Injury Rp

Started by Radek, 14-10-2009

Crimzon_Reaper

Good boy.

The view was: Less weight, more ammo, more killing.

Radek

More killing more fun, but anyway if your hit in a close combat fight and if you dont have a good suit/armor You will go down.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

OxTox

What about them bullets with a cross carved on the tip?

Locke

How about you get shot at all, you rp getting hit. Seriously ,even with ceramic plates it's going to hurt like a bitch.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Locke on 15-10-2009
How about you get shot at all, you rp getting hit. Seriously ,even with ceramic plates it's going to hurt like a bitch.

QFT. Ballistics don't really matter in a game like Gmod and lots of you guys are just throwing calibers out without understanding what you are talking about (or realizing that there are, in fact, 3 different 7.62 calibers in common use today that shoot differently, which I think is causing some confusion. And there is no way 5.56 has higher stopping power, look up the definition of "Kinetic Energy" and you'll find mass is THE component that matters in stopping power).

Basically don't get shot. With anything. Period.

Goose

Quote from: the jackal on 15-10-2009
Erm just a little fact torch... the reason NATO changed to 5.56 is because it actually has higher stopping power than the 7.62, the 7.62 will just go straight through, creating minimal damage, the 5.56 however mushrooms on impact causing severe interior damage.
Meaning one shot will take you down, unlike the 7.62 where people have experienced shooting someone, and they have kept coming.
Just so you know the 5.56 is a smaller round that is pointed meant for penitration not mushrooming its supposed to penitrate armour and go through some times it will stay and bounce around screwing the guy over but its meant more for body armour ect.. the 7.62 round is meant for complete destruction mutilating and wrecking everything it hits you get hit by a 7.62 in the chest your most likely done... even if you have armour cermaict plats ect it will crush it if it dose happen to stop it internal bleeding broken ribs puntured lungs alot of stuff that will happen
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Lucidius

[sarcasm]Hey guys, I heard this thread was about ballistics and not about RPing to be injured when shot.

Just figured it'de say, Desert Eagles are 50 calibre hand cannons, used for shooting through engine blocks and detonating bombs form afar.[/sarcasm]
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Paintcheck

Quote from: Lucidius on 15-10-2009
Hey guys, I heard this thread was about ballistics and not about RPing to be injured when shot.

Just figured it'de say, Desert Eagles are 50 calibre hand cannons, used for shooting through engine blocks and detonating bombs form afar.

OH MY GOD I THINK I JUST HAD AN ANEURYSM FROM THAT COMMENT. Stop posting if you don't know what you are talking about.

Desert Eagles do NOT shoot .50 BMG. They shoot .50 Action Express, a much shorter round. Yes it is .50 in in diameter but it is nowhere near what a .50 BMG is in terms of range. The .50 BMG is the one used to stop cars. The .50 AE is an impractical experiment that for some reason people think is the greatest thing since sliced bread due to Counter Strike.

Lucidius

Sorry, let me fix my post.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Plunger

Here's the deal, Bullets in real life depend on multiple things.

Type of Point
Caliber
Weight
Aero Dynamics
And more.

Getting hit will have multiple results too.

Adrenaline can affect the reaction from being shot. A Makarov to the chest without armor, but pumping with adrenaline will do about as much as a nail to the chest.

Ceramic Armor will protect you unless it cracks splintering into you or the vibrations and impact shock injure your organs.

TL;DR?

There is no precise way to RP a bullet wound.

Lucidius

Quote from: Plunger on 15-10-2009
There is no precise way to RP a bullet wound.

/thread

My Profile[/b][/size]

Romolski

Lots of things wrong with the first post, and perhaps most peoples' perceptions on the strength of the human body.

First off, let's solve the issue of the calibre difference, as well as correct some of the faults:

Depending on a projectile's velocity, mass, composition (steel core, 'lead-head', depleted uranium, ballistic tip or otherwise), and make (Armor-Piercing configuration, Anti-personnel 'hollowpoints' / 'split-tips') combined with the target it is striking, along with the angle and placement of shot, determines the damage of the impact.

This being said, there are thousands of variables that can be determined from a shot, even if it's made in the same area of a particular body. Man takes a 7.62 x 39 from 600m to the leg, hits center but penetrates 7cm only (No protection besiders combat clothing), and immobilizes that leg.

He dies from the shot not twenty minutes later. Bullet struck the femoral artery, causing him to bleed out. Without medical assistance he dies from blood loss. Another man, from the same variables, his hit just 2cm to the right. He lives, without medical attention, due to the hot bullet cauderizing the muscle mass on the inside and the lack of any sufficient arterial hemorrhaging.

There is a severe lack of understanding of what Adrenaline, which is induced by epinephrine, does to the body. Besides nulling the pain to most relatively 'small' injuries, the Adrenaline 'Rush' increases the BPM (beats per minute) that the heart experiences. Should a major artery split or sever, blood would come spraying out as the increased heart rate pumps away. Adrenaline does not reduce the effects of physical damage, only the pain felt by it and the cycle of cellular resperation.

Although epinephrine dilutes the blood a bit, it is not enough to act as a blood replacement, and will increase the chance for death by blood loss. PERIOD.

All that being said, even an injured man can put a resiliant fight up. People who experience "the rush" have increased tolerances of pain, negating some of the bodies nature defenses against injuring one's self even more. This effect can help one by enabiling him/her to be able to utilize certain body parts that, without the phenomenon, would feel excruciating amounts of suffering.

