to bring in one of these creatures alive to further study the habits of these creatures.
<<<Log out>>>
<<<User has been logged out>>>

darkzerxx

Author: <Dr. Richard L. Vangraff>

Subject: <Whirly,Pulse, Flash, Night Star, Boar >

Message:<Today I was able to study the new anomlies after todays recent emmison, The "whirly" seems to suck in anything near it and crush it, kill it and toss it back. As for the "Pulse" After watching some dogs charge at us, only to be sucked in We noticed how nothing was left, And from other accounts if a Human is sucked in only his Items remained. The recent "Flash" artifact as I noticed make the user run quicker than normal. Could be used later and leaving it for the Prof. As for the "Night star" I just noticed it give the holder strength and radtion at the same time, once again need further research. Thanks to the prof. I was able to study these boar's of the zone, Though they look diffrent the only main diffrence is the shear shapness of there claws. Recomandation is to stay away.>

Thanatos

Author: <Dr. David Walsh>

Subject: <Emissions>

Message:<Today we had an Emission, oddly enough, animals of the Zone can easily sense the Emission before it happens, just like other 'Natural' Disasters, it makes a good indicator to get to cover when you see these mutations and birds flock in an odd manner. END

Thanatos

Author: <Dr. David Walsh>

Subject: <Bloodsucker Tentacle>

Message:<Today I acquired a Bloodsucker Tentacle, I began to research it and I found a type of Micro Organism on the tentacle. More studies with this shows that when the Bloodsucker begins to suck blood, these bacteria begin to make it so the blood doesn't coagulate, a sort of Mutualism.>

mikeywrenn

[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Thanatos

Author: <Dr. David Walsh.>

Subject: <Bloodsucker Bacteria>

Message:<16/10/2015 --   After extensive research with this Bacteria it has been tested to survive a week without any food showing that it can go without blood for a long amount of time. Although as the Bloodsucker Tendril begins to deteriorate, the Bacteria also began to die, maybe showing that it can only live on the Skin of Bloodsuckers.

18/10/2015-- After removing the Bloodsucker tendril from the bacteria, I added in blood for them to feed on, they still died without the Tendril.

21/10/2015-- I found another Tendril from a separate Bloodsucker, they began to cling onto it once I set it down and they began to multiply back to an original populous.

24/10/2015-- Oddly enough the Bacteria began eating away at the new Bloodsucker tendril, maybe finding it that it was not the original Host, I added blood by the tendril, but the bacteria kept eating the Tendril.

26/10/2015-- The Bacteria have pretty much died out now, the last host the had, they corroded away, once it was merely Pieces they left the skin and died out, this is the end of my research on this Bacteria.>

darkzerxx

Author: <Dr.Vangraff>

Subject: <Large amount of artifacts>

Message:<Today i was visited in our bunker and received 4 sparklers, 1 boar hoff, a dog tail, and 2 jellyfish.
We know the effect of most of these but its good to have some more for the other scientist to study, They will be in the storage container for any examination.>

darkzerxx

Name: Dr.Vangraff.
Subject: New lab
message: We are to be moving to a new Bunker today, all scientists are to take a helicopter to the new bunker today and setup you equipment and set up your bunk. That is all.

darkzerxx

Author: <Professor Richard L. Vangraff.>

Subject: <New promotions & and warm welcomes.>

Message:<Today I am announcing that Dr. David Walsh is now the head of the Lab research and development, as to add on to this Dr. Thomas Moyareal Has been authorized level 4 access. Now a warm welcome to two of our former members Dr. Johnathan Teo, and Dr. Andrik Zaitsev. That is all and be sure to report any activty.

On a side note I am allowing access too two of the Hazmat suit in the bunker, They are to be only used when Authorized be me or Dr. Walsh.  >

Thanatos

Author: <Dr. David Walsh.>

Subject: <The Excavation Site.>

Yesterday I and another ecologist decided to do some field research, we hired a merc to come with us for protection. We decided to go to the swamps by the Military Cordon, once we got there we found an ‘abandoned’ excavation site. Once we got to the site, there were mutants, (Mostly Zombified STALKERs, and Snorks) surrounding it, they were very hostile, different then normal interactions, as if they were protecting something.
   The Mercenary quickly dispatched the mutants my colleague and I entered a large tunnel leading to some odd Hive like structures, good thing we were wearing Hazard suits because radiation was a bit large down there, so we told the merc to wait outside. We began to take large samples of the structures for the lab. Once we finished, we discovered that there was a type of sludge around the structures, we took a sample of that also and headed back to the lab.
   Once inside we began to study the samples.

