NPC Arena fights

Started by armyguy, 14-07-2010

armyguy

My idea is to use NPC for fights in the arena
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=99808
All you need to do is before a fight add a prop or two add one or two NPCs
If you win you get cash if you if you don't you die
And if you use mutant NPCs (all i know of are snork NPCs) you can do a player vs mutant
You can go up vs more NPCs for more cash or one or two players can go vs NPCs
SEVA suit S.T.A.L.K.E.R. does not approve... not one bit
http://img-2008-04.photosight.ru/18/2640272.jpg

RG4ORDR

:V my Duty and Freedom Soldiers shoot at Freedom and Duty exos
er

Khorn

NPCs won't prove to be a good fight, it would end so quickly.

Monkeyfisker

Not to mention they'd shoot at the players :s

Pawx

Quote from: Monkeyfisker on 14-07-2010

I'm pretty sure there SUPPOSED to shoot at the player? Or it wouldn't be a fight :/

deluxulous

Quote from: Pawx on 14-07-2010

I'm pretty sure there SUPPOSED to shoot at the player? Or it wouldn't be a fight :/

The spectators are who he meant.

Ping-Pong

Quote from: PistolKid on 14-07-2010
Quote from: Pawx on 14-07-2010

The spectators are who he meant.

We are the spectators, the NPC's can't see through walls... The place were we observe is a walled off area as to where NPC's cannot see.
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Turkey

Yeah, THis is a good idea.

Ping-Pong

We really need this, I want this. NOW.
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Ravanger

Sounds interesting. May give the arena a nice thing too do with less edrama. I think people can still go in and fight them to earn money and such but we dont have to worry about loseing shit and what not.

deluxulous

It's just an excuse to grind money easily. The NPC's probably won't even do anything, they'll just sit there until it "sees" someone. And by then, the player will have fucked his face inside out with whatever gun he/she is using because they have no armor. Oh, and we'd have to make some NPC guns too.

Pawx

Actually, There's a script that makes the NPC roam around it's enviroment, the Roleplay NPC's have this certain Script. We could always script the NPC's to roam, not a easy task, but still pretty neat to try.

On the other hand, it will probably have ALOT of bugs followed with it, and will kill RP to the most possible, where all the players will be at the arena, as Pistol said, 'Grinding Money'.

The hardest part about this happening, Exile Agreeing to this.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=19608
-The scripted RP NPC's that roam.

Nova

It's just an excuse to grind money easily. The NPC's probably won't even do anything, they'll just sit there until it "sees" someone. And by then, the player will have fucked his face inside out with whatever gun he/she is using because they have no armor. Oh, and we'd have to make some NPC guns too.

True, I have this Stalker NPC pack, and they won't even start shooting the player, unless he get's within 10 meters of them. And if they are equipped with shotguns, they won't start shooting until you standing right up in their face

Steel

Just concentrate on the RP?
We dont need this.

Pawx

Quote from: Steel on 15-07-2010
Just concentrate on the RP?
We dont need this.

Just cause we can RP doesn't mean we can't have nice things.

For Example, We have guns, but we don't need it, cause we have RP. We use props to make bases, but we don't need it, we have RP. See where I'm going here?

Not everything is RP, Items and Features also take role.

Steel

Yes, and we dont need NPC's for you to all shoot up when your bored, and for the admins to clear the mess up after.
Weapons, props etc YOU CAN RP WITH, NPCS YOU CANNOT RP WITH.

See where im going here?

Pawx

Yes, and we dont need NPC's for you to all shoot up when your bored, and for the admins to clear the mess up after.
Weapons, props etc YOU CAN RP WITH, NPCS YOU CANNOT RP WITH.

See where im going here?

NPC's aren't ment for Roleplay, as I said, not Everything is Roleplay. Cutting down features like this will just make the Playerbase weaken, and that means, less RP.

Do YOU see where I'm going here?

Steel

And you obviously didnt read my first point.
Players will just leave bodies of NPC's everywhere, its pointless.

If you want to fight, you fight each other.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay, ever read the title?

Pawx

Actaully, They disappear after a short while, If scripted, so no bodies.

Fighting each other leads to Flaming and RDM. I'm mostly tired of that.

And half the time, I don't even think it's STALKER RP, Since I saw a Alien attack Event and Monolith's entering bases, going "Greetings Stalker". And half the things that go on in the Server isn't even RP. I still like to play on the Server and all, just that things are going nuts with canon, sorry to go off topic and all...

Now, I see no reason to Argue any further, since Exile will probably never accept this.

Steel

Quote from: Pawx on 15-07-2010
And half the time, I don't even think it's STALKER RP, Since I saw a Alien attack Event and Monolith's entering bases, going "Greetings Stalker". And half the things that go on in the Server isn't even RP. I still like to play on the Server and all, just that things are going nuts with canon, sorry to go off topic and all...

That coming from an exo bearing bandit who has an entire french family in the zone. Well done there Pawx. Your just as bad with the Canon, and as for the flaming? If you read the new rules... you abide by them, its STK now permantly, so people should know what to expect, its people like you that bitch and whine when loosing items.

End.

Pawx

That coming from an exo bearing bandit who has an entire french family in the zone.

You know when they lost the argument when they use this against me, Originality, I think not, use a better excuse besides my characters and my Exo which I put months of hard work to get, but to only get flamed by a guy that left his adminding Responsiblity cause the RP wasn't to good for him. GG

The Real. End.

Steel

Hey, you was the one blabbing on about Canon, and your far from it kid.

Pawx

Hey, you was the one blabbing on about Canon, and your far from it kid.

Another word used when they lost the argument. I like how I only said  the word Canon once, and made you go off, makes me laugh, if you hate it so much, help try to fix it, and not leave and complain about it.

I'm done now, Goodnight.

Steel

The fact is, there is no argument lost.
Do not mention Canon if you do not abide by it.
You mentioned how bad the canon was on the server, when you add to the problem.

And for your information i have not left, infact im still here.

armyguy

1st you two stop it if not go to PM's to do it
All i was asking for was +support or -support
Not a war so stop guys
2nd
add more health to the NPC  and it will be as it is in SoC as in you use the gun the NPC gets
so the player not going to run in and get his/her FN2000 out and start killing and its not going to be you kill one guy and get 1k its going to be by the fight more NPC/higher armed NPCs = more
Quote from: Nova on 15-07-2010
True, I have this Stalker NPC pack, and they won't even start shooting the player, unless he get's within 10 meters of them. And if they are equipped with shotguns, they won't start shooting until you standing right up in their face
Its the Arena its not big at all and if the NPCs still don't see the play mod it so it can
SEVA suit S.T.A.L.K.E.R. does not approve... not one bit
http://img-2008-04.photosight.ru/18/2640272.jpg