Master Mercenaries - FN2000 Return?

Started by KillSlim, 14-08-2010

The Master Merc flag has recently had it's FN2000 removed. Should it be returned?

Yes
10 (29.4%)
No
15 (44.1%)
Yes - Strict application required
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: 17-08-2010

KillSlim

A discussion is currently ongoing in the Donators' forum, it concerns the recent removal of the Master Merc's FN2000.
Allow me to remind you, that in Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl the Mercenary faction is the most well armed, second best to the Monolith. They use high-end 5.56 NATO weaponry and are the only faction in the game to equip attatchments.

This is more of a plea, however I believe it is fair to allow the server to have a say in the outcome as this is the technique SK often uses to decide the outcome of a big decision, the 'Script Description' thread is a good example.

The FN was removed because of one case of abuse, and the entire status was punished instead of a singular punishment, and I'm strongly against blanket punishment.
The Master Mercenaries now spawn with an LR300, the same as the Veteran Merc, it kind of eliminates the bonuses of donating for Master status as currently, the Master Stalker, Master Merc and Master Bandit all have perks identical to their Veteran siblings (Identical Weapons and paychecks). Back on track: The topic is the return of the FN2000 for the M.Merc.

May I just say, the Master donators have donated quite a considerable amount of money, and almost all of the Master Mercenaries who are few in number, have legit history, thus 'Earning' their FN (If the topic of 'Earning' is brought up.)

To those who will vote 'No' because of previous encounters of being owned on the recieving end of an FN, please vote realisticly. ICly, Mercenaries have acquired years of combat experience, either in or outside of the Zone so says the official Stalker Wikia.
To those who vote no because they don't like having someone have a bigger gun than you, kindly piss off; this is a serious debate.

Thanks for reading.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

RG4ORDR

Give them a SIG-550 hell in wild territory I seen use Sigs and Lrs
er

Welek

I've only ever seen 1 Merc in all the stalker games with a FN2000.  So ya.. I would rather them have a SIG-550 and make them earn the FN2000.

Comradebritish

Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

KillSlim

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

RG4ORDR

I mean even if you're a master Merc where did did you get FN
I say Sig-550 be more available than G36 and Fn
er

KillSlim

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 14-08-2010
I mean even if you're a master Merc where did did you get FN
I say Sig-550 be more available than G36 and Fn

Can't you read and figure it out? Did you even read the initial paragraphs or did you just press 'No'.

RG4ORDR

Yes - Strict application required
I did that but right now I'm semi tired
er

Fibritz

Nope for fn.... ICly i saw.... i think 2 or 3 mercs with that weap of mass destruction..

No for FN2000

Yes for g36 sig etc.

Aresty

meetdadoom

Give them the ability to be able to buy one if they save up enouh money, other wise you really don't need it if you are a MASTER at your job, just remind stalkers that you have top of the line training and you are very experianced while a d
rookie stalker has almost no real training in combat.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Steven :D

Or... Have mercs a seperate buy menu for weaponry, which they cant sell. Also specific weapons, ie. Sig's and LR's for a lower price?

Sharrock

I'm saying no to an FN, but instead give them a G36. It makes much more sense as a FN isn't exactly a common weapon to be found in STALKER. As to where the G36 can be found more commonly. And the G36 still being a pretty strong and good assault rifle it fits the Master Merc.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on

Khorn

Can we get something better then a makarov also?

Mikhail

you guys really don't understand what "master merc" means. It doesn't mean you get uber l33t guns, it means that you're so skilled you could kill someone with a if need be.

Khorn

Well with a makarov, you can't kill shit. You have a better chance having a bullet hit yourself.

Also, fear rp is mostly dead. So people won't care if you are a master at anything. They still treat you as if they can kick your ass.

RG4ORDR

You can kill with a PMm just takes alot of ammo
er

Chrono

I dont really want the fn back,But at least give us master mercs a g36,SVD,SVU or the vss any  of those would be good.

RG4ORDR

I would say No sniper weapons
Not once at all in my Stalker games I saw a merc using a SVD,SVU
G36 is rare
FN2k is very rare for me
er

Snurf

If we don't get our FNs back (which we bloody damn well should), we really need to get something better than an LR300 - Makarov combo. Really. A VSS or G36 coupled with a Deagle would be pretty nice.

But getting the FN back is still much better.
Bird - Master Merc.

Locke

FN200 is really OP. A G36 or a SIG550 would be better. You also should not be able to drop weapons you spawn with too, or suits.

Killabreu

I agree that you shouldn't have a makarov, but you shouldn't have a Desert Eagle. Enjoy a P99 or Beretta, with a nice helping of LR300 or Sig 550. Buy one of these packages and you can mix and match!

SRP Characters:
Callsign "Faust" - Loner.
Callsign "Eastwood" - American trader.
Roger McMillan - Ex-RIRA. Ex-DUTY. Mercenary.

KillSlim

Thanks for all of your votes.

Quote from: Killabreu on 19-08-2010
I agree that you shouldn't have a makarov, but you shouldn't have a Desert Eagle. Enjoy a P99 or Beretta, with a nice helping of LR300 or Sig 550. Buy one of these packages and you can mix and match!

LR300 - No. It's what Master Mercs have currently, and is what Veteran Mercs have too. It's the same situation with the Veteran Stalker and Veteran bandit, they have exactly the same perks and eliminates the advtantages of donating $50 more for Master Status.

I think a G36 / Walther P99 would be adequate, however I'm not causing another ruckus by starting yet another thread, it wouldn't be appreciated.

Khorn

You do remember, donating to the server wasn't so you could get an advantage over others, but to help the server itself?

lolKieck

For me it should have:
Exp Merc - MP5
Vet Merc - LR300
Mas Merc - G36/SiG 550
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