Injury Rp

Started by Radek, 14-10-2009

Radek

I dont know if anyone has Posted this before but people needs to remember what it is.. Couse right now it dosent seem like that.

Injurie rp is (For does of you who are idiots...) a special roleplay you get to do when you get injuired in someway..
It's a very simple kind of rp and if rped the right way will bring you some of the best rp moments you have ever seen.

On the server you each day see people ignoring this wonderfull type of rp. It can be all from Getting wounded in a /me Battle or Getting shot in an Stm battle, i'm not saying you should get wounded everytime but it would be nice to see it more often (Stk is a little iffy.. you will have to talk to the guy your fighting to clear up the details).

I know it might be hard to know where you got hit if your just running from someone and get shot in the back but it dosent really matter, if you get shot while running you will fall down. It dosent matter how strong you are, you will fall down not only form the pain a bullet wound will couse you but also the force that transfers on to you when the bullet hits you.

Sence it's so easy to spot bad Injurie rp in a Stm situation sence the victim will probably just run away, but a /me battle.. That's A bit harder. Here is an exemple

Stalker:*Quickly grabs his pistol and trys to shoot The bandit*
Bandit: *Moans as he get's hit in the shoulder*
Bandit: *Grabs his Knife and throws himself at the Stalker*
Stalker: *Falls to the ground as the Bandit jumps at him*
Bandit: *Trys stab The stalker in the chest*
Stalker: * Grabs the Bandits Hand and tryst to Push the knife away*
Bandit: *Contineus pushing the knife down using all of his strenght*
And the story goes on..
See i'm gona stop there couse i made my point.. The bandit in this case acted wrong i bet some of you missed it but there is no way the bandit could have won the knife battle With a wounded shoulder... If you get shot in a fist battle.. your pretty much done for.

A bullet wound will couse you to much pain to go on and even if you fight throught the pain the bloodloss will do the rest. I know this is a pretty obvius exemple and it looks really stupid but people keep ignoring this.. It can be anything from Getting stabbed in the side and still have the power to fight for another 15 minutes to getting shot in the legs and still manege to run away..

I know most of you people, And your not bad rpers but you got to remember injurie rp! It's an important part of our rp and it should not be forgotten, just use your own common sense.. If you wouldent be able to do it.. Your stalker char probably wouldent be able to either. Mos of you dont do the injurie rp couse your afraid to lose, Even i'm pretty bad at this but I think it's something we can do if we just try a little more.

(I'm dyslectic.. Sowy for spelling.. Havent installed the spell checker yet.)
Oh and feel free to comment if you want to add something.. Plunger has already started..

Quote from: Romolski on 16-10-2009
With all the multiple variables and factors that denote a wound, one can use a basic format to simplify "injury roleplay", this includes, but is not limited to, bullet impacts.

1. Severity
-Regardless of placement of a wound, if it is severe enough it will kill. The opposite may apply as well: if it hits a semi-vital spot but fails to do significant damage, the wound will be "light". Being shot with a 9mm in your shin is a helluva lot less likely to kill as opposed to a Rocket-Propelled-Grenade.

2. Location
-With the above stated, certain injuries substained will kill if placement is just right, but in other spots besides the vital organs or areas, may do non-threatening injury. A knife to the arm is alot less lethal then one to the throat.

3. Availiability of Treatment
-Some wounds may not initially be life threatening, but over time may pose a great threat, whether it be blood loss or the risk of infection. Burns are especially susceptible to infection do to their nature of destroying a major body defense (White Blood Cells and the epidermis).
Thanks for epic Post Bud, added it sence epic deserves to be epic.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Plunger

It also depends on what suit you use.

A makarov to the chest with an Exo or Skat will only cause minor damage from the ceramic plating pressing you.

Radek

Of course it does but as i said use your common sense.
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Plunger

Also, Even if your killed you can ask to come back to Injury Role-Play a lot of the time.

Radek

I also said that. Did you read the Thread?

Plunger

Quote from: Radek on 14-10-2009
I also said that. Did you read the post?
I mean in an STK Battle.

Radek

*(Stk is a little iffy.. you will have to talk to the guy your fighting to clear up the details).*
I think i pretty much coverd that in there but i can clear it up to people if you think it's needed.

Plunger

Quote from: Radek on 14-10-2009
*(Stk is a little iffy.. you will have to talk to the guy your fighting to clear up the details).*
I think i pretty much coverd that in there but i can clear it up to people if you think it's needed.
Oh sorry, I thought it said STM.

Goose

YAY thank you radek now people have somehting to read about Injury RP and cant say they dont know thank you.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Rebel6609

Im glad someone posted how to injury are pee. most people just die and complain or if they get shot in the chest they shake it off. i hope veryone reads this and learns.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Lucidius

Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Locke

Ahahhaa. Lucidius, freaking epic and so true.

Torch

If you got shot with an AK47 from that range, yes you would go down like that.

Hey kids! Time to learn about Bullets!

Bullets determine just how powerful a 'weapon' is.
The gun can help determine how accurate the bullet travels.

A Makarov that fires a 9x18mm round would hurt as badly as a Fort12 that uses a 9x18mm or any weapon for that matter that uses the same size ammunition.

Quick Guide on how painful a bullet shot should be (within 50m)
9x18mm - Low stopping power, small round. No force
9x19mm - Low stopping power, small round. No force
5x45mm - Medium stopping power, small round. Small penetration, little force.
5.56mm - Medium stopping power, medium round. Decent penetration, little force.
7.62mm - Large stopping power, large round. Decent penetration, large force.

