Join server, lag out, no timeout message.

Started by Blazer232, 20-04-2013

Blazer232

Upon joining the server, I was able to successfully create a character.  After leaving the spawn room, I was greeted by lag spikes that were preceded by black screen that would appear suddenly then fade out slowly, which then began another lag spike.  After attempting to move during these lag spikes, I was kicked from the server without any proper error message, and on occasion, I would instead automatically reconnect to the server.  I attempted to delete my ClientRegistry.blob file, as directed by Andy, who thought it was a conflict between the script and my steam client, to no avail.  Andy also told me that it was a common occurrence with others, which makes me confident that it is a problem with the server or script.  I hope that someone here will know how to fix this issue, as I'd very much so like to try the server out, for old time's sake.

nKe

You're not alone with this, been for about a week now.
funfact: You can run SRP in singleplayer after the game decides to boot you into the mainmenu without a message.

Blazer232

Okay, and what does that mean for me being able to play on the server, then?

Maxi96203

I get a similar problem.

I join alright, then I auto-disconnect.

On the off-chance that I can get in, I can't buy anything from the menus, can't pick up items, and can't pick up rubles.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Silver Knight

Follow my guide, should hopefully resolve the issues for you.

1. Clean out your gmod folder.

Delete in garrysmod/garrysmod the following folders:

cache (If there)
downloads
downloadslist

2. Verify your gmod files.

3. Delete your client.blob.

4. Remove addons\workshop stuff you don't need or use.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Blazer232

Quote from: SilverKnight on 20-04-2013
Follow my guide, should hopefully resolve the issues for you.

1. Clean out your gmod folder.

Delete in garrysmod/garrysmod the following folders:

cache (If there)
downloads
downloadslist

2. Verify your gmod files.

3. Delete your client.blob.

4. Remove addons\workshop stuff you don't need or use.
Thank you for your help, although the fix didn't work.  I've even taken to moving the content elsewhere, deleting my addons folder, and moving it back, still did not work.

Lucky Pig

Try to reinstall Gmod itself? Delete all shit there and re-install it and re-download the SVNs.

Blazer232

Quote from: Lucky Pig on 21-04-2013
Try to reinstall Gmod itself? Delete all shit there and re-install it and re-download the SVNs.
I tried this this morning.  I was able to connect, and walk around for about 1+ minute, before I crashed again, and on the third attempt, GMod simply closed instead of disconnecting.

Maxi96203

My problems persist as well.

Gonztah

I bet it's because of all the props on the map

Blazer232

Quote from: Gonztah on 21-04-2013
I bet it's because of all the props on the map
No, it's a problem with the script.

Reorp

Quote from: Blazer232 on 21-04-2013
I tried this this morning.  I was able to connect, and walk around for about 1+ minute, before I crashed again, and on the third attempt, GMod simply closed instead of disconnecting.
I can play it somewhat perfectly, but the same issue happens with me. I will get disconnected from the server for no real reason (Reason being- Disconnect: �@0����yf0��Jo����Q'�z6�����.) that isn't printed in console, or Garry's Mod will just close out stealthily.

Blazer232

I sometimes get strange errors as well.  My last one I believe was just, "Disconnect: ." and before that it was something like, "Disconnect: E.◄"

Silver Knight

Update your graphics card drivers.

Blazer232

Could you possibly help me do that?  I don't know how, exactly, as I'm not really much of a knowledgeable person when it comes to the computer itself.

Silver Knight

Could you possibly help me do that?  I don't know how, exactly, as I'm not really much of a knowledgeable person when it comes to the computer itself.

Is your graphics card AMD or Nvidia?

Type in the searchbox or if its xp, type in the run command (windows key + R) - "Dxdiag" without quotes then click on display and it will tell you who made your gpu.

Then it's easy to go to either amd or nvida's website and download the drivers, it has a autosearch feature to find the correct driver on both sites.

Also this issue seems to have popped up in the latest gmod update and theres alot of crash reports on facepunch so garry's the issue here. The script has not been updated for some time.

Blazer232

Paintcheck

So you have an integrated GPU.

Turn your graphics settings down as low as they will go and see if that helps.

Blazer232

Silver Knight

Hrrrrrm alright.

You can still update your intel graphics drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Use the Intel® Driver Update Utility to auto-find drivers to update.

Blazer232

I was able to update my drivers, connect, and stay on the server for a consecutive hour, just about, when I was booted from the server, and received a similar reason to Reorp's.  Although I wasn't able to stay on the server as long as I had liked, the game has definitely shown some improvement.

Blazer232

Alright -- and apologies for double post -- after reconnecting, it seems to have reverted to its old state of simply disconnecting and in some cases shutting down GMod after around 2-3 minutes.

Maxi96203

I got in, but I still can't use trader menu or pick up rubles.

Dark Scar

Its a funny topic this, from my experience the map itself causes the lag but the props could be playing a part in it though I'd prefer not to delete all the faction bases and so on. Best say to combat this would either to delete all of the props (with a backup ofcourse) and see if that helps, if not then I suggest a new map, possible one that isn't huge, the playerbase as of current barely uses 1/4 of the map, unless there are events.

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

Blazer232

Here's something I didn't notice in my console, got this in most recent incident.

Netchannel: failed reading message svc_GMod_ServerToClient from 69.162.76.236:27015.
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file models/hgn/srp/vehicles/uaz_new.mdl
mdlkeyvalue, (*prop_data*),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file models/hgn/srp/vehicles/moskovitch.mdl
Netchannel: unknown net message (44) from 69.162.76.236:27015.
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file models/hgn/srp/vehicles/uaz_new.mdl
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file models/hgn/srp/vehicles/moskovitch.mdl
�&<��2���x��p��a��Ǽ�C�Disconnect: ��L~`6��.
Disconnect: ��L~`6��.
Mean anything to anyone?