Regular tan colored sample
-Radiation.
-Small amount of psi.
-Can withstand heat.
-Live Snork was attracted to the sample (Snork was detained, no threat)

Glowing tan colored sample
-Less radiation then the regular sample
-Higher amount of psi
-Can withstand heat
-Live Snork was greatly attracted and began to roar/scream because it couldn’t reach it.

The brown colored sludge
-Large amount of radiation
-No psi.
-Adhesive.
-The live Snork backed away as far as possible, sort of like a repelant.

We will be studying this further.
   If you would like to assist, please contact me, Dr. David Walsh.>

PacMan502

Author: Thomas Moyareal
Subject: Live snork.
Message: After further examination of the specemin, I've learned from watching live and watching recorded videos, that the Snork is much like a predator in the wilderness of most habitats, attacking other living creatures (primarily fed dogs and boars). I've learned that as such this creature seems almost calm when in the presence of humans as long as it is fed and kept under a slight sedation. I even went so far as to put a muzzle on the creature and  chain it to the cage and open it. After watching live feed, to my surprise it seemed to to be contempt with it's environment as it was more relaxed than what the sedative I gave it could of done. I then proceded cautiously into the room where it's cage was kept open, staying out of range of where the creature could reach, but it was calm, and eventually went back into it's cage which I then proceded to shut.

Final Thoughts:After the full examination of this creature, I've come to the conclusion that this is indeed, a beast, and there is very little chance that this creature could ever be tamed or domesticated, I would try myself but it be at the risk of death, perhaps a S.T.A.L.K.E.R would like to try for a considerable sum, though I would make it clear we were not to be held responsible.

darkzerxx

Subject: <New positions>

Message:<I have decided to make make some changes to the staff, Please look on the staff list for your new assignments.>

mikeywrenn

Author: Michael Wrenn
Subject: Recent Investigations
Message: There was a problem uploading this data last time, perhaps it shall work correctly this time:

Anomalies outside the bunker, had a Stalker and a mercenary map then out so that I could avoid them. I then saw the opportunity to gain a fresh artifact. I moved outside with them and offered them the job of retrieving this artifact, the stalker denied and the mercenary accepted.
The mercenary used a variety of items strapped together to fish it out, which didn't take too much time. I paid them each three hundred for the initial job, then I gave the mercenary one thousand on top of that.
There are pictures I took of the anomalies in the <resources> at the bottom of this page.

I examined the artifact, which seemed to be a 'Sparkler'.
Statistics:
Weight- 543g
Temperature- 23C
Radiation- Beta/Gamma WEAK
Other effects- Electronic field

I later advertised a mission to which only one stalker turned up to. It was simply to take his vital signs and heart rate before, during and after exposure to the artifact. With his written consent, I conducted the experiments upon him, they were as follows.
I wired him up and took the initial results.
Pre-exposure statistics:
Heart rate- 62 bpm
Blood Pressure- 121 mmHg
Temperature- 32C
Core temperature- 37.3C
Respiratory rate- 15 Breaths/minute

I then gave the stalker the anomaly and took the next set of results.
Exposure statistics:
Heart rate- 73 bpm
Blood Pressure- 131 mmHg
Temperature- 33C
Core temperature- 37.41C
Respiratory rate- 16 Breaths/minute

After ten minutes of exposure, I took it from him and took the next set of data.
Post-exposure statistics:
Heart rate- 60 bpm
Blood Pressure- 124 mmHg
Temperature- 34C
Core temperature- 37.36C
Respiratory rate- 16 Breaths/minute

His metabolism sped up during the process, hence the larger amount of energy being produced as heat.
There was a substantial increase in core temperature, I would like to know whether the artifacts would stack their effects and increase that further, it may be fatal. When submitting this onward, I need to add in the fact that he was nervous once I'd handed him the artifact and we should do this experiment a few more times to make it more reliable.

