Missing a Rook Jacket Model

Started by Frostee, 20-01-2011

Frostee

Whenever I play SRP, I some times see this one invisble person. I believe it's the green jacket. So how do I fix this problem?

nKe

I got same problem...

Astarathia

Have you guys tried reinstalling the pack? Maybe you didn't install it correctly , did you put the whole pack into addons? Or did you unzip everything into garrysmod/garrysmod?

Frostee

I did put it in addons and I have done reinstalled it a lot and one stalker is usually invisible. And yes, I have EP2, CSS

Silver Knight

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 22-01-2011
I did put it in addons and I have done reinstalled it a lot and one stalker is usually invisible. And yes, I have EP2, CSS

Make sure you have the patch as well. Sometimes files can corrupt when you download them.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Frostee

Quote from: Last.Exile on 22-01-2011
Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 22-01-2011

Make sure you have the patch as well. Sometimes files can corrupt when you download them.

Yeah I have the patch too

nKe

I have tried many different ways to install the pack and patch, but no success so far.

Turkey

Quote from: Nik3 on 23-01-2011
I have tried many different ways to install the pack and patch, but no success so far.
Eh. Had same problem. Put in addons, Then copy over again, Except just extracting the files and overwriting.. rest fixed it for me

nKe

^Doesnt work...

I found this from my console tho:

Error Index File for 'srp\rookie7.mdl' checksum 178190184 should be 237948522
MDLCache: Failed load of .VTX data for srp\rookie8.mdl

Mebby its that.

jaik

Quote from: Nik3 on 25-01-2011

This .vtx file exists, either it's corrupted for you or you didn't install it correctly.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Quote from: Jake on 25-01-2011
Quote from: Nik3 on 25-01-2011

Reinstalling pack havent helped so far... Maybe i just replace those with black jacket rookies.
This .vtx file exists, either it's corrupted for you or you didn't install it correctly.

N3gativezero

I'm having the same problem too, but it only happened AFTER I switched to DX8.1 to prevent the game from RSOing on me everytime I join. I've got a theory that it's due to some kind of glitch with DX8.1, although I'd rather be able to play and not see two rookie models then not be able to play at all.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

nKe

Quote from: N3gativezero on 25-01-2011
I'm having the same problem too, but it only happened AFTER I switched to DX8.1 to prevent the game from RSOing on me everytime I join. I've got a theory that it's due to some kind of glitch with DX8.1, although I'd rather be able to play and not see two rookie models then not be able to play at all.

Im playing dxlevel 81 too, but my friend plays in normal dxlevel and cant see models, so its just some corrupted file or smthing wrong with files, as Jake said. Someone take a look at those files? Or is there a good way to replace those corrupt ones with some other stalker model?

jaik

They work for other people, including me, so I'm guessing it's a clientside problem.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Bumping this again...
Its so annoying to not be able to see everyone ._.