More Wacky Ideas from Khorn

Started by Khorn, 13-10-2010

Khorn

No where near complete. Please try to limit this thread to one question at a time, so I can go at them with full dedication.

I was in my law class trying to pass the time, so I tried to put together a new Economy for SRP. Only problem, there is always an issue(or a hundred) with ideas. Needs to be organized better too.

Things that could help with this idea:
+A WELL made Hunger mod.
-Eat a food item, your characters auto makes a "/me eats item"
-Can only eat one item every 5 seconds(No more stuffing food into you're throat)
-Possible limit to food consumption(Maybe, maybe not)
-Creates need for food items and Barmen
-Restores Health and Stamina
-Takes at least a few hours(game clock) to become hungry, after that, it drains stats, not health.
+Artifacts spawning
-Actual use for artifacts(Healing, less hunger, more sprint, etc...)
-Anomalies to spawn them(Eventually Exile will make that)
----------------------------------------More to come later.

-One way this would fuck up.-
Factions being stupid and over-supplying themselves. The Head of each faction should take time and think of how to spend their money wisely. If you over spend, you will have to get out of debt yourself.

It was along the lines of editing Traders mostly.
Also, possible removal of paychecks. Only Ecos and Military would make a paycheck in real life. Everyone else is a random stalker in a group or a loner, paychecks cause inflation of prices. Paychecks deduct money from nowhere. Look up at what happen to Germany back some time ago.

How it goes is that all traders are in factions. Military, Duty, Freedom, Ecologists, Monoliths, Bandits.
One for each faction.

I've also been thinking on the idea of having money and suits becoming Unlootable. Everything else would be able to steal from the body. Due to weight mod, most people would be forced to keep most items in safe boxes. You plan to go out into the zone? Take only what is necessary, or be prepared to lose it.
Maybe, no safe boxes either. You got extra gear? Sell it off before you die. More items in inventory? Have fun not being able to carry anything else. Safe boxes could create a hording featured among players. You carry what you can and need to use. No reason carrying extra guns on you. If you die, you keep your money(Faction members money should be with trader) and armor.

Losing every item cause fear to do things. Losing nothing causes people to play Mr. Badass, it also cuts a way to make profit. Losing a few small items such as food and ammo can't produce much to make a profit. If players get to keep money and their suit, then people would be willing to travel more. People traveling can make money if they find artifacts or items of value. Either play a Loner and try to make money, or play a pussy and hide in a base, not doing anything.

Traders

The Traders in the faction can only sell weapons, ammo and gear used by their faction.
Freedom sells NATO gear. Duty sells Warsaw Gear. Bandits sell bandit jackets and low value guns. Ecologists sell medical supplies and gear to protect from the zone.

Military and Monolith have "Suppliers", which are traders that only work with them, to supply the faction.

Freedom Trader supplies their faction with the faction gear. But they also can sell Faction gear(Loner variant) to anyone. Split money made, between supplying faction and buying from Loners/Others.

Duty Trader supplies their faction with the faction gear. But they also can sell Faction gear(Loner variant) to anyone. Split money made, between supplying faction and buying from Loners/Others.

Ecologists provide a place to sell Artifacts at highest price. And also can sell best medical gear. And when its done, best protection from zone. Such as masks, suits, and psi-protection.

Bandits sell low value weapons (Shot guns, mp5, makarov) and bandits suits(trench, black coat). The provide lower costing weapons then people from factions.

Loner Traders become Barmen. They sell all kinds of food and cheap medical supplies. They provide also ammo for cheap guns and cheap jackets.

Money Making(Traders Edition)

How a trader can make money.

Freedom and Duty make money from the faction raising money from artifacts and spoils of war. Faction money goes to Trader to get supplied in return.

Military and Mono make money by trading gear from dead enemies to their supplier, which in turn uses the cash to buy items for their faction.

Bandits make money off bandits robbing loners and anyone they can.

Barmen make money by selling the cheapest food, cheap medical items, and cheap ammo.

Money Making(Artifacts!)

Everyone can sell an artifact to someone.

Eco's buy at the highest, due to selling it through menu at highest price. (Ex.$1000)

Mono's can give supplier all artifacts found and they sell for the second highest menu price. (Ex.$750)

Military can also give to supplier, but the menu price is same for Freedom and Duty. (Ex.$500)

Bandits/Barkeeps can sell them at second lowest menu price. (Ex.$600)

Military/Freedom/Duty sell them at lowest menu price, or can buy it higher price and bring it to Ecologists. (Buy artifact for $700, bring to Eco, sell for $1000)

Loners can bring artifacts straight to Ecos, or try to get a better price from Bandit/Barkeep. Or bring it to a Faction for possibly lowest price.

