Loners?

Started by Plunger, 02-08-2009

Plunger

I've noticed a huge difference from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SoC Loners, and Loners from out game.

Loners is SoC would always stick together, word traveled fast if one of them was murdered and the culprit was labeled an outcast.

In our server the loners are always robbing each other when their backs are turned and everyone seems to not give a care if a well known stalker is murdered by a novice one.

My proposal is that the faction gets an actual leader, Not officially leader, just a very well known loner who makes it his job to keep loners together and in check.

The board, if this were to happen, would have an official IC PDA so people can learn who killed who and what's going on. A roster chart could be made called, "Loner Rankings" which would tell who is an Experienced, Veteran, and Master.

Not my best suggestion, but Loners are always fighting each other and it's rather annoying.

KillSlim

Loners could just kill this 'Leader', then they could do whatever they pleased. They may even make a profit out of it.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Plunger

Quote from: KillSlim on 02-08-2009
Loners could just kill this 'Leader', then they could do whatever they pleased. They may even make a profit out of it.
Then a PDA messages goes around about how, "Insert Name Here" killed the famous loner.

deluxulous

metagaming ensues

Plunger

Quote from: PistolKid on 02-08-2009
metagaming ensues
Lies and Libel

Rhyom Guther

Get at the point where you die or get to a cirtain altitude (Ground Zero) Your PDA sends out alert message to all other people saying "Name" Has fallen to the ground... He might be Injured or Dead. Assist at "Location" and w/e but Meh..

Paintcheck

Loners are generally newbies who quickly join a faction because being a Loner is impossible with the inventory bug and lack of traders. Wouldn't be worth the time.

Plunger

Quote from: Paintcheck on 16-08-2009
Loners are generally newbies who quickly join a faction because being a Loner is impossible with the inventory bug and lack of traders. Wouldn't be worth the time.
I play my loner my then my Freedom...

lolKieck

Hes right, and bandits running with G36 OR FN2000's rob every newbie stalker they could, loners do that too. Loners should be friendly to each other, when they meet the first time. And on 300 RU you cant do nothing, buying a makarov for 300 and getting robbed in the first 5 minutes by an "Sunrise Suit" and Abakan stalkers. You then get 0 Roubles and you need to get some damn money by all means, and getting money without a gun is very hard.
Edit: Damn, I am a hypocrite. The traders shoulda make missions about taking some case from a dead stalker or such.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

Quote from: lolKieck on 02-09-2009
Hes right, and bandits running with G36 OR FN2000's rob every newbie stalker they could, loners do that too. Loners should be friendly to each other, when they meet the first time. And on 300 RU you cant do nothing, buying a makarov for 300 and getting robbed in the first 5 minutes by an "Sunrise Suit" and Abakan stalkers. You then get 0 Roubles and you need to get some damn money by all means, and getting money without a gun is very hard.
Edit: Damn, I am a hypocrite. The traders shoulda make missions about taking some case from a dead stalker or such.

Yesterday I had tons of missions going as my trader as did...I think it was Ravanger. Missions are being made, you just need to be online at the right time. But I agree with the rest of what you said. For my mission rewards I try to give low level guns instead of rubles because that's more helpful I think to the rookie with nothing and also because I don't have that many rubles yet since no one can buy anything from me to give me more rubles to pay for missions.

OxTox

Well, I recently got a trader, today I have been inducted and set up with my laminated Trader permit! I have given out around twelve missions with a reward around five hundred to one thousand and a half roubles, i'm trying to give the missions to the new people so they can get weaponry to defend themselves, I also noticed a Rookie that also robbed other Loner's so I decided to make a mission to kill him with a reward on his head, worked out great.

And Doomburger and any other person with a trader would make these kind of missions if they are on their trader, so don't worry about the lack of traders, Bagelz is doing a good job and has employed fine traders.

lolKieck

Yeah. But there's another problem. Bandits.
They rob any and all rookies or veterans.
Bandits should be like CS bandits, they take all the money, but they leave the equipment alone.
If someone was saved from bandits and found one aggressor, he would have the right to "confisctae" the weapon, because he would think that the bandit could rob someone else.

Moordact

Loners should not rob eachother..

Simple as 1+1 = 2
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Lt.Friberg

Quote from: Moordact on 03-09-2009
Loners should not rob eachother..

Simple as 1+1 = 2

Agreed.
I will think of they who where left behind "Tharen"

lolKieck

Yeah. And theres not too much loners. We need to somehow make them play or make loner chars.

Paintcheck

Quote from: lolKieck on 05-09-2009
Yeah. And theres not too much loners. We need to somehow make them play or make loner chars.

The way to do that would be to make guns possible for a Loner to obtain. Which would then wreck the economy again (for some reason people dislike it when everyone has an AK74 which to me doesn't seem terribly game breaking since that's how SoC works but...).

lolKieck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 05-09-2009
Quote from: lolKieck on 05-09-2009

The way to do that would be to make guns possible for a Loner to obtain. Which would then wreck the economy again (for some reason people dislike it when everyone has an AK74 which to me doesn't seem terribly game breaking since that's how SoC works but...).
Yeah. Economy would fail, but restoring economy could be... making guns more shit.
Every pistol (except Desert Eagle aka Black Kite) should have similiar penetrating power and accuracy, which should be averagely low or something. Assalut Rifles could be lowered, and shotguns the same. Vintorez could be lowered, and the other semi-auto sniper rifles would have no changes.

Zombiehunta

I like this idea, escpecially since it makes HGN SRP alot more like SoC.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

lolKieck

Yay. Somebody likes my idea.

Zero

How about loners who kill other loners, would be refused service from traders and be hunted down, Both for about a hour or so. Unless the Loner had a good reason to kill the other loner that could be the penalty

lolKieck

Ooooh... Nice idea, if someone didnt like being a ShoC loner, he wuolda be hunted down.

Torch

I'm messing around with starting up a active Loner 'Clan' so meh.
Support the Diggers! We'll have a patch eventually once I get off my ass and make one :V

Ari

I think loners need more bases. The Bar isn't that good a place to hang because, well, it's basically overused. More people need to build camps/simple shelters.

Agonix

Agreed
"Intelligence and the heart is like an hourglass. When one is filled, other becomes empty."

lolKieck

Yeah, but I see more loners in the server.
Good.