Lets say Bob gets shot in the gut with a 5.56mm round, and his trusty body armor stops the bullet. The force of the bullet still travels into Bob's body because his ceramic plate is already cracked. It might hurt like fuck, but its not a stopping factor. Now lets say that was a 7.62mm round Bob got hit with. Bob is now on his ass because the force of the bullet fucking knocked him to the ground.

Remember that the bullet doesn't need to penetrate the skin to actually kill someone.
And the bigger the bullet, generally the more force it carries when its fired.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Torch on 14-10-2009
If you got shot with an AK47 from that range, yes you would go down like that.

Hey kids! Time to learn about Bullets!

Bullets determine just how powerful a 'weapon' is.
The gun can help determine how accurate the bullet travels.

A Makarov that fires a 9x18mm round would hurt as badly as a Fort12 that uses a 9x18mm or any weapon for that matter that uses the same size ammunition.

Quick Guide on how painful a bullet shot should be (within 50m)
9x18mm - Low stopping power, small round. No force
9x19mm - Low stopping power, small round. No force
5x45mm - Medium stopping power, small round. Small penetration, little force.
5.56mm - Medium stopping power, medium round. Decent penetration, little force.
7.62mm - Large stopping power, large round. Decent penetration, large force.

Lets say Bob gets shot in the gut with a 5.56mm round, and his trusty body armor stops the bullet. The force of the bullet still travels into Bob's body because his ceramic plate is already cracked. It might hurt like fuck, but its not a stopping factor. Now lets say that was a 7.62mm round Bob got hit with. Bob is now on his ass because the force of the bullet fucking knocked him to the ground.

Remember that the bullet doesn't need to penetrate the skin to actually kill someone.
And the bigger the bullet, generally the more force it carries when its fired.

Urge...to...tear...you....a....new...asshole...ballistically.....rising.

Meh the idea is close enough. Obviously some rounds hurt more than others.

Radek

Sighs. I said use your common sense of course a bigger type of bullet will have a higher stopping power, and Of course Small bullets will have some force to it's not like you get hit and dont frikin react.
Unless your somekind of mutant you will most likly not be standing if you get shot at close range.

Steel

Erm just a little fact torch... the reason NATO changed to 5.56 is because it actually has higher stopping power than the 7.62, the 7.62 will just go straight through, creating minimal damage, the 5.56 however mushrooms on impact causing severe interior damage.
Meaning one shot will take you down, unlike the 7.62 where people have experienced shooting someone, and they have kept coming.

Dark Angel

You are wrong BTW  ;D checked some Russian weapon forums and i found an interesting info about that 7.64 doesn't cut into the body... it rips the skin/flesh to get throught.

Also there are also X7.64 which have X infront of them and when they hit something they break in 4! >=3

Crimzon_Reaper

Quote from: the jackal on 15-10-2009
Erm just a little fact torch... the reason NATO changed to 5.56 is because it actually has higher stopping power than the 7.62, the 7.62 will just go straight through, creating minimal damage, the 5.56 however mushrooms on impact causing severe interior damage.
Meaning one shot will take you down, unlike the 7.62 where people have experienced shooting someone, and they have kept coming.

Have you read up on the 5.56?
It has -A LOT- of problems with body-armour, and with putting people on the ground with one shot.
It lacks kinetic energy upon impact, meaning it won't be able to push a decent target to the ground.

The 7.62? - Bro. The round packs a shit-tonne of energy, easily capable of knocking a target flat on it's ass. Problem is, the 7.62 will travel so far, then drop like a stone.
Also:
Targets wearing body-armour will more than likely still have the round within them once they hit the ground.
Soft targets may or may not have the bullet still inside of them once they hit the ground.

Radek

Guys guys... Your getting off the point..

Crimzon_Reaper

Quote from: Radek on 15-10-2009
Guys guys... Your getting off the point..

No, we're not. We're discussing the properties of different rounds, which would lead to different levels of injury RP.

Now shush, I'd like to go back to being smart.

Zero

The point is, if your shot, you feel weak for a minute or 30 seconds, then gain my strength, only it won't be full strength so you can't (Throws a sucker off him) I did that once and it was unrealistic because I was shot earlier.
If I haden't been shot I would be able to do that.

Steel

Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 15-10-2009

It has -A LOT- of problems with body-armour, and with putting people on the ground with one shot.
It lacks kinetic energy upon impact, meaning it won't be able to push a decent target to the ground.

The 7.62? - Bro. The round packs a shit-tonne of energy, easily capable of knocking a target flat on it's ass. Problem is, the 7.62 will travel so far, then drop like a stone.
Also:
Targets wearing body-armour will more than likely still have the round within them once they hit the ground.
Soft targets may or may not have the bullet still inside of them once they hit the ground.

We are talking standard engagment range... which is 200-300 metres... which is where the 5.56 provails.
7.62 is good, but at the ranges 400 metres+

Radek

Still doubt you would be able to throw a sukcer off you even if you were at full streangh.. But Atleast your on talking about the thread not some random bullets, I mean if you get shot you wont be able to fight on.

Crimzon_Reaper

Quote from: Crimzon_Reaper on 15-10-2009

Also:

We are talking standard engagment range... which is 200-300 metres... which is where the 5.56 provails.
7.62 is good, but at the ranges 400 metres+

Broseph, the 7.62 reigns supreme at all ranges in respects of kinetic energy. Get hit, you're screwed, generally.

Steel

K agreed, i have just double checked things and im wrong :P
The reason it was replaced was due to the weight.