Ecos can deny any random Loner's/ Bandits entrance to the Lab, so not all Loners/Bandits can get Eco price. (Not everyone can be trusted.)

Money Making(Non-Trader Edition)

Raising money for yourself/faction

Mili/Monos/Freedom/Duty/Loners/Bandits would need to acquire items and sell them to traders. Either find them, or kill people for the items. Faction war? Also, patrolling for artifacts. See a patrol? Set an ambush up for them.

Freedom/Bandit/Loners with Duty/Military guns can sell them for a better price to Bandits/Freedom/Other Loners.

Duty/Bandit/Loners with Freedom/Military guns can sell them for a better price to Bandits/Duty/Other Loners.

Faction Traders Productions(What they can Spawn)

Monolith use generally all guns they find on people, so the Supplier should be able to spawn Mono Armor(Only) and create any other faction's gun. But producing a faction's gun, other then lower weapons(What Bandits spawn) will cost more then the Factions that also can spawn them.

Military Supplier can only create weapons used by the military. Same with their armor. No FN's or Exos.

Duty produce Duty related guns and armor. They also produce a Duty armor made to look like a Loner's variant. For Loners to buy.

Freedom produce Freedom guns and armor. They also produce a Freedom armor made to lok like a Loner's variant. For Loners to buy.

Ecos produce high grade medical supplies(Best healing shit ever). They produce items to equip to protect self from Zone. And can sell a Loner variant of the Eco Dome armor. (Has more protection from zone(Not bullets and blunt damage) then other variants, Equal to Eco Dome armor)

Bandits produce bandit coats and trench coats. They produce the lower valued guns(viper, shotguns, AKUs, etc...)

Barmen produce food, loner jackets, and ammo for the cheapest guns(Ammo for makarovs and vipers mostly)

All factions can produce cheaper medical supplies and some food(Rations and water only?). But if you want to get better supplies, talk with an Eco or a Barmen to order supplies.

FN2000 and Exos

FN2000s and Exos are rare shit. Should cost the most out of all items, and should have lowered stats. Exo armor is meant to help players move more with a slightly better armor protect(Thats all.)

FN2000s, not sure about it. It should be accurate, should have a better damage then most guns, but nothing ridiculous. Perhaps just remove the FN2000s out of SRP. Or leave to events only?

To acquire them, one most raise enough money(Lots of money) in their faction to get an Exo. But it will severely drain your Factions money.

Again. Not finished as I wish to sleep at this hour. And, one question at a time, so I can fully go at the question and try to amend this.

As a side note, even if my idea is a total failure, at least I'm still trying to create ideas for HGN. Most topics now are only about how shitty everything is. I'm still willing to try to help HGN. So if you want to help, either shut up or brainstorm.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Predu

Quote from: Khorn on 13-10-2010

Bandits make money off bandits robbing loners and anyone they can.

Err.. Sounds a bit lolbandit - ish. Bandits can do other things to get money, robbing loners is just one possibility.

Quote from: Khorn on 13-10-2010

Mili/Monos/Freedom/Duty/Loners/Bandits would need to acquire items and sell them to traders. Either find them, or kill people for the items. Faction war?

Sure that forces people to fight and make the zone a hell. But the instance you fail once, it will be almost impossible to get back up and it will take so much time. But this with paychecks could work.

irondeity

Looks good Khorn. Its obvious you took some time with this.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

meetdadoom

I have a better idea to play off of the food thing. You don't die if you don't eat however your stats depleat to the negatives (so it wouldn't become dark rp :P  )

Also I think what should be happeneing is for the next few days allow these large of paychecks but then after that cut them back to what they used to be so inflation wouldn't happen but everyone is totally down in the gutter.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

lolKieck

The bandita nd normal loner traders wouldn't even be bothered to apply for barmen, since the low cheap guns won't give too much money and one day or another everyone will be shitting exo's and pissing FN's.
So let the traders stay like it was, and it's a good idea.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

The hunger thing is already implemented, your stats temporarily hinder.

Khorn

Quote from: Predu on 13-10-2010

Err.. Sounds a bit lolbandit - ish. Bandits can do other things to get money, robbing loners is just one possibility.

Sure that forces people to fight and make the zone a hell. But the instance you fail once, it will be almost impossible to get back up and it will take so much time. But this with paychecks could work.

