Yes, to: Redemption :tick:
11 (25.6%)
Yes, to: Apocalypse :tick:
4 (9.3%)
No, don't change it. :cross:
16 (37.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Astarathia

Since people keep crashing on f*ckin S42, I'd say we do a vote, since exile wont start one, to show him that we want a mapchange, since S42 keeps crashing without any fucking reasons. I go into the server... 5 mins later, BLAM, HL2 exe crash! ... S42? Yes.
So how about we just change it...  :tick:

nKe

Cherno or Redemption

Yorty

I really don't care as long as the map isn't Chernobyl. What's Apocalypse?

Gokiller

I Think HGN Needs a New Map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astarathia

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=109989

This is Apocalypse, we had it for a short time , I liked it and wuz stable.

Dug

Lol I'm not voting to change the bloody map because people can't configure their settings.
Either you need to set your settings to low.
Either you need to apply a fix.
Either you need to set your router straight.

Server crashes only when people spam props. Like the military event today.
And Rp_apocalypse is a big fat no. That's a fallout map not stalker and it never will fit the stalker theme.

You people need to deal with it, the server is growing, more minor factions are popping up and that's why the server needs bigger maps. The future is in the big maps not small boxed in maps where everyone can see each other or maps with lack of areas.

Astarathia

Dug, S42 wants low ass craphics to run OK. Not good. Just OK.
One setting on high... BLAM, INSTACRASH OF ME...
So much for stable.
I want to test my new PC, but nooo...
And if the playerbase says yes, and just you say no and then it doesn't change... I am sorry but then you are a bad admin and not worth to be one.
Wich fixes, wich stuff in router...

Turkey

Quote from: Dug on 29-01-2011
Lol I'm not voting to change the bloody map because I am a elitist,people can't configure their settings.
Either you buy a new computer, because I don't care about anyone but myself, I want this map, I don't care if everyone crashes.

Server crashes only when people can't be, 1337. Like duty.

Thats all I saw

Dug

Lol so I'm a bad admin because I disagree with you.
Alright I see the that's very logical.
Either way, there's the overflow fix and the engine error fix.
I'm sure someone around here has it , they just need to give it to you.
Other than that router needs to be port forwarded for 27015 and able to accept files.

jaik

Quote from: Astarathia on 29-01-2011
I am sorry but then you are a bad admin and not worth to be one.

Idiot.
How does having an opinion with a rational explanation make you a bad admin?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

Quote from: Turkey on 29-01-2011
Lol I'm not voting to change the bloody map because I am a elitist,people can't configure their settings.
Either you buy a new computer, because I don't care about anyone but myself, I want this map, I don't care if everyone crashes.

Server crashes only when people can't be, 1337. Like duty.

Lol I can't even troll properly
Cool story bro.
And Astarathia, take it to SF if you have a personal grudge against Dug, also, GMod isn't the most stable and optimized game in the world.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ace of Hearts

I'm... Gonna' have to go with Dug on this one. S42 has some instability issues, but it's nothing some alterations to your Gmod settings and/or console commands can't alleviate or reduce.

That being said, if we DO change the map, I can only forsee more bitching about it shortly after. Chernobyl is far too wide open, Redemption is much too small, Redux is just... Not getting into that. The only change I would even think of reccommending is to Apocalypse, but that doesn't fit the Stalker theme. In the end, what we need is a new, large, optimized map. I'd love to see Hostel or Bielecki complete their work on their current projects, as I believe the community would be significantly happier on either of them in comparison to our current map selection.

EDIT:

Quote from: lolKieck on 29-01-2011
Cool story bro.
And Astarathia, take it to SF if you have a personal grudge against Dug, also, GMod isn't the most stable and optimized game in the world.

This.

