Is HGN/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP dead?

Started by Aviator, 18-04-2013

Aviator

Yo, yo yo yo yo yo yo, yo yo yo yo, yo. Is the server dead? You guys should modify/manipulate Clockwork or maybe even custom order a custom STALKER Clockwork script from http://www.cloudsixteen.com/ ?
It seems to be the popular choice amongst leading serious roleplay communities (InfusionGaming.net, Excelgaming.net, and a variety of HL2RP and Fallout servers)
It's obvious the new script sucks, and is buggy as fuck, why not just buy a new script/maybe even gain a new player base by making the switch to Clockwork?
A lot of serious roleplayers look for and play on clockwork servers, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on clockwork is sure to raise a few eyebrows, especially if it's exclusive.

Steven :D

1). CW Dev keys aren't available
2). Must purchase schema to do anything ATM
3). Easily manipulated by C16 servers (ie if connection to their servers is lost, the server gets shut down and spammed with "PURCHASE A KEY AT CLOUDSIXTEEN.COM"
4). Everybody and their mother uses CW right now
5). We are using a new script.
6). C16 Doesn't sell STALKER RP Scripts.

Lexo

Quote from: Aviator on 18-04-2013
Yo, yo yo yo yo yo yo, yo yo yo yo, yo. Is the server dead? You guys should modify/manipulate Clockwork or maybe even custom order a custom STALKER Clockwork script from http://www.cloudsixteen.com/ ?
It seems to be the popular choice amongst leading serious roleplay communities (InfusionGaming.net, Excelgaming.net, and a variety of HL2RP and Fallout servers)
It's obvious the new script sucks, and is buggy as fuck, why not just buy a new script/maybe even gain a new player base by making the switch to Clockwork?
A lot of serious roleplayers look for and play on clockwork servers, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on clockwork is sure to raise a few eyebrows, especially if it's exclusive.

I think saying the new script 'sucks' is slightly harsh seeing as Exile and many members of the staff team have put effort into it to make it the best experience for us all. Also, I don't think moving to a different gamemode with the exact same features would increase a new player base? It would still be Stalker with the same gamemode theme...

Reorp

I honestly don't see the server as dead....I see activity on it at least once a day until later at night, which makes sense at least.

(EDIT): Besides, Script is fine as it is. Just needs polishing as any other good game-mode

Khorn

The script was never really the issue.

Dark Scar

A few people get on in the weekend and quite a few in the weekdays too, but most of the time the playerbase is cut into timezones, we have people on in the European side and then we have people on in the American side. As for the script, theres nothing wrong with it apart from a few bugs, but as stated by its name its an alpha.

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

Vortigoat

On almost everyday here... forever without hope...forever without daylight...forever without social friends.

nKe

Quote from: Vortigoat on 18-04-2013
On almost everyday here... forever without hope...forever without daylight...forever without social friends.

Silver Knight

I believe aviator made a similar thread 2 years ago. In his eyes, if it's not kuroneku shite, it's not rp. lol.

We have the only unique serious rp script in gmod, why would we change to kuroneku poop, tacoscript or a cakescript variant. No thanks, custom baby.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period