Multi-Faction

Started by Zarrick, 26-09-2009

Zarrick

Personally...it sounds like the Minority has ruined it for the Majority by being in two factions and meta-gaming, I dont think this should be the case, I think you -should- be able to have other/ONE other character in another major faction, Why? As you can imagine, It must get a bit stale being in the same faction.

Also, if Multi-factioning was aloud, faction inactivity would be a bit less, as Millitary would be in Monolith, freedom would be in Millitary and Duty would be in Millitary INCREASING the amount of people in a faction and ultimately helping the server.

Your thinking "But wont people metagame shizzle again?" yeah, they will, thats why the awnser to that question is "Only give the priv to trusted members of the server, if its abused, then they'll be removed from one of there mutli-factions and there reputation would be damaged".

I've suggested this because honestly it'd be alot better to be able to just hop on another character for a bit and RP, then hop back on your other faction char to RP some more, so you have DIVERSITY in your Rp, it'd make it funner for everyone I think...

Comments/Bitching/Suggestions =V? Anyone?
====================================

Steel

Hmm to an extent i agree, i myself was thinking about this today.

I think decent Rpers, people willing to put their back into it, should be allowed.

im in millitary, lets say theirs 5 soldiers on, and some stuffs brewing up with freedom, i can automatically allocate myself to freedom to balance things out.

Zarrick

^ Yeah, or maybe theres a complete lack of Duty on, I may want to go on my other char as theres some of them on, and go back on my Dutyer when some of my guys get on.

Its mostly a win win.

I want this rule to be abolished for trusted players as I can imagine its not fun playing the same faction all the time, so they can make, apply and go on a character in a friendly/enemy faction, this way it creatres massive diversity, more friends can be made, rosters can be filled.

And like Jackal said, if theres four freedomers and six Dutyers, a Duty can go on there Freedom char. Then theres 5 V 5, making it perfectly eqaul.

Wazer Wifle

I disagree wholely, I believe that this isn't needed and is probably going to bring up problems, and end up getting a player bitched at when there is a freedom vs military event and the player sides with the military because he likes that faction better.

Caylob

Character(s)
Tolik Brome: Loner- Alive
Smith Walin: Loner - Alive
Andrei Grovinski:  Loner - Alive

Zarrick

Quote from: Wazer Wifle on 27-09-2009
I disagree wholely, I believe that this isn't needed and is probably going to bring up problems, and end up getting a player bitched at when there is a freedom vs military event and the player sides with the military because he likes that faction better.

Nothing against you Wazer, you are k00l guy.

But if thats the only reason you disagree, its not the rule, its the immaturity of Freedom/other factions, its the players CHOICE which faction they help, if your friends dont understand that, there not really huge buddies to you anyway.

I think this rule should go along, it'd promote MORE RP, to MORE people, it'd make RP more diverse, and it'd promote fairness, say 10 millis are on, and I am sure this is highly plausible.

But that day when Brudda Dutch and three monos attacked a Checkpoint of 9 Millis, if three of those millis had Monos, then it'd be even, this is the main problem, and I infact think because the only factions that are kicking the crap out of everyone, are Millitary and Duty, I think that is actually promoting Inactiveness.

Now, I wouldnt leave DUTY for another faction, unless DUTY got really shit, and its going up hill, for now. But I -would- help a faction that was at a major disadvantage in a fire fight, or with an event.

I'm just trying to get mine, yours, and others RP DIFFERENT, it can get stale taking orders all day, Millitary or Duty, so hey, why not bring out your Freefag char and smoke a blunt, you know?

Just a difference in RP :V For all, and like I said, this oppurtunity would only for "Trusted, players."

Tea

NO. The whole point is to join 1 Major Faction of your choice, if you want to be in another either Quit the current one and apply, or join a minor faction.

Zarrick

-.-

NOONE, is understanding, what I am trying to say, so anyone that'd like to respond that understands, do so :V

Locke

Even if you're trusted multi messes up the process

Zarrick

Hm, I can see everyones huge-as-hell concern about Meta'ing, thats the only problem, and thats its downfall.

