Mutant Rant / Petition

Started by Zstan, 07-03-2010

Zstan

I don't really care if this isn't in the right forum, if it is move it.

Well anyways.. I think mutants like bloodsuckers and controllers should have applications.

I'm tired of all these idiots getting one of the most complicated and hard to play roles because

they donated, it's bull.

Petetion: MAKE MUTANT FLAGS APPLICATION ONLY.

Supporters:

Paintcheck

Then how would you suggest we keep the server open? The reason they are donate is because we need a way to make money and they are interesting flags that people want to donate for. I know I donated solely for the sucker flag originally. I'm sure Silver would consider opening the Mutants to apps if another way to make money could be found.

Zstan

QuoteThen how would you suggest we keep the server open?

My grandparents.

Or people who actually care about HGN instead of some flag.

Paintcheck

"People who actually care about HGN" is great but there aren't enough who would give money for free. It just won't happen.

I have a cousin who provides online Piano tutorials on youtube, he has a bunch of subscribers and a shit load of positive feedback from said subscribers. He has a "Donate" paypal button on his page for people to show their appreciation. He has gotten exactly 1 donation of like $20 after doing this for a year and  half. Clearly that model doesn't work.

Hotstarr

I still think they should be mutant only, but donators have to make apps to get the flags as well.

Assassinator

Maybe make sure the donator reads rules and learns how to play first? Problem solved.

Welek

Personally, I think Bloodsucker should have a application Controller, Snork, Abyss and such should remain donator only.

Chaosye

I mostly disagree with this.

Sure, there's lots of people who would absolutely love to be able to be a bloodsucker/other mutant, but I doubt there would be much other reason to donate.  Few people donate just because they love something they can have for free, and custom models and fancy titles aren't much to the average eye.

Besides, if it were up for application, how would the form go?  It's not as if you could put a history, it's just a bloodsucker.  Probably only give them to people who've been playing for a hell of a long time, but still that would cut out a percentage of the donations this community gets.

Innokenti Katya

Welek

Let me rephrase that, Bloodsucker should be donator still, but if your a trusted player you should at least have a attempt at a bloodsucker.

ThY

I agree with Welshy, I would love to actually have power over Bloodsuckers, instead of just nagging them constantly to fix their ways.

lolKieck

Never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never. Never.
Donators should know how to RP, and if they like to donate, then it's okay, although they should be asking for help for bloodsucker RP. No apps, because it would make a lot of chaos and it would cut most of the donation money. You prefer to play a while as a bloodsucker rather than playing a STALKER a long time ?
Then "Here's the door.". Donate or stop complaining about flags.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

Quote from: lolKieck on 08-03-2010
Never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never. Never.
Donate or stop complaining about flags.

I like this man.

[INVICTUS]

Quote from: Chaosye on 07-03-2010Besides, if it were up for application, how would the form go?  It's not as if you could put a history, it's just a bloodsucker.

And if we did have applications? How hard would it be to be accepted? Most major factions have a lot of applications every week, less than half are accepted depending on the person's knowledge, grammar, and maturity. I would think that there would be slightly more people applying to be a bloodsucker than in the Ukrainian Military, Duty, Freedom, or the Monolith, we might have a moderate increase of Bloodsuckers that would most likely be welcome at first by people who want to hunt them down in groups, but would start to become a problem as the bloodsuckers outnumber the small groups of stalkers and factions in the server at times.

Dug

There are people who are trusted and great rpers on the server. But it has to run somehow.
It all comes down to one thing, newbies who donate a shitload think they can do whatever they want and it comes down to Thy not having any control over other suckers. I agree with one thing tho, people who have been here really long and are really trusted and simply don't have the means to donate should at least get something in return, not too big, not too small, just something, and that's where it ends.

Aresty

Most of the donators don't know how to RP, if not only some of them. I've saw a lot of newbs with master flag.
And I agree on a Bloodsucker application, I don't know make it require a dozen of auth, a certian number of posts and some weeks of gameplay on the server.

And I think it sucks how that mutant RP is opened only for Donators.

OrangeReal

Well...Thats pretty much why people would donate is for flags, We need donations to keep HGN running...but the cost for flags are a bit too high.
SRP
Arthur 'Night' Hutchinson - ALIVE
Anne 'Savior' Gerris - ALIVE
Coroner - ALIVE
'Crazed' - ALIVE

Locke

If we had bloodsucker taken off of donator, I can forsee our donations dropping by a LOT.

Dug

Steel

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 10-03-2010
If we had bloodsucker taken off of donator, I can forsee our donations dropping by a LOT.

With the recent removal of suits, Donators are more donating for the sucker flags now, ive seen an increase in suckers around.
Which reminds me... i havent made a sucker yet.

Paintcheck

If any of you guys can come up with an alternative way to make money then I'm sure Silver would let suckers be application based. But since no one has any concrete way of securing cash flow other than 'Just hope people still donate' it's not changing. Stop whining and get a job or find a friend with a paypal account. $20 isn't a lot and you're helping keep the server up.

Zstan

Wouldn't you get paid for ads?

cl4p-tp

I think that it should be donator only, if some noobs who donate and can't RP tell them that or something but if mutant flags can be applied for wouldn't the server have like 25 suckers on at once?

Dug

Quote from: cl4p-tp on 10-03-2010
but if mutant flags can be applied for wouldn't the server have like 25 suckers on at once?

You have a nice imagination. That wouldn't happen and if it did admins would force them to switch characters probably or there would be a rule about maximum suckers on the server.

Steel

The thing is, paintcheck has already pointed out the obvious.

At the end of the day, people that donate for sucker, and fuck around, get their flag taken off of them, simples.

Madcombat

And should remain that way.