Resources:
Wrenn_personal_01
Wrenn_personal_02
Wrenn_personal_05

[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

GeneralGold

Author: <Henry Warlington>

Subject: <Bloodsucker Research - Cowboy>

Message:<Today I was able to meet the large, dangerous creature that people know him well as Cowboy. I was able to recover one of his teeth from one of his victims, a bloodsucker thats head was smashed to mush, and was able to do vital research onto.

This particular bloodsucker, Cowboy, has a strange adaption which makes him seem to have different capabilities from regular bloodsuckers most STALKERS come intact with. A list of these capabilities are:

-Adaption to the environment at maximum
-Able to purr, and intends to except for growling
-Is larger then most, with most specimens this creature is about a foot taller
-Teeth measure up to about 6inches, why claws can measure to around the same
-When invisible, the chance of seeing Cowboy is at minimum
-Can be highly hostile, able to destroy anything in it's path

Any Ecologists that stumble onto this creature, do not attempt to make contact. This mutant loves to come by the bunker and make contact, but keep the windows shut whenever the creature is around.

This log shall be updated as further examination is made on this creature, as in finding a blood sample or able to use it as a live specimen.>
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

darkzerxx

Subject: <Monolith mind control.>

Message:<Well, Today Viktor did it, he brought back a monolith alive. After tending to the injury's, upon removing the suit I made a discovery. This monolith who went by 'sabre' had a Dog tag on him, it Reads "ID: 514957-034-Tokerov, Mikhal. I don;t know who this is but I do know he is military, or was. I would like more looked into on it, but upon trying a idea to break his mind control with psi medication. It successfully broke the control, but Mikhal is suffering minor memory lost. I am allowing him to remain in the bunker close to viktor so they might be able to help each other find out what causes this control. >

Turkey

Quote from: darkzerxx on 18-05-2011

Message:<Well, Today Viktor did it, he brought back a monolith alive. After tending to the injury's, upon removing the suit I made a discovery. This monolith who went by 'sabre' had a Dog tag on him, it Reads "ID: 514957-034-Tokerov, Mikhal. I don;t know who this is but I do know he is military, or was. I would like more looked into on it, but upon trying a idea to break his mind control with psi medication. It successfully broke the control, but Mikhal is suffering minor memory lost. I am allowing him to remain in the bunker close to viktor so they might be able to help each other find out what causes this control. >

Author: Dr.Kostya

Subject: Oh boy

Message:The military stormed the bunker, Took that mikhal guy, Left.. They provided no information, When I asked for confirmation of the orders or any form of papers they aimed a gun at me and told me to.. And this is in his exact words "Shut the fuck up, Eco"

darkzerxx

Quote from: Turkey on 19-05-2011
Quote from: darkzerxx on 18-05-2011

Author: Dr.Kostya

Subject: Oh boy

Message:The military stormed the bunker, Took that mikhal guy, Left.. They provided no information, When I asked for confirmation of the orders or any form of papers they aimed a gun at me and told me to.. And this is in his exact words "Shut the fuck up, Eco"

Author: Professor Richard L. Vangraff

Subject: RE: Oh boy

Message:This is to be reported and dealt with immediately, That man was to stay in the bunker for further test! I want Mikhal back, immediately.

Blake.H

Author: Andrik Zaitsev

Subject: Very Pleased

Message: My ecologist, I have returned to Kiev and will no longer be at the Bunker. I'm very very impressed with your current operations as a result you've all been awarded an extra 160,000 (UAH) Bonus in your next pay cheque. I have also left 5000 Roubles in the locked safe in Professor Vangraff's office. GOOD JOB!

On another note should you need the KZRI Mi-8 for exporting or importing materials or simply moving heavy Objects from one area to another please contact me and i'll dispatch it.  No, you may not use it if you are under attack - The technology in the KZRI Mi-8 cost more than all of your wages put together.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

darkzerxx

Author: <Vangraff.>

Subject: <Psi- Zombiefied Stalker.>

Message:<Me, and Mikhal captured a Psi zombie today. It will be studyed by me and Dr. Walsh soon and is containment.>