Loner faction becoming major.

Started by Steel, 09-01-2010

Steel

I have noticed recently that theres plenty of loner groups coming from absolutely nowhere.
I think we should have a major Loner faction.. Just called "Loners".
Like the head rank being "Father" As in Father Valerian.

Obviously people wont be forced, but it will be the head loner clan in the zone.
A faction flag for it and what not.
Just an official roster, and group, instead of a minor group. Seeing as the loners are depicted as a major faction in CS, So why the hell not?
Let me get your opinions on this.

KillSlim

No, won't happen.
Loners are relatively unorganized and scattered across the Zone, so of-course you would see lots of pockets of Loners; like the 'Neutral Squad' at the machinery dump, the pocket of Loners at the warehouse, The group outside the Freedom base, Mole's group of Loners at the Agroprom complex (Above Ground); there are just lots of Loners scattered over the Zone.

A flag won't be made, there is already the Loner flag which a character starts with and then there are the donate-only flags.

This is the Shadow of Chernobyl time line, not the Clear Sky time line. In ShoC Loners aren't considered a major power.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Pawx

Actually, Jackal has a point, Look at CS for example. Of course its not every loner, Its just a group of them. We could have one 'Master' Loner that controls some of the Loners.

And we aren't in the SOC timeline, We all know were in the 2013 timezone (Somewhere between CS and COP if I'm sure, probably wrong about that.)

Steel

Quote from: KillSlim on 09-01-2010
No, won't happen.
Loners are relatively unorganized and scattered across the Zone, so of-course you would see lots of pockets of Loners; like the 'Neutral Squad' at the machinery dump, the pocket of Loners at the warehouse, The group outside the Freedom base, Mole's group of Loners at the Agroprom complex (Above Ground); there are just lots of Loners scattered over the Zone.

A flag won't be made, there is already the Loner flag which a character starts with and then there are the donate-only flags.

This is the Shadow of Chernobyl time line, not the Clear Sky time line. In ShoC Loners aren't considered a major power.

Your missing the point here, im saying something that there needs to be a head clan.
There is so many ridiculous groups being made, with stupid names.
This month alone, over 6 attempts of new loner groups have been made

KillSlim

Quote from: Poxkillerd on 09-01-2010
And we aren't in the SOC timeline, We all know were in the 2013 timezone (Somewhere between CS and COP if I'm sure, probably wrong about that.)

We are at the time line just before Marked-one arrives, ie: Shadow of Chernobyl time line.

And who will obey the head clan?
A group suddenly appears and demands to be acknowledged as the head Loner clan. Yeah, right, as if other Loner groups would obey.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Steel

Simple answers to that is to install rules.

Because the loners are an absolute unorganised mess, at least on the forums, either that, or it needs a big clean out.

And a new system needs to be put in.

KillSlim

Quote from: The Jackal on 09-01-2010

Because the loners are an absolute unorganised mess, at least on the forums, either that, or it needs a big clean out.

We don't need a new Loner 'head faction', we need rules stating that you need to be in the community for atleast 1 month before attempting to create a group.

Steel

We don't need a new Loner 'head faction', we need rules stating that you need to be in the community for atleast 1 month before attempting to create a group.

Then it needs to be done, and the board needs cleaning out and set up again.

KillSlim

I raised the topic in the admin room. Hopefully it will get support.

Steel

I raised the topic in the admin room. Hopefully it will get support.

Thank you for you assistance and input killslim.

Plunger

I have noticed recently that theres plenty of loner groups coming from absolutely nowhere.

Obviously people wont be forced, but it will be the head loner clan in the zone.
Just an official roster, and group, instead of a minor group. Seeing as the loners are depicted as a major faction in CS, So why the hell not?
It can't really be done. The loners are to scattered because of the events of Clear Sky, and the reason he was called, "Father" was because he was a priest. It's not a bad idea, but it wouldn't really work. Better to just clear the loner section and add rules.
Actually, Jackal has a point, Look at CS for example. Of course its not every loner, Its just a group of them. We could have one 'Master' Loner that controls some of the Loners.

Do you even play STALKER, This was the most unorganized, and uninformative post I've seen outside of GVC.

We're not in Clear Sky's timeline Pox so your entire first paragraph is moot, and yes we are in a time line before SoC, but after the loners were crushed in CS, which by the way CS is before SoC, so we're between CS, and SoC.

I hope no one who read Pox's post actually took it seriously since none of it makes sense.

klp4

Oh you gotta be kidding me...Talked to Radek over the phone about this yesterday and I suggested it to him, lol.

I love the idea mate. Was going to write some about it as well xD
I think it could turn out to something excellent.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Pawx

Quote from: Layton on 09-01-2010

It can't really be done. The loners are to scattered because of the events of Clear Sky, and the reason he was called, "Father" was because he was a priest. It's not a bad idea, but it wouldn't really work. Better to just clear the loner section and add rules.

