Merc suits

Started by Zarrick, 13-10-2009

Zarrick

Somone has to say it, there is a distinctly huge buildup of people wearing Mercs, that think they are mercs because they have a merc suit and have /title "Merc/Blonde/Badass".

NOW I am NOT getting at peoples RPs, but honestly, I vote that if your not in a merc group, or you dont have the merc flag, your not a merc and shouldnt have the suit, I say this as everyone is a STALKER, go and buy a normal suit :V

I can imagine people will come back at me screaming "SUNRISE SUIT IS SHIT NO ARMOUR LOL", uwannaknowhowtoget armour?

Buy a bandit jacket, wear it, and then wear your Sunrise suit, it keeps the armour of your Bandit jacket (Which is 100) and you look like a STALKER, not a Merc.

I BITCH BECAUSE I AM SICK OF THE ENTIRE SERVER BEING FILLED WITH /TITLE MERC ERS D:<

Edit: I also hope the TU does somthing about this, as a Merc suit, should be sold by Merc group traders, not your daily barkeep.
====================================

Crimzon_Reaper

/. Expletive. Agree.

"LOL IM MURLOC BEKOZ IM BUY SOOT FR MURLOX"

It really is getting riddiculous, prices need to start getting raised, or suits getting thinned out.

Whilst we're at it:
Eco suits. No.

Zarrick

Unless your an Eco merc* In which case you may aswell be an Eco stalker.

Megamaff

What about those who WANT to be in a merc group or have merc flags but cant because they cannot donate or have to actually prove themselves a merc in the first place to join a merc group -_-

Zarrick

Then your not a merc.

If you cant prove your worthy of being in a merc group, your not a merc.

Megamaff

I mean "To join some merc groups you have to be a merc in the first place"

Zarrick

Nah, you chose to be a merc, hence you try and join a group.

Lone mercs = Donate plox.

KillSlim

In some ways, I agree with this, but in others I don't.

I agree with this because:
- Mercenaries ideally should be the only ones who wear their types of suit.

I disagree with this because:
- People are perfectly able to RP being a Mercenary. RP Over script.
- If you look, behave and equip yourself like a Merc, go ahead and Rp being a Mercenary.

Oh, and about the supposed Ecologist suits: Those are just Sunrise suits modified to become resistant against Zone conditions. In ShoC (Un-Modded) I see plenty of Stalkers wearing blue Sunrise suits.

Does this guy look like an Ecologist to you?

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Torch

One with a Vintorez yes.
Originally when SoC was Oblivion Lost Ecos wore the blue suit, then it just kinda ended up as an alternate texture for the sunrise. Most people associate it with Eco Stalkers now. I'm working on the science suits so chillax a bits.

Zarrick

* Zarrick drools all over the Merc suit that KillSlim posted

THAT, is the suit I want.

And I know KillSlim, but it not EVERYONE is a merc, some are stalkers, and when I see about four of the same merc go past me I sort of go "What the fuck?"

KillSlim

I doubt Ecologists would use suits made by Folk Craftsman of the Zone, they'd high-tech suits funded by the government.
Back on track.
I think Stalkers wearing Mercenary suits should atleast prove themselves, worthy via RP or Via the Merc's cause.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Assassinator

Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 13-10-2009
/. Expletive. Agree.

"LOL IM MURLOC BEKOZ IM BUY SOOT FR MURLOX"

2007 Blizzcon when you went they passed out codes for you to get Murloc suit in WoW. So... MURLOC SUIT FOR THE WIN. Rwl.

Also, I believe there are too many mercenaries, but if they have the suit, perhaps they should be  considered a true mercenary? What I mean is no STALKER suit mercs. Perhaps earning the money to buy a mercenary suit would mean by then you were a true mercenary? I normally dislike ideas that would be limiting roleplay but practically everyone is a mercenary now.

Zarrick

To be honest you should only be able to buy them from Merc traders, like Sergei Yurdansky, hes the BR trader and he supplys all merc stuff.

Honestly merc suits are to easy to get.

Zero

I honestly think the Sunrise suit should just be edited to have armor, buying a Bandit suit costs 8,000 buying a Sunrise suit costs 25,000 and even then your lucky if the Trader doesn't push up the price (Not that I do but any other traders) In total that is 33,000. Three thousand more then a merc suit, and the 100 armor isn't worth it, just buy the suit and save yourself 3,000 and get 50 more armor, until the Sunrise suit gets armor or if the sunrise suit gets a 5,000 discount, I don't think this should go into effect.

I do agree though that people shouldn't have merc in the title if all they have is a suit.

Pawx

Quote from: Zarrick on 13-10-2009
Honestly merc suits are to easy to get.

Your right, and wrong. Take SOC for a example, it takes you about 5 minutes to get a hold of a Merc Suit, But also, you don't see alot of Stalkers wearing Merc Suits :/

Maybe the Person/Stalker that is wearing has a reason for wearing it, Looted, found in a stash, Whatever.

So don't go around saying "YOUR NO REAL MERC!" To everyone, some aren't trying to be one, maybe they just found it ICly.  Moral of the story, your half right, half wrong.

Quote from: Zarrick on 13-10-2009
NOW I am NOT getting at peoples RPs, but honestly, I vote that if your not in a merc group, or you dont have the merc flag, your not a merc and shouldnt have the suit, I say this as everyone is a STALKER, go and buy a normal suit :V

This is where your wrong, Just cause they aren't a Merc doesn't mean there not allowed to wear one. It's there RP, not yours. If they want to get misplaced as a Merc by a Bandit that was attacked by another Merc and dies, thats their fault.

Torch

The basic merc suits are Tier 1 armor, technically they should be lower than the sunrise suits.

Crimzon_Reaper

^

Fact is, they're running around, with suits for armour, not for the purpose of being mercs.
They're still Stalkers unless they are part of a group, until then, they're still Stalkers, trying to make money, by being hired for jobs.

Plunger

^

Fact is, they're running around, with suits for armour, not for the purpose of being mercs.
They're still Stalkers unless they are part of a group, until then, they're still Stalkers, trying to make money, by being hired for jobs.
In SoC you ran around with Merc Armor for the protection.

Lucidius

Quote from: Plunger on 13-10-2009
^

Same thing.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Plunger

Quote from: Lucidius on 13-10-2009
Quote from: Plunger on 13-10-2009
^

Same thing.

Reinforcement

Paintcheck

I vote we make the STALKER suit actually have 100 armor so people wear it. Seems kind of weird that no one uses it (cept for the Estalkers and Vstalkers of donators)

lolKieck

Yeah, thats not good.
And I dont have the money for goddamn 2 suits, while Stalker "Sunrise" Suit costs 25k without any protection.
It should cost 25k, but should be given with Bandit Suits, to give some armor.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Dug

Yesterday when I played I was on guard duty, and the amount of people I saw with merc suits was just too many <.<

Zarrick

I dont mind people having them Pox, I just want them to be sold by MERC Group traders, they are suits of the mercs, half the server -shouldnt- be walking around with a Merc suit, Sunrise r for non mercs.

I'm not trying to stop peoples RP, I just want the number of bloody merc suits to go down.