Military Roleplaying

Started by Austin, 14-04-2010

Austin

Is fail. The Mili have no idea how to RP. They just sit in there bunker and shoot at anyone they see as they see fit. For example, I was behind a tree and they shot at me, that's fine, it was STM. Then i was shot, without so much as a warning in broadcast or a yell. I then proceeded to injury RP, bleeding to death, my leg having a bullet lodged into it, I crawled (+duck and Walking) back, towards the bunker a friend of mine was in, I get behind the fence and am sitting there, still bleeding, still injury RPing. He's out talking too the trader so I'm stuck outside, since I can't jump a barrier with a broken leg, it's just not happening. So of course I get mad in OOC for not so much of a warning broadcast or ATTEMPT to say leave, and due to the fact that they were shooting everyone, not just me. For example, apparently someone got a grenade shot at 'em. So I'm still sitting, waiting, etc, still bleeding, injury RPing just fine and then they shoot me AGAIN. I'm not even near there base. They said it was because I was LOOKING AT IT. I there after had 10 health left and bled too death soon after. Also.. A Mili member dropped this on me. "BUT THE WHOLE FUCKING ZONE IS OUR PROPERTY. THANKS. We own, The entire, Zone. WE have rights To the entire zone. In fact You're illegal to be here." Basically he/she was saying they can just shoot anyone they feel like for whatever reason because they "Own the Zone". It's total bullshit. Mili needs to be put in line and they need too learn how to RP. If they had actually RPed the scene I wouldn't be on the forums raging about it. In a real mili situation they would have sent someone down and captured me, considering I was sitting there bleeding to death. From there God knows where it could've gone! It may have been a damn good RP scenario. Meh.. Okay. End of my rant.

Paintcheck

Military was really trigger happy tonight. I understand them protecting their interest (ie shooting people attempting to assault their bunker) but they were shooting people across the map and near the silos who were doing nothing hostile at all. It was stupid.

Only reason I post is so people won't be like "lol new guy is just raging" because he has a point. The soldiers were STKing EVERYONE within line of sight.

Wazer Wifle

No, we were definitely not STKing everyone on sight. We were properly STMing. You charged the military base, and got shot at.

Solo charge the military base in a sprint ==> Get shot at (STM) ===> Whine.

Lion

I get the feeling this will dissolve into a ' no he/she did this/that ' arguement.
I've got a simple solution.

Don't bumrush a heavily fortified location with people with guns guarding it.

Don't chase down people who bumrushed you because you didn't pew them enough.

Stop argueing.

Paintcheck

Locked due to above, good call Lion. Posted something in the Military's own "Suggestion/Complaint" thread that is less..ranty.