KillSlim

Quote from: Zarrick on 05-10-2009
Hm, I can see everyones huge-as-hell concern about Meta'ing, thats the only problem, and thats its downfall.
I support Multi-factioning, but have a limit of you being in two major factions at once. If anyone is caught metagaming punish them. Simple. Same with tool-trust, if someone is caught abusing it, punish them. Their trust for being in two factions will be lost, same with their trust to use the tool gun will be lost.

Maybe add applications for multi-factioning .....
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Goose

^^^ Agreed killslim has a good idea to set it up like TT we should at least try this out for a bit and if it dosent work get ride of it and send people back to the first faction they joined.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Lucidius

Quote from: KillSlim on 07-10-2009
I support Multi-factioning, but have a limit of you being in two major factions at once. If anyone is caught metagaming punish them. Simple. Same with tool-trust, if someone is caught abusing it, punish them. Their trust for being in two factions will be lost, same with their trust to use the tool gun will be lost.

I love meta-gaming.

I agree with weeding people out, and trusting people with multi-fac. Not everyone should have it.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Plunger

It's supposed to be a big decision, Not just "Oh I guess I'll just go Military then pick up Freedom later".

Lucidius

Because I don't see who have in their sigs:

MILITARY, ECO, MERC, FREEDOM AND TURY :B
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Zarrick

Quote from: KillSlim on 07-10-2009

Yeah, and I think it'd be a limit to one more faction...

So I'd be Duty Freedom or Duty Millifag or Duty Mono or whatever.

Like KillSlim said, and like I think alot of things should be, Mult-faction trust :V

Elaborate on yo' idea Kill.

Zero

Agree to certain extent, Only trusted roleplayers should be able to do this.

Nikolaz72

Not just applicate for faction but also Applicate for faction Multifactioning. like.

Steam ID:

Time on Server:

Choice of Combination (Freedom-Duty) (Monolith-Military) * For example to know if his doing this for Metagain or to support another. for example if Military Applications is closed or, He has a OOC Hatred to Freedom and suddenly wanna join for a reason.

Explanation of the Combination: *Why would you really want to do this? Is it to support a factions low numbers, Do you have friends in the faction? Or do your like their way of roleplay, Curiousity or, Other.

Leader of both Factions, Green Light:

This is just an idea for what could maybe prevent too big problems in this Multifaction scheme.
It could be Improved, Granted. But i dont believe i know anything more important to add at the moment.
I thought about making this since, It should be pretty hard to get. Like, If a faction has a thing with, you need to have played wha.. 4 Weeks to join, You will need Two months before you can apply for Multifaction. I Did think about adding Supporters, But the Leaders of Factions tend to be Admins. And Two should be 'nough. My 2'C /P/
Text Cyric the Archmage.

KillSlim

Draft application.

Terms and conditions: If you are caught metagaming, powergaming, supplying other characters or otherwise once accepted with the ability to Multi-faction; your actions will be discussed with the faculty heads, and your trust may be removed. Please note, you must have a large amount of serious roleplay experience, and a considerable amount of experience on Stalker serious roleplay.
You must have approval from the faction leader of your desired faction, and from your current faction in order for your application to be legit.

Steam Friends name:
Steam ID:
Time on SRP:
Time seriously roleplaying:
Your current faction:
Your desired second faction:

Why have you chosen ________ as your secondary faction?:

Why do you think you should be accepted for multi-factioning?

Approval from faction leaders (Proof):

Do you agree to the terms and conditions?:

Roster (Draft)

Faculty head(s): KillSlim, Zarrik, Lucidius. (<-- Give the 'New guy' a chance)

Multi-faction roster:
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Nikolaz72

It looks better than mine anyho.... Mine was just an Example.
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Zero

Support for application Multifaction

KillSlim

Quote from: Zero on 08-10-2009
Support for application Multifaction

Goose

Support for muliti faction
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Nikolaz72

Well. I Believe in the end its the Super-Admins and Moderators choice, Not the players. But for the sake of it i would really also like to give a big support, Not only by putting up the application idea but also writing. SUPPORT
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Silver Knight

Not going to happen, multifactioning causes edrama and many problems.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period