Bandits players, not traders, make money off doing what bandits do in real life, rob people. Also, they can acquire artifacts and bring them to their trader. Or attempt to bring it to an Eco, but who trusts people in black coats?

Same with factions, if you wish to raises money for supplies, you will need to hunt for artifacts, or take out any patrol squads looking for artifacts. Once the artifact spawns work, people will be out of the base more often to find them, so set up an ambush.

Quote from: meetdadoom on 13-10-2010
I have a better idea to play off of the food thing. You don't die if you don't eat however your stats depleat to the negatives (so it wouldn't become dark rp :P  )

Also I think what should be happeneing is for the next few days allow these large of paychecks but then after that cut them back to what they used to be so inflation wouldn't happen but everyone is totally down in the gutter.

Issues with paychecks is that the money comes from nowhere. And since that is the origin, it will cause inflation. If a country started to produce more bills, their currency slowly becomes more worthless then blank paper. Also, the inflation is kicked up a notch by paycheck farmers.

Quote from: lolKieck on 13-10-2010
The bandita nd normal loner traders wouldn't even be bothered to apply for barmen, since the low cheap guns won't give too much money and one day or another everyone will be shitting exo's and pissing FN's.
So let the traders stay like it was, and it's a good idea.
Loners that want to have roleplay more(Funny right?) become barmen and make money off selling food, ammo, and rookie jackets at lowest price in the game. Loners would flock to him for their first needs. Also, Loners or others could use a barman to sell artifacts at a higher price if they can't reach an Eco. Ecos are dicks, so they wouldn't allow every person into a lab.

Bandits Traders should be intertwined in a Bandit Faction. So in order for them to make money, the bandits need to be bandits. Rob players, bring items to trader, trader cashes it in, buys supplies for bandits. Also, Loners and Bandits will come to bandit trader for their items too(Trench coat, shotguns, viper, anything that is lower value then a faction's set of equipment)

Quote from: Jake on 13-10-2010
The hunger thing is already implemented, your stats temporarily hinder.

But doesn't do much to affect players. I have yet to notice it that much.

Silver Knight

Thank you for your contribution Khorn i will be reading this fully in a hour or so.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

Other than finding artifacts loners are buttfucked in this. They won't make any money at all with which to buy things and they also now need to pay for food AND when they die they lose their hard-earned gun. How is that going to help new players?

Tom

Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-10-2010
Other than finding artifacts loners are buttfucked in this. They won't make any money at all with which to buy things and they also now need to pay for food AND when they die they lose their hard-earned gun. How is that going to help new players?

Its not.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

N3gativezero

But thats one of the main problems, new players are screwed.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Pawx

There's a Idea awhile back that I made that a few players thought was a pretty good idea:

Outworld Traders (Debatable Name) - Traders that bring in goods from outside of the Zone, Such as Food, Drinks, Weapons, Ammunation, Candy, Instruments (Guitars seen in most of the Stalker games), Etc.

Also, most of the Ideas you made were pretty good.

Khorn

Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-10-2010

Loners are in no way screwed. Only people who rely on paycheck farming are fucked. A smart player can raise money to get better gear. Lazy fucks that like to rush through shit will be screwed over.

And they won't lose a suit or their cash.(Perhaps, not fully decided. Maybe partially kept.)

They can make money by artifact hunting. They can do your average 'Get hired by somone for something'. They can find scraps(maybe). Fight bandits and take their gear.(Could cause NLR issues, Metagaming?). Get bounties. (If they last) They can take their artifacts straight to Ecos fo highest price. They can take a faction gun straight to another faction to trade.

And food items would be very cheap, if scraps stay, then finding like 3 rubles worth will feed you for the day.

Most loners with maybe a single artifact sale(minium 1000 Ru?) which is enough for most low value weapons. If they worry about losing a good gun, make a friend or three. Make a group, protect each other. Or play alone and defend yourself. Loners can make money if they play smart.

If a bandit robs or kills some loners, and others found out, Loners can band together to hunt bandits for justice. They rob or kill and take gear to sell. Bandits learn it someho, and strike back. Loners strike back again. They keep going at it, until someone gives ups. Just like how it should. Loners distrust those that could be bandits. Bandits lve single loners, or any group they outnumber and outgun.

Loners will need to rely on friends and connections to live. They can band together, pool money, and help each other. If a player decides to play the lonely Loner, then if they die, their fault.

Such is life in the Zone.