Gokiller

S42
Sexy  :tick:
Crashable  :tick: 6/10
Great Size  :tick:
Playerbase Groups  :tick:
Faction Happy  :tick:
Undergound  :tick: ( WAY TO BIG )
Events  :tick:
--------------------------------------------------
7/10
----------------------------------------------
Chernobal
Sexy  :tick:
Crashable  :tick: 3/10
Great Size   :cross: ( to big)
Playerbase Groups  : :tick:  :cross: (some places)
Faction Happy  :tick:
Undergound   Not sure
Events  :tick:

7 1/2/10
---------------------------------
Redemption
Sexy   :cross:
Crashable   :cross:
Great Size   :cross:
Playerbase Groups   :cross:
Faction Happy   :cross:
Undergound  :tick:
Events   :cross:
-------------------------------
2/10

Apocalypse

Sexy    :tick:
Crashable   N/A
Great Size    :tick:
Playerbase Groups    :tick:
Faction Happy   N/A
Undergound   :cross:
Events    :tick:

6/10

Redux

Sexy   :cross:
Crashable     :cross:
Great Size   :cross:
Playerbase Groups   :cross:
Faction Happy   :cross:
Undergound    :tick:
Events   :cross:

2/10

Dug

And that sums it up why S42 is worth having. Just bug Exile to optimize it.

Astarathia

Quote from: SimplyStealth on 29-01-2011

I'd love to see Hostel or Bielecki complete their work on their current projects, as I believe the community would be significantly happier on either of them in comparison to our current map selection.

This. I agree there.
And I agree with Turkey, but that's personal.

Violet

In any case I love big maps cause I dont feel like im about to get shot when I enter a sector because the guy across the map can see. I say S42 to stay but it is a tad crashy...
Four Eyes is nice.

http://tinyurl.com/HGNUKMFMU - Military Faction Simple Medical Guide

Dug

Seen the new bandit group? Wonderful. What do you think is going to happen if we switch to redemption? Tunnel camping. Bandits profit, you lose. Sector 3 is completely closed off by military, only their military mercs can go there along with them.

That leaves you two boxes and an underground to play in. If you are all happy with that then go on and vote, it won't make a difference for me because I can find my way around. Chernobyl has ecologist bunker (occupied by ecos obviously), military base (hostile to loners), Defiance/Sanctioned base, Duty base, freedom base, abandoned tunnel, warehouse(bandits), red forest (mutants). And that's it, there's only the swamps and open terrain. People can't have a place to call their own nor to hide in if everyone else out there is chasing them.
Also, server 2 is currently on chernobyl.

nKe

Seen the new bandit group? Wonderful. What do you think is going to happen if we switch to redemption? Tunnel camping. Bandits profit, you lose. Sector 3 is completely closed off by military, only their military mercs can go there along with them.

That leaves you two boxes and an underground to play in. If you are all happy with that then go on and vote, it won't make a difference for me because I can find my way around. Chernobyl has ecologist bunker (occupied by ecos obviously), military base (hostile to loners), Defiance/Sanctioned base, Duty base, freedom base, abandoned tunnel, warehouse(bandits), red forest (mutants). And that's it, there's only the swamps and open terrain. People can't have a place to call their own nor to hide in if everyone else out there is chasing them.
Also, server 2 is currently on chernobyl.

Its locked :C

Dug

App for it. Bug Exile to unlock it. I see no point in locking it , no one goes on it.

Astarathia

Can't find the "engine error fix" in search, link please.

Also, 27015 UDP or TCP?

Dug

Ask Rook, I guided him to it, but he did the rest on his own.
Kieck mentioned the engine fix, so I guess starting with him would be a good idea.

EDIT: Funny thing is I never crashed since I upgraded my PC to Windows 7 and put 6 GB of RAM in it.
I'd RSO if I'd alt tab , rarely, but that fixed it with windowed mode. And I don't have any of the fixes, go figure.

nKe

App for it. Bug Exile to unlock it. I see no point in locking it , no one goes on it.
K...

Exile if u readin' this, unlock server2 pl0x...
U dont know me but yeah K unlock ty.

=
Profit

Khorn

Quote from: Nik3 on 29-01-2011
K...

Exile if u readin' this, unlock server2 pl0x...
U dont know me but yeah K unlock ty.

=
Profit

That was a terrible attempt to get his attention.

Also, you guys could try out Darkonila, or whatever it was.

Tom

Im saying no on the principle of the fact that a few weeks ago you all where like "YEAH YEAH YEAH S42 YEAH YEAH YEAH!" Pro tip: Pick a map, Stick with it for a few weeks
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Dug

Got a link for that?