Anyone ever read "The Sniper"? Tale has more truth to it than it would like to tell.

A young boy, fighting for his side of the IRA is shot by a high calibered weapon (most likely a 7.92 x 57mm) in the arm. Besides the horrible pain that is felt, it eventually numbs out (a natural defence by the body to prevent shock or passing out from excessive pain) and is able to kill the person who shot him with a bolt action rifle.

My cousin, a police officer of South Texas, had to use his Kimber .45 sidearm, along with a partner who had a .357, and another who had a 9mm, against a main who had used a large amount of methanphetamine. The man decided to rush them, after bending a steel shovel in half with his bare hands, wielding a machete and took an incredible amount of punishment. They tazered the man, which had absolutely no effect, and upon him swinging at an officer, shot him multiple times to convince him to stop.

14 centermass shots later and one officer severely injured they managed to subdue the suspect and bring him into the hospital, where he later died from overdose.

Extrodinary stories like this are not all fiction: the body can withstand extreme punishment, whereas the mind may think otherwise. But the body is not all powerful or invicible: enough physical damage to it will make it fail, and certain parts (or the whole shibang) will become crippled / paralized, regardless of what the mind can or cannot feel.

Locke

Romolski just explained it really well, damn.

Radek

What do you mean by first post.. My thread? Or one of the posts?
Anyway respect to reality but when i see you take everything you just said in to account in an rp situation.. I'll be frikin amased and i swear to god i'll name you my personal god. It's Litteraly impossible to take EVERYthing in to account some things have to fall in to the shadows sadley, you just have to Go with what's possible to do. Rping exactly where a shot hits is going to take Hours.. (NOt litteraly) People needs to understand what's possible to do on the server.

I started this thread to  try to make people Do some more Injurie rp.. not to make people frikin ballistics experts.
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Romolski

What's even more sad is that I rarely get to do so seeing how people love to STK me on sight (for what reason, I do not know) or involve themselves within their own worlds of supposive "event" roleplay.

Awh well.

With all the multiple variables and factors that denote a wound, one can use a basic format to simplify "injury roleplay", this includes, but is not limited to, bullet impacts.

1. Severity
-Regardless of placement of a wound, if it is severe enough it will kill. The opposite may apply as well: if it hits a semi-vital spot but fails to do significant damage, the wound will be "light". Being shot with a 9mm in your shin is a helluva lot less likely to kill as opposed to a Rocket-Propelled-Grenade.

2. Location
-With the above stated, certain injuries substained will kill if placement is just right, but in other spots besides the vital organs or areas, may do non-threatening injury. A knife to the arm is alot less lethal then one to the throat.

3. Availiability of Treatment
-Some wounds may not initially be life threatening, but over time may pose a great threat, whether it be blood loss or the risk of infection. Burns are especially susceptible to infection do to their nature of destroying a major body defense (White Blood Cells and the epidermis).

deluxulous

Show's over, smart person posers can leave now Romolski 1, everyone else 0. Good game guys.

TL;DR:

FUCKING RP IT LOL

Romolski

Thank you gentlemen, it was fun while it lasted... for two short posts.

Zero

Quote from: Romolski on 16-10-2009
What's even more sad is that I rarely get to do so seeing how people love to STK me on sight (for what reason, I do not know) or involve themselves within their own worlds of supposive "event" roleplay.

Awh well.

With all the multiple variables and factors that denote a wound, one can use a basic format to simplify "injury roleplay", this includes, but is not limited to, bullet impacts.

1. Severity
-Regardless of placement of a wound, if it is severe enough it will kill. The opposite may apply as well: if it hits a semi-vital spot but fails to do significant damage, the wound will be "light". Being shot with a 9mm in your shin is a helluva lot less likely to kill as opposed to a Rocket-Propelled-Grenade.

2. Location
-With the above stated, certain injuries substained will kill if placement is just right, but in other spots besides the vital organs or areas, may do non-threatening injury. A knife to the arm is alot less lethal then one to the throat.

3. Availiability of Treatment
-Some wounds may not initially be life threatening, but over time may pose a great threat, whether it be blood loss or the risk of infection. Burns are especially susceptible to infection do to their nature of destroying a major body defense (White Blood Cells and the epidermis).

Good post, needed people to know this since the start of the community.

Romolski

And yet it still takes thirty posts (or sometimes more -_-) to join a faction.

Loner plox, anyone?

Maybe I'll invent an exo-suit like the one from "Aliens" and fight bloodsuckers hand-to-hand.

But enough derailing, it does no good.

Summing up all the information I have provided, a wound has thousands of ways to play out, but it is up to the players themselves to dictate what happens in their roleplay. Whether they consider my point or not is completely up to them to decide. Only with the good judgement of an educated player can situations maturely be handled, and may not always end with an equal-sided resolution.

The best advice I can give for "Injury RP", and frankly rp in general is to provide accurate detail, lots of it.

And try to use proper punctuation.

That is all.

Goose

Wow this guy came out of no where and won the post war good job there :D lol
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Assassinator

For Romolski.

Radek

I added Romolski's thing.

Mangoman

i hate when you rp shoot someone and they just wont stop being "runs as fast as he can" or you shoot them in the arm and they  "act like they didnt get hit" or something.

Smirnoff

Hm, interesting thread, even though it may be a little OP to say in a STK, 0mg i hit you in the t0e, get on the ground and let us pwn you ass!!!11
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."