Do you even play STALKER, This was the most unorganized, and uninformative post I've seen outside of GVC.

We're not in Clear Sky's timeline Pox so your entire first paragraph is moot, and yes we are in a time line before SoC, but after the loners were crushed in CS, which by the way CS is before SoC, so we're between CS, and SoC.

I hope no one who read Pox's post actually took it seriously since none of it makes sense.

I have people telling me its After COP, People saying its In SOC, People saying its Between CS and SOC, So I dont know what to believe anymore, so fuck off.

And Fix your grammar, it's utter shit.

Get Firefox to fix your grammar (Trying to be nice on the worst day possible, don't push it.)

klp4

The thing is that it could be something good. Of course most of the arguements are against it since it would be hard and not so cannon to get a Major Loner faction working, but it would for sure be something interesting.

No need to start flaming at each other just becomes someone has a different opinion or says something that you do not agree with. Seriously, it's just stupid and really childish.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Dug

I do not understand you people, SoC and CS time line, why the fuck would we care about the time line?

What we should care is about QUALITY OF RP AND FUN!

It is stalker based role play , but it doesn't mean we can't modify it so it can be even more fun.
Making loners a major faction would be good. A shit load of fun!

They might be all over the place unorganized.
But they are strong in numbers.

You can put it as one major faction which are the loners and you put the major faction into smaller groups , as squads, which are the clans.

My point is , the clans make a major faction, and they keep in contact with each other maintaining friendly relations and helping each other out.

Plunger

Quote from: Dug on 10-01-2010
I do not understand you people, SoC and CS time line, why the fuck would we care about the time line?

What we should care is about QUALITY OF RP AND FUN!

It is stalker based role play , but it doesn't mean we can't modify it so it can be even more fun.
Making loners a major faction would be good. A shit load of fun!

They might be all over the place unorganized.
But they are strong in numbers.

You can put it as one major faction which are the loners and you put the major faction into smaller groups , as squads, which are the clans.

My point is , the clans make a major faction, and they keep in contact with each other maintaining friendly relations and helping each other out.

Silver's already said multiple times it won't be a major faction.

And Dug the timeline is important, because it shows what factions are allowed.

Locke

Because if they become a major faction, they'll probably take over the real factions.

Not gonna happen.

Dug

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 10-01-2010
Because if they become a major faction, they'll probably take over the real factions.

Not gonna happen.

I don't see that happening, I see loner camps all over the place and friendly faces =/
Surely the time line is there, but it has to go on somehow, time doesn't freeze.
I don't see Scar or Strelok walking around.

EDIT: On the other hand you have CoP, somewhere I heard duty and freedom not shooting each other living together, I haven't played it yet.
So you see it is full of changes.

Duty: I say we stop shooting each other and stop wasting our ammo, our fighting is pointless.
Freedom: I agree.

You have duty they protect people from the zone but it doesn't mean they have to hide it.
And freedom who wants to let everyone know about the place, which is a good cause.
And if they do so god knows what would happen.

It's just so many things that can happen.

Also loners don't have paychecks , and people want money and guess where that goes, people wanting to earn money, they will go for the major factions, which are duty,military,freedom and if brainwashed, monolith.

Nikolaz72

If anyone remembers the lonergroup i made called Beetles. With Cloud and Akira's assistance we managed to create a major loner group, not so much that we had more than 6 members but basicly every loner and bandit came to our underground camp to hangout. We even participated in a failed attack on Duty. I mean it would be wrong to say the server never had one. And it would be wrong to say that i would not work.

We had an Armory, a main camp. And our very own Father Viper who was a priest. Funny thing was i never played Clear Sky and i found it interresting to hear that the clear sky group sounded quite much like it :P
Text Cyric the Archmage.

lolKieck

Quote from: Dug on 11-01-2010
Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 10-01-2010

Not gonna happen.

I don't see that happening, I see loner camps all over the place and friendly faces =/
Surely the time line is there, but it has to go on somehow, time doesn't freeze.
I don't see Scar or Strelok walking around.

EDIT: On the other hand you have CoP, somewhere I heard duty and freedom not shooting each other living together, I haven't played it yet.
So you see it is full of changes.

Duty: I say we stop shooting each other and stop wasting our ammo, our fighting is pointless.
Freedom: I agree.

You have duty they protect people from the zone but it doesn't mean they have to hide it.
And freedom who wants to let everyone know about the place, which is a good cause.
And if they do so god knows what would happen.

It's just so many things that can happen.

Also loners don't have paychecks , and people want money and guess where that goes, people wanting to earn money, they will go for the major factions, which are duty,military,freedom and if brainwashed, monolith.

About CoP DUTY and Freedom, they are not fighting with each other, because they would kill themself, thus making the part of the Zone good for bandits and Monolith.
About loners, I don't think we need our own subforum in major factions, but we should the factions subforum to organize ourself a bit.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