Also currently, I'm still completely against paychecks. And my current reason is Inflation. It will happen over and over with paychecks. Mostly due to the paycheck farmers.

Khorn

This post feels better seperated.

Loners in reality would only be able to make money in the ways I listed. How would they be able to do otherwise? The Scavenger paycheck is probably the first time Loners earned money. Before, Loners needed handouts and find things to sell.

Nothing has changed, just like it was before. But lack of artifacts is destroying the Loner population.

I started as a loner with only so much money. I got hired as a Bar guard. And recieved either an ammo paycheck or rubles. From someone's pocket. Again, paychecks from nowhere is a horrible solution. I've said it over and over, and why it is a bad idea.

A singe artifact sold to Eco can raise maybe 2000 rubles. The scavenger paycheck gives out about 90 rubles an hour. So paycheck farmer needs to wait 22 hours in the game. So, you want the paychecks instead of artifacts?

Paintcheck

I agree the lack of artifacts is the biggest problem but there hasn't really been an upsurge in jobs/activities for loners to do so saying "They can do jobs" would be great if jobs actually existed for them to do. That's why loners get paychecks now, because there's no jobs for them otherwise.

And even with artifacts implemented they will probably be rare because Silver likes people to be poor and bored. So the players who are unlucky and don't find any artifacts (ie me when we had random artifact spawning I never found one ever) will get bored and leave again.

The problem isn't that HGN doesn't have any players it's that HGN doesn't have any new players coming in to replace the droves of players who are leaving due to boredom. Your ideas don't fix that problem, they just refine the economy already in place. And they are decent ideas but they aren't going to help increase the population. These are just going to change how current players do things and the players who are left have already demonstrated that they don't really care about the economy or they would have left due to boredom too.

jaik

What's wrong with you guys, I've found several weapons/items and a suit and I still had time to RP.
I really don't know about the economy right now, it shouldn't be that bad, since factions have paychecks, shouldn't be that enough to buy yourself a weapon and a suit (Which you should get for free anyways).

Maybe getting money is a bit tough, but shouldn't you ask a trader? And if he/she doesn't give any jobs, shouldn't they be removed?

Khorn

For one thing, this idea was never meant to bring new players. I'm not making advertisement ideas. This is just my way of thinking of what we could do in order to make it fair.

If Exile wants people to be poor, so be it. It's his to deal with. If he decides to make the artifacts a bit more common then 1 per day. Then this idea could work.

I would say, first we need a way to have anomalies spawn in random areas every time the server restarts. Second the anomalies that can actually make artifacts, should make an artifact maybe every 3 hours(+ X minutes, X=Players).

So let's say there are 5 anomalies that can spawn artifacts.(Not just random items either, just artifacts) Rest of anomalies are just to hurt you. With in the 3 hours(plus the number of players/minutes on the server) an artifact will spawn from all 5 anomalies. If possible, make it so each anomaly has it own timer, as to make it so it all doesn't spawn at the same moment.

And just because you never found an artifact, means no one else can. I found just one, sold it for like 5000. Found 2 dog tails, and a makarov.
Also, Loners can find gear on the stupid Loner that didn't see the anomaly.

Also Paint, if you want to, go ahead and create an idea on how to bring new players. I'm currently stuck on this, and will keep pushing it through.

Lack of players is an issue to the economy. But the paychecks coming from nowhere is a worse issue. It causes people to stop RPing. Why go out to make money, when you can sit still and farm in a safe base? If the paychecks are gone, they will need to go out and talk to people, or RP their way to riches. Paychecks should be given to a player In Character, from someone who hired you.

Tom

I suppose, but Paychecks have been around for a long time and where never a problem back in the day. Back in chernobyl when I first joined factioneers made alot of money via Pay checks and shit and STILL tried to make money regardless, same thing with Stalkers and P-checks, Exp Stalkers have had 100RU paychecks and they never stoped RPing. Its not Paychecks its the fact that traders CAN'T give missions, There are no artifacts, there is no real way to make money.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

But, they will be on the server eventually.

Hopefully not scarce enough that people, like Paint, never find them.

But still, paychecks are abused. I see single faction people alone on the server. I highly doubt that they are role playing.

lolKieck

Quote from: Khorn on 14-10-2010
But, they will be on the server eventually.

Hopefully not scarce enough that people, like Paint, never find them.

But still, paychecks are abused. I see single faction people alone on the server. I highly doubt that they are role playing.

I highly doubt that there's anyone RPing 9-10 AM, weekdays, GMT +2
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