Issues connecting

Started by Zero, 07-09-2009

Zero

I've heard of this problem, and it has not affected me until now, but whenever I join I crash say... Three minutes when I join, but I recieve no message, just freeze up then I see everyone else freeze up. And from I am told I am the only one who freezes up, This has not happened ever before and I have not changed anything, Is this server related? Because I also have problems connecting.

Zero

OjManchow

Welcome to the club
Also : Sorry I didnt have anything helpfull to say =P
But yea, I think its to do with the location of the spawn, and that theres quite a few people on, which adds to it

Zarrick

I had it last night, I -think- as I was told, it was because there were to many Props on the server, being in Monolith I sitll vote against those huge towers, they are a ton of Props D:
====================================

Silver Knight

Yeah, less props would do the trick, but some many fools are build happy... I will be changing the spawn location in the next version, to somewhere underground, using portals/teleports to the surface, it's less brush worthy, and can add abit more depth to the map.

"Tunnels going under section one, and coming up in section 3" and the like aka "alternate entrances"

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Akira

I'll tell people to save / remove their props when this happens. Silver added enough houses and tons of other buildings to the map. We don't need more uber bases and towers. Use what you get.

Zarrick

This connection issue is happening for me right now, same effects, same time. I dont think its Props Silver, it could be the server, my connetion, the props (And its just a Coincidence).

Its wierd, because suddenly I was Rping with Winters, then began to Spazz out and then I got several connection issues and then I couldnt move, I disconnected, tried to reconnect and I'm getting the same, very slow server connetion, that after all that is greeted with the exact same lag.

I've Window Washed, Defragged, restarted steam and my Comp and nothing has changed, at all.
Its either the Server or Props. I asked an admin for a Prop-Clean up and he awnsered with "No sorry." I -have- noticed this has only started happening to me noticed since Adv Dupe was re-added to the server aswell.

If it is Props, TT needs to be harder to get and then a Prop-Limit is needed. :F

Its getting annoying because nothing really much happens before the time this crap starts happening.

EDIT: I am Monolith, dont think I'm critising Monoliths RP items, people or there building skills.

But if Monolith are En masse on the server, about two of these are spawned thats atleast about Sixty props.

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/index.php?board=188.0

I went into a Monolith base the other day, and they have about four statues, similar to these, but not so many props, so if Four of these, are in one base...thats just a stupid amount of props, 120 Props to be exact (If the statues are about/more than 30 props, as I suspect.)

Plunger

Quote from: Zarrick on 08-09-2009
This connection issue is happening for me right now, same effects, same time. I dont think its Props Silver, it could be the server, my connetion, the props (And its just a Coincidence).

Its wierd, because suddenly I was Rping with Winters, then began to Spazz out and then I got several connection issues and then I couldnt move, I disconnected, tried to reconnect and I'm getting the same, very slow server connetion, that after all that is greeted with the exact same lag.

I've Window Washed, Defragged, restarted steam and my Comp and nothing has changed, at all.
Its either the Server or Props. I asked an admin for a Prop-Clean up and he awnsered with "No sorry." I -have- noticed this has only started happening to me noticed since Adv Dupe was re-added to the server aswell.

If it is Props, TT needs to be harder to get and then a Prop-Limit is needed. :F

Its getting annoying because nothing really much happens before the time this crap starts happening.

EDIT: I am Monolith, dont think I'm critising Monoliths RP items, people or there building skills.

But if Monolith are En masse on the server, about two of these are spawned thats atleast about Sixty props.

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/index.php?board=188.0

I went into a Monolith base the other day, and they have about four statues, similar to these, but not so many props, so if Four of these, are in one base...thats just a stupid amount of props, 120 Props to be exact (If the statues are about/more than 30 props, as I suspect.)
Called DoS.

Zarrick

Very helpfull :F

Plunger

Quote from: Zarrick on 08-09-2009
Very helpfull :F
In other words someone is sending the server so much data it can't handle it and it begins to lag.

Akira

Zarrick, we're not using that Adv Dupe, we made our one earlier. It has less props, maybe 10.

Zarrick

Still dosnt solve the problem of not being to connect past a certain time :F

I just logged into STEAM, connected to the server, and Its fine, no lag, perfect. So i'll wait to the same time tonight to see if the problem is still here.

Zero

Problem was solved, turns out it wasn't anything to do